[PAX] - Do you consciously develop intuition/psychic awareness? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Do you consciously develop intuition/psychic awareness?

Do you consciously develop intuition/psychic awareness?

• Yes. I spend a fair amount of time working to enhance my intuitive side.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No. My intuition works without much conscious effort, so I rarely consider it.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I would like to develop my intuitive side, but haven't yet done so.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
@Kgal

I mean take in input of all kinds. Feed your intuition

This could be experiences it could be knowledge it could be meditation, psychadelics whatever. All these things are stressors and can induce altered states of consciousness and new perspectives

Even challenging life events can act as stressors that can change us as people....its all part of what i mean by 'feed your head' because we are having a life experience here. There are of course risks with seeking out stressors but i think seeing life as an experience is a pretty healthy attitude because it becomes easier to ride out the peaks and troughs because after all they are all part of the experience

Concerning kundalini i can only speak to you about it theoretically....you'd be better speaking to someone who can speak to you about it from experience. Its one thing knowing something and another thing truely understanding it isn't it? Knowledge is a false sphere on the tree of life! ('Daath'....as in darth vader....'fear is the path to the dark side'....and all that!)

One is for water and one is for fire. So theoretically we are talking about raising energies from the base of the spine up through the chakra points to the crown chakra where the pineal gland is going to fire up and give you one hell of an experience! The pineal gland being the producer of the same chemical (DMT?) that gives us dreams and near death experiences

There is a method for managing this amritsa, manna, ambrosia which is released from the pineal gland but i am not adept so i cannot say how. If you put the tip of your tongue onto the roof of your mouth and move it backwards towards the back of your mouth you will find a soft part with a furrow in it. The food of the gods flows down through this part and there is some method for using your tongue to stop it from lowering down through the body (and being released through sexual fluids. The grail story i recounted in my blog is about sex magick) so that you can then induce your illuminating experience

So kundalini yoga is obviously about raising the 'serpent power'. Crowley published 8 lectures on yoga, jung wrote something on it and i've been recommended yogaaphorisms by patanjali

There are risks because we are talking about changing mental states and also about changing physiology. Pranayama can induce asthma, meditation can be used to change the function of the brain for example it does something with the flow of alpha waves to the frontal cortex or something like that, drugs can mess people up, energies can flow prematurely blowing peoples circuitry etc

There's even a name for it 'kundelini syndrome'

I guess the best approach is to do your research, talk to people, and take things slow....let your intuition guide you (you know the drill!)

....and as for 'sanity'...you and i both know its overrated lol

I am such a nut.... Here I am reading your post - and I'm putting the tip of my tongue up to the pallet of my mouth and trying to slide it as farrrrr back as I can. :doh: It tickles as I move it back and forth along the split in the roof of my mouth. Ummm.... I don't feel any food of the gods though. Rats.... sure was hoping for a taste of that. :tongue:

I ran across a video of yoga teacher who says manipulating the kundalini works fluid from the area up the spine to flow over both hemispheres of the brain. ?!?!?!?! I'm not sure what the benefit is - though. Her main focus was doing yoga moves to eliminate toxins from the body.

I shall look for anything "yogaaphorisms by patanjali".

Regarding the kundalini syndrome: I've had some strange experiences since I began doing a meditation designed to "gently" awaken the kundalini. My years of meditation practice grounded me enough to allow it to happen. From what I've read in the book - problems arise whenever people freak out and block whatever is happening. The energy is stuck. And we know what happens when we get stuck - right?

So far I'm feeling better and better - both physically and mentally.

Of course - I could be getting better at being 'insane'.....:w:

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

@Kgal

I think that the value of kundalini and other practices such as meditation or the use of psychadelics or whatever is in bringing about understanding

It doesn't have to be some earth shattering thing.....you don't need to fire up your pineal gland and have some incredible out of body experience where you converse with something or someone (although thats cool!)

It can be found enjoying the sun on your face or in good company or finding something that just rings with truth

I think these practices however are powerful ways of gaining understanding whether that is of your interconnection with everything else or of gratitude or of love or having moments of bliss or of feeling like your doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing at that exact moment (following your true will) or whatever

Perhaps some will disagree with me and say that practices are vital but its my opinion (at the moment...maybe my perception will change) that all of this stuff just form parts of a persons spiritual journey towards understanding......not knowing.....understanding......and that there are many different paths to that

All powers or gifts come from the spirit, therefore to enhance any gift you have would be to connect with the source. What would you focus on to improve what you want to improve?

There is no hocus pocus with Intuition, it is a real psychological way of drawing conclusions. So yes, one can and many do, grow their intuitive ability over time.

The Jungians look at an MBTI and see how a psyche is growing, it is normal to develop the weaker aspects of your personality as you mature.