Do you feel like a psychopath/sociopath sometimes? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you feel like a psychopath/sociopath sometimes?

Haha! Yer in jail! Jerk! Glad you have internet. I had orange slippers to use as a toilet seat...

Old Conno from D Block isn't it. Well, I had either orange slippers or a tuna can to use as a toilet.

(Sociopathic derail).

Only when I kill people.

The rest of the time I'm a super nice guy.

Reactions: Night Owl
I just realised, what's creepy is the fact that among us there may be a genuine psychopathic killer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa and Hoodie
yes, sometimes I am completely indifferent to the fate of others, or even myself.

Going OT here, I hope that's okay. I just watched HBO's 6 part documentary/interview with Robert Durst called The Jinx. Wow, if you want to see a psycho/sociopath in action, watch that. I think it's on the HBO website, also all of it can be found free on Daily Motion as well. Got curious and watched the (poorly rated) film All Good Things, by the same producers of the interview (also, all about Durst and deeds). I actually thought it was good, though creepy as hell and not gory (can't deal with gore). That's on Netflix currently. Okay, signing off the psychopath thread,
~The Pinto

[MENTION=13730]PintoBean[/MENTION]

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0705-highlight-5510bdd9d1170.jpg
    0705-highlight-5510bdd9d1170.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: PintoBean
I don't know if there's anyone that doesn't feel like one from time to time. In my opinion, most humans have the capacity for both great good and extreme evil.

I don't know if there's anyone that doesn't feel like one from time to time. In my opinion, most humans have the capacity for both great good and extreme evil.
There's a difference between acknowledging your dark side and identifying as a sociopath even momentarily, truly. They are not at all the same thing.
It's like saying you are OCD because you hate having things messy on your desk. Maybe in a way, identifying with an undiagnosed mental illness is a way to shirk that dark side... Because then in a way you are saying you are helpless against it, it's just part of who you are. Not talking to you specifically, Izan. Just musing in general.

Reactions: gd65h8as7
No.

But, my music inhabits a very medieval-esque world of war and constant death fanaticism with little regard for emotion or human life in general. I like blood, I like death, and I like gore. I like weapons, and I like how fragile human mortality is. My fascination and raw passion for these dream worlds has always kept me at a distance with reality. I inhabit these worlds in my mind and those dreams are so intrinsic to my spiritual core and have been for many years (decades) that I wish I could marry those fantasy worlds with my physical reality. They used to be RPG / strategy war game related; but now in my adult years, the outlet for these worlds is channeled through my various music projects. They're weird and creepy, but they're my creations, and I love them almost as much as my close family, if not more than anything I've ever known in life, period.

I'm probably not making any sense, but most of you being INFJ and related types you can probably understand the "disconnect" that we deal with and the introversion that fuels our interest in fantasy land. Mine just happen to be very peculiar.

So, when prompted with the question during heavy discussion on the future of this country and the spiritual revolution currently underway, resulting in the powers that be attempting to hold dear the wealth that they keep private and to take any measures necessary to remain in power (decimation of rioters through use of excessive police force to dismantle those people attempting to overthrow the rampant and widespread corruption that exists in our system of governance) - yes, I would have no problem killing a human being through raw hatred against those attempting to imprison me for wanting a life of true spiritual freedom and liberty, whether by hand to hand combat or a more tactical approach. I will resort to drastic and violent measures to achieve something for the greater good of the earth as a whole, especially - and in a more realistic setting, to prevent those from inhibiting or shutting me down as I expose those certain corrupt entities in an attempt to dismantle the evil that exists to control the masses. I will resort to black magic, and if I die, my spirit will be the leeching demon out for revenge. I've knocked on the devil's door more than once, and he responded with great acceptance. I have communicated with those entities that watch me, and they have answered my requests for assistance should the time arise if I do need power beyond the physical realm to achieve a certain goal in a state of extreme oppression.

Last edited:
No.

I’ve got a neurodevelopmental disorder, and a couple of cormorbids, and some days I do a neurosis dog and pony show like you would not believe.

But PD cluster stuff, and outright psychopathy/sociopathy?

No, not at all.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Sandie33
I probably shouldn't have had the question or the title with psychopath or sociopath in it, because I think it brings people off what I really mean slightly, and also, those are mental illnesses, or just how some people's brain's were built, so it's kind of... almost politically incorrect to talk about them as simply quirks or traits or something. But I'm not sure how else to word it.

Reactions: Asa and Night Owl
Researchers studying people’s musical preferences have found that psychopaths prefer listening to rap music and, contrary to the movie trope epitomised by Anthony Hopkins’s Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs, they are no fonder of classical music than anyone else.

In a study of 200 people who listened to 260 songs, those with the highest psychopath scores were among the greatest fans of the Blackstreet number one hit No Diggity, with Eminem’s Lose Yourself rated highly too.

The New York University team behind the work stress that the results are preliminary and unpublished, but the scientists are sufficiently intrigued to launch a major study in which thousands of people across the psychopathy spectrum will be quizzed on their musical tastes.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...s-prefer-rap-over-classical-music-study-shows

Blackstreet - No Diggity ft. Dr. Dre, Queen Pen

Lose Yourself by Eminem | Eminem

Listening once is OK. :m046:

My head is spinning. :m097:

Occasionally I feel like I'm manipulating people in minor ways to get what I want, but I feel like it's just a more objective way of viewing relationships/services from the outside (just a feeling that comes with increased awareness of said relationships/services). Doing these things makes me happy/fulfilled, the result or rewards is just a plus..not what I'm consciously aiming for (but I am consciously aware of those results/rewards).

So typically no, but I also have phases where my empathy seems to diminish significantly... typical feelings of dissociation and/or an inability to care or connect (usually because I feel overwhelmed by the numbers---I think it has to do with working in the service industry).

Last edited:
Reactions: INFJ16
Sociopath: A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.
"The lack of conscience and an inability to feel remorse are the underlying factors. They do not have the ability to make and keep friends. The sociopathic personality is initially viewed as charming until the casual deception shines through their skillful masterful manipulation. They have the skillful aptitude for lying and cheating. They have no capacity to feel guilt."

Psychopath: A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

Answer for both: No. I never feel that way.

What is "abnormal" violent social behavior? Only actually killing people? People love horror and crime entertainment, watch sports where people intentionally hurt each other, kill animals for fun and when they don't need to for survival.... Humans are messed up.

No, but the concepts are always confused and misinterpreted anyway, like @Asa implied, it's not just merely feeling emotionally numb or empty. I did feel a few times like I ought to have an emotional response and didn't, but that doesn't mean I can't tell right from wrong, have no conscience, or that I am socially inept.

I even have a strict moral code, which is far stricter than that of the average human being. Being enneagram 1, I don't just hold myself to a high standard, but judge others by it as well.

Edit: Being manipulative is a thing that the INFJ can do effortlessly, but usually doesn't unless it is necessary because it isn't right to do it.

Reactions: Asa
Sometimes I get this odd notion that I'm a sociopath or psychopath, or that I'm just super manipulative or something. But then I remember that that's almost impossible since hurting people kills me. And lately I've been thinking that maybe this comes from the fact that I'm literally keeping people happy so I can be happy- and that seems selfish when I'm in my own thoughts.

Anyone else feel similar sometimes?

It's funny you ask, a group of buddies recently asked me if I was a sociopath. Regardless of whether I am or not, I am functional and it's no hinderance to my life.