Do you believe in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena…why or why not? | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena…why or why not?

Skarekrow

~~DEVIL~~
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
Ni-INFJ-A
Enneagram
Warlock
So I have a very strong belief in both ghosts and psychic phenomena as I feel that I have experienced both.
And from my reading as much as I can on the subjects both in books and online, there seems to be quite a bit of evidence supporting their existence.
(See my thread Merkabah - http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27025 )
From what I have read and learned, it seems that any real evidence is ignored because it is basically career suicide to be associated with the paranormal or Psi studies because of taboos in the scientific community.

What are your feelings on the subjects?

Do you believe they exist?

Have you had an experience?

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by psychic phenomenons (maybe I should read your thread) so I can't really make a stance. As for ghosts - no, I don't believe in them.

I've had weird premonitions that I can't explain other than super weird coincidences or sub-conscious knowledge, but I don't really believe in anything super-natural(again, maybe not what we're talking about here).

They exist, I had experience, it is tied with demonic appearences. For those interested in more, read the Bible.

I don't know what you mean by psychic phenomenons (maybe I should read your thread) so I can't really make a stance. As for ghosts - no, I don't believe in them.

I've had weird premonitions that I can't explain other than super weird coincidences or sub-conscious knowledge, but I don't really believe in anything super-natural(again, maybe not what we're talking about here).
what if its sub-natural?

With a plausible thesis, sure. Then again, I am still not sure what we mean with psychic phenomenons.
Telekinesis, Premonitions, ESP, Collective Consciousness, Mediumship, etc.

I believe that there are things that science has not fully explained in this topic. And given the body of occurrences, there is definitely something happening. Now if its ghost in the sense of a dead person in spirit form appearing to haunt/scare/kill/help you or perhaps ghost in the sense of something that is unknown or unusual, I don't know. I tend to be more conservative in those cases because there are far more likely explanations for things that happen and are not paranormal than things that are unexplainable. I do however think there are some things that are unexplainable.

I would like to say that I want to believe, but I don't trust a lot of the science in this field. To many variables. Very hard to do good science in this field unfortunately....

With a plausible thesis, sure. Then again, I am still not sure what we mean with psychic phenomenons.

I don't know what you mean by "plausible thesis".

I believe that there are things that science has not fully explained in this topic. And given the body of occurrences, there is definitely something happening. Now if its ghost in the sense of a dead person in spirit form appearing to haunt/scare/kill/help you or perhaps ghost in the sense of something that is unknown or unusual, I don't know. I tend to be more conservative in those cases because there are far more likely explanations for things that happen and are not paranormal than things that are unexplainable. I do however think there are some things that are unexplainable.

I would like to say that I want to believe, but I don't trust a lot of the science in this field. To many variables. Very hard to do good science in this field unfortunately....
This site - http://noetic.org
Has many really great resources on paranormal and Psi related phenomena…very scientifically based.
Also the PEARS Lab at Princeton University (Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research) has great scientifically based research on collective consciousness…IMO they have proven it to be an absolutely 100% real phenomena. - http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

I don't 'believe in' them but to me they are real.

I don't say 'believe in' because that connotates the fairy-tale like qualities. If I have to believe in something then it already seems less real. But I know this stuff exists.

What are your feeling on the subjects?

Curiosity, regarding the psychic phenomenon itself. Varying levels of interest and chagrin towards practitioners and adherents to the new age movement, particularly those who are snake oil salesmen.

I don't discount the possibility of psychic phenomenon--we as humans are limited in our perception and certain frequencies are closed to our senses--- or that there are people who are more sensitive to these energies, but I largely look upon the majority of new age movement and all the narrative about ghosts and otherworldly beings they describe with immense skepticism, particularly any part of it that draws people into an escapist fantasy. Separating the genuine accounts from those given by people out to lunch is a slippery slope.

With other worldly beings? No. Have I had some interesting, highly intuitive and psychic moments? Yes.

Last edited:
So I have a very strong belief in both ghosts and psychic phenomena as I feel that I have experienced both.
And from my reading as much as I can on the subjects both in books and online, there seems to be quite a bit of evidence supporting their existence.
(See my thread Merkabah - http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27025 )
From what I have read and learned, it seems that any real evidence is ignored because it is basically career suicide to be associated with the paranormal or Psi studies because of taboos in the scientific community.

What are your feelings on the subjects?

