Discerning The Spirits | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Discerning The Spirits

Alright guys, we all have rather differing views on this matter. When we disagree, we do not have to delete several of our posts, breaking up the continuity of threads. Not everyone is going to believe that god(s) have anything to do with spirits. Not everyone is going to believe that drugs have anything to do with it. For people who firmly believe in one, or the other, the opposing viewpoint is going to seem ridiculous. That's fine. Just try to keep it civil.

I am, for example, personally skeptical about all of this. I am open-minded, but always a skeptic. That's fine too. We are allowed to have our own beliefs. People with differing views are allowed to post here.

74cf8a6e69b84587916d67d3ef1cf074.jpg

Picture with an explanation: This is written in the Bible. It is closer to what we call "meat" than what we call "milk". In other words, better understanding this in God's Word, pertaining to God, comes with time and studying. Reading the instructions(Bible) helps to put it all together. Milk is for the more new Christian or believer, while meat is for those with more understanding of the scriptures. This clearly mentions the Spirit of God, and does not pertain to any other type or types of spirit(s). This is for the Christian, or those learning Christianity, and pertains to Godliness.
It clearly compares the carnal mind and the spiritual(Godly) mind.

1 Corinthians 3King James Version (KJV)
3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I feel there is a certain mindset, or way of acting and thinking, that would classify someone as spiritually minded.....or carnally minded.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I feel there is a certain mindset, or way of acting and thinking, that would classify someone as spiritually minded.....or carnally minded.

Out of curiosity, what is being said here? That you determine one's level of spirituality based on one's behavior?

"Where a weak head doubts concerning any word of Christ, an upright heart and a willing mind seek for instruction."

"There is no sin in word or deed, which was not first in the heart. They all come out of the man, and are fruits of that wickedness which is in the heart, and is wrought there."

"Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life."

"For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

In contrast, the Fruit of the Spirit is holy and will be evident in the life of a true prophet.

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."

Last edited:
Alright guys, we all have rather differing views on this matter. When we disagree, we do not have to delete several of our posts, breaking up the continuity of threads. Not everyone is going to believe that god(s) have anything to do with spirits. Not everyone is going to believe that drugs have anything to do with it. For people who firmly believe in one, or the other, the opposing viewpoint is going to seem ridiculous. That's fine. Just try to keep it civil.

I am, for example, personally skeptical about all of this. I am open-minded, but always a skeptic. That's fine too. We are allowed to have our own beliefs. People with differing views are allowed to post here.

I never advocated the recreational use of any drugs just for the record, go back and read what I wrote.
Tried to be helpful, but was instead insulted and ignored because my beliefs don’t match his.
The OP is very vague...if he only wanted a specific group responding then he should specify that instead of discounting someone.
Like it or not, I still pray for you @just me
Goodnight.

Out of curiosity, what is being said here? That you determine one's level of spirituality based on one's behavior?

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."

I understand it personally to be concerning growth, not actions or behavior. Growth will allow us to look at things differently. It is spiritual growth in God that allows this to happen: "He that is joined unto the Lord is One Spirit."
Also, " Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

"This is most clear testimony, both to the real Godhead and the distinct person of the Holy Spirit. The apostles were not guided by worldly principles. They had the revelation of these things from the Spirit of God, and the saving impression of them from the same Spirit. These things they declared in plain, simple language, taught by the Holy Spirit, totally different from the affected oratory or enticing words of man's wisdom. The natural man, the wise man of the world that knows not God, receives not the things of the Spirit of God."

"The carnal man is a stranger to the principles, and pleasures, and actings of the Divine life. The spiritual man only, is the person to whom God gives the knowledge of his will. How little have any known of the mind of God by natural power! And the apostles were enabled by his Spirit to make known his mind. In the Holy Scriptures, the mind of Christ, and the mind of God in Christ, are fully made known to us. It is the great privilege of Christians, that they have the mind of Christ revealