[INFJ] - Do Sensors make sense? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Do Sensors make sense?

They're predicable. In a sense, I prefer that than having to deal with someone's Ni or Ne getting in the way. On the other hand, having to explain things in meticulous detail drives me up a freakin' wall half the time! Then you get those extroverted, feeling sensor types that always seem to break down into tears and put the entire world on hold at any and every little thing that goes on around them....

As for the tangent everyone else has taken... people usually fall into 3 categories - people I like, the ones I don't and those who are neutral. Afterwards I usually end up thinking about it and figuring out what MBTI they may end up being, but it's not like I go around thinking, "He's a sensor! Sensor alert! Banish him to the asshole bin!". And it's not like any one type fits into one category every time.

Reactions: barbad0s
Well, I guess the first thing that comes to mind is what a waste of my time it was for me to try to explain myself earlier. I hope it wasn't entirely unnecessary. Good luck, mate.

Really I was joking.
I'm tired.

They're predicable. In a sense, I prefer that than having to deal with someone's Ni or Ne getting in the way. On the other hand, having to explain things in meticulous detail drives me up a freakin' wall half the time! Then you get those extroverted, feeling sensor types that always seem to break down into tears and put the entire world on hold at any and every little thing that goes on around them....

As for the tangent everyone else has taken... people usually fall into 3 categories - people I like, the ones I don't and those who are neutral. Afterwards I usually end up thinking about it and figuring out what MBTI they may end up being, but it's not like I go around thinking, "He's a sensor! Sensor alert! Banish him to the asshole bin!". And it's not like any one type fits into one category every time.

I am learning I don't get to the point in my conversations fast enough.
I have actually always been this way.
I had gotten better, but I have more people around me now that engage me, which tends to make me worse.

There were times when I was able to speak more directly; I still need to be direct, and honestly when things aren't going well I get very short and have less to say.

But I notice different people react differently, and even when I'm short and to the point I still get the glassy eye look. I can't afford to lose confidence in others understanding. And I can't afford to lose confidence in my understanding them.

I thought I learned a lot about myself using MBTI. I was provoking when I originally posted this thread, but didn't expect it to go the way it did. I am sincere in trying to get answers. And I'm not sure that everyone that is short for words and doesn't understand my ramblings is an S. I think it's unlikely to categorize people that way. But I think there are things you can say about INFJ that I have in common with most others that type that way.

My hope was a response like sensors like it when you say X. And that brings it together for them. Something to try and experiment with. Kinda like I imagine a sensor would ask how do you communicate with and "N"

Getting past the whole I communicate with people as people thing. That's a given. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Just imagine the summary/question at the end of your statement and skip to that.

The way you're phrasing your question, while succinct, does make the question sound...terribly offensive, not to mention painting with broad strokes. :|
It's hard to answer with anything that doesn't put an entire group into scrutiny.

For we all don't make sense in our tiny little ways.

I am learning I don't get to the point in my conversations fast enough.
I have actually always been this way.
I had gotten better, but I have more people around me now that engage me, which tends to make me worse.

There were times when I was able to speak more directly; I still need to be direct, and honestly when things aren't going well I get very short and have less to say.

But I notice different people react differently, and even when I'm short and to the point I still get the glassy eye look. I can't afford to lose confidence in others understanding. And I can't afford to lose confidence in my understanding them.

I thought I learned a lot about myself using MBTI. I was provoking when I originally posted this thread, but didn't expect it to go the way it did. I am sincere in trying to get answers. And I'm not sure that everyone that is short for words and doesn't understand my ramblings is an S. I think it's unlikely to categorize people that way. But I think there are things you can say about INFJ that I have in common with most others that type that way.

My hope was a response like sensors like it when you say X. And that brings it together for them. Something to try and experiment with. Kinda like I imagine a sensor would ask how do you communicate with and "N"

Getting past the whole I communicate with people as people thing. That's a given. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Just imagine it as holding each conversation like a Jeopardy question - answer first, followed by the 4 word question, no embellishment, no poetic license or anything else added. On the other hand, a Sensor type who is a friend might actually like being around you because you do add those things...

[MENTION=5219]Rferraris[/MENTION]

It sounds like you know someone who has poorly developed intuition capabilities, their stupidity lies in the fact that they have poorly developed intuition and it isn't so much related to them being a sensor. A smart sensor is capable of having better intuition than a stupid intuitive.

I think sensors make perfect sense to me. However, I'm sure I do not make sense to them.

I think sensors make perfect sense to me. However, I'm sure I do not make sense to them.
Why do you think you don't make sense to them? Are N's irrational or something?

Reactions: Jill Hives
No, not at all. I just feel like I can be misunderstood by sensors sometimes; that's all.

My apologies, in hindsight, my statement sounds kind of condescending, which is not what I meant.

Try taking a look at cognitive functions behind the types:

INFJ's functions are Ni,Fe,Ti,Se

This means that INFJ will understand those types better who also use these functions.

Then if you take a look at all the S-types, you will see that ESTP, ISTP, ESFP, ISFP, ESFP share some of those functions with INFJ. Types that have no functions in common are ESTJ and ISTJ. xSTJs value Si,Te,Ne,Fi - so not a single function in common. Therefore INFJs are likely to have most communication problems with these two types, as many INFJs report having issues with the ESTJs. In socionics INFJ-ESTJ (IEI-LSE) relationship is called relations of conflict.
[MENTION=5673]Lexika[/MENTION] This is very useful. Thank you

it's called flow of conscience writing, when you just pour out whatever comes into your mind ... freely, spontaneously, sincerely ... without any formalities or punctuation or worrying about what others might think of it ... it's the most honest form of expression

I think I picked that up in NA.

I think you need to remember that of course people will misunderstand others' writing on a forum, b/c (as I watched on a documentary) it is said that about 95% of our communication is nonverbal. All we have are these dumb emoticons, but it is never enough. There are people who understand nonverbal communication very well irl, to me this means more than the words coming out of their mouths.

If you were to write on a forum including your nonverbal communication ... it would look like a screenplay. :D

Sriracha: (pats Rferraris on the upper arm, looks into eyes and smiles) We do make sense.