I believe both of the above are real. I've experienced too much to doubt it anymore. I used to be secretive about these experiences because I feared that I would be labeled as a freak amognst other things if people found out. Of course, things can just happen,almost beyond control. Examples include finishing your professors' sentences under your breath, causing it to immediately stop raining and the sun to come out one morning,altering wind patterns,speeds,directions, seeing the spirit of the cadaver in the anatomy lab,seeing auras and energy,diagnosing two of my friends with different cancers two weeks before their oncologists picked then up. I've had many many experiences, each with their own lessons attatched to them.

What's beautiful is the fact that instead of being shunned as I feared years ago, I'm surrounded by ao much open mindedness about all of this. It has peaked many of my students' and professors' interests, and I have gotten requests for healings and readings. Even better, they ask questions and want to dive deeper and have and share their own experiences. I have watched them become more mindful, aware, and at peace. I've seen their grades rise because they aren't operating in flight or fight mode when they sit exams.

I think the icing on the cake though, was this past sunday in church when my pastor was talking about mystical experiences and asked the congregation who had had a mystical religious experience before,and I bravely rose my hand,as did a few others around me,and he didn't bat an eyelash :)

Reactions: Skarekrow and Kgal
What do you call seeing something others don't see? Perception?
images

Last edited:
I don't believe in ghosts or any horror/thriller type movie stuff. I do believe in demons and angels (I'm a very conservative Christian) and though I'm not positive that they interact in our physical world, I lean towards saying yes. I have had one experience when I said a "dark" word and while my friend and I sat in a dark room at night we both felt some kind of evil come over the room. I don't know if it was real or not, but it made my blood run cold. That's really my only experience.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This site - http://noetic.org
Has many really great resources on paranormal and Psi related phenomena…very scientifically based.
Also the PEARS Lab at Princeton University (Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research) has great scientifically based research on collective consciousness…IMO they have proven it to be an absolutely 100% real phenomena. - http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

Ahh....the Institute of Noetic Science. I've respected Dean Radin for years and years.

So have you ever used the Pendulum method for knowledge by asking yes or no questions?

So why would you want to use a pendulum? A simple pendulum is a very ordinary little device. What you are doing is communicating with your higher self, and accessing Divine Guidance when you do it. You do not need to have any sort of spiritual experience to do this, as it will work for you regardless.

One of the reasons that you might choose to regularly use a pendulum, is that every time you develop another gift that you can use to communicate with spirit, your overall vibration gets higher. As this happens, the overall level of gifts that you have become higher and therefore they are easier to use. This is also a tool that you can utilize to aid you in making decisions about healing.
A pendulum basically is made up of a reasonably long chain, around 6-8 inches... with a weight on the end.You might like to buy yourself a proper pendulum... and they come in a variety of stone types. You can do this straight away, or wait until you have become proficient at using it. http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/using-a-pendulum.html

I've begun using one in the last several months and last week had a really unusual experience. I always begin with asking Archangel Michael to be present with me to help provide clarity and guidance. Then I ask for my guides and higher self to be with my. Finally I ask that only guidance for my highest good be given. After it answered my question I felt love all around me...and I told them thank you and that I loved them. When I said that - the pendulum began to move in a small circle again. It always does that before answering and stopping. Since I hadn't asked it a question I became curious and asked out loud "do you love me"...and the pendulum began to move in ever widening circles. Mind you I am holding my arms in locked positions with the elbows pointing straight out so I can see if I'm moving my arms. Nope. Not moving. My eyes widened in amazement as the circles kept edging outward. Then I giggled....because a translucent opaque purple haze began to coalesce within the circle being described by the pendent.I watched this for a few rotations....then laughed out loud. The purple turned to translucent gold and a sphere began to form within the diameter of the circle. A ball of energy was floating there...
I stared in amazement until finally my arms began to hurt and I told them I had to stop.

Is this an example of what you're talking about?
That was not evidence of ghosts. It was an exercise developed for me by my guides. Total love was flowing in and through me. :love:

I believe both of the above are real. I've experienced too much to doubt it anymore. I used to be secretive about these experiences because I feared that I would be labeled as a freak amognst other things if people found out. Of course, things can just happen,almost beyond control. Examples include finishing your professors' sentences under your breath, causing it to immediately stop raining and the sun to come out one morning,altering wind patterns,speeds,directions, seeing the spirit of the cadaver in the anatomy lab,seeing auras and energy,diagnosing two of my friends with different cancers two weeks before their oncologists picked then up. I've had many many experiences, each with their own lessons attatched to them.

What's beautiful is the fact that instead of being shunned as I feared years ago, I'm surrounded by ao much open mindedness about all of this. It has peaked many of my students' and professors' interests, and I have gotten requests for healings and readings. Even better, they ask questions and want to dive deeper and have and share their own experiences. I have watched them become more mindful, aware, and at peace. I've seen their grades rise because they aren't operating in flight or fight mode when they sit exams.

I think the icing on the cake though, was this past sunday in church when my pastor was talking about mystical experiences and asked the congregation who had had a mystical religious experience before,and I bravely rose my hand,as did a few others around me,and he didn't bat an eyelash :)

Magnificent! :hug:

I dont believe in conscious spirits of people who have lived and died. I do believe there are things out there that appear to be that though. I think part of the issue is with the definition of ghost.

I have said this before though. :)

The fact that people tend to think of any kind of "real evidence" as something scientific is quite ironic. The "taboos" of the scientific community were simply implemented to destroy as much countering opinions as possible, including religion. What is ironic about this is that SCIENCE IN ITSELF IS A RELIGION. Like all the faiths of the world, it is just another, more modern medium with which humanity attempts to describe the world. Just because science can be backed up by a series of mathematical equations doesn't mean it is more reliable than the whims of a deity.

Human beings are imperfect. So whoever is seeking for a "rational" explanation of the inexplicable (your ghosts, his phobia, their hallucinations) is really just wallowing in a sea of subjectivity. Even the word "rational" was conceived by a mind striving to describe.

We all know the limitations of language, even music (though it does seem to be the most accurate in conveying emotions). Such is the case with religion, to which science also belongs. Call it crazy, but no one in their right mind can rightfully give a brainchild of humanity the final word. Not religion. Not science. Because like its creators, it has its exceptions. And its faults. By believing in either one of these, we are not getting closer to the eradication of ignorance. We are simply creating FABRICATED REALITIES for ourselves. I warned you. Don't come running to me when Einstein's theory of relativity is crushed by yet another "breakthrough discovery." Seriously, people. Don't get ahead of yourselves. Stop weaving your own spider web wherein you will one day get caught in yourself.

Now as for my opinion of the supernatural. To me, it is a figment of the human mind, as well as a display of our imagination. Like religion (and science, if you still want to separate it), ghosts and psychic phenomena are a showdown of our subconscious creating a sub-reality. Call it daydreaming, hallucinating, prophesizing- or refer to it as something tangible. (Honestly, the imagination and the tangible are really not that far removed. For example, it takes a simple motion of the lips to create the argument we had imagined would play out).

Such things are especially prominent with things that we fear. It takes a simple exaggeration of the mind to give an almost tangible substance to our bad dreams, guilt, or to the spirits of the dead. "I think, therefore I am." Our thoughts our more powerful than you'd think. If you imagine, you can also create.

I don't believe in ghosts. But I believe in energy and atmosphere. Our thoughts/ brains emanate an electric/thermal energy that could sometimes result as interpreted acts of telekinesis, for example. Me and my peers have busted a couple of light bulbs in the heat of an argument without ever touching them.

Nothing is rational, because the term in itself is subjective. However, though I cannot say that I believe in tangible ghosts or phenomena, there is an energy- specifically that of the brain- that is sometimes capable of creating realities larger than life. Maybe it's a protective measure, a means of expression that, if withheld, would be destructive to our thought processes. In any case, it is given power in moments of intense emotional trauma.

Let me help you understand science.

[video=youtube;K85W3JeOUPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K85W3JeOUPs[/video]

[video=youtube;BdyejgDPM9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdyejgDPM9M[/video]

I don’t believe in ghosts but I do believe in demonic activity and that spirits can take on different forms. The bible says that even “Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.”(2 Corinthians 11:14-15).

Jesus spoke of the devil as a real being, “He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”(John 8:44).

I’ve experienced spiritual activity in my own life (not pleasant) and witnessed it (another eye opening event) and now I stay well clear of it unless it crosses my path!

I can understand why the science community would be reluctant to endorse anything of a psychic phenomena - it’s almost virtually impossible to test or reproduce in a lab.

Science seeks to understand that which is within the physical realm and doesn’t have the capability to explain supernatural phenomenon.

Definition of “supernatural” - (Of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature:a supernatural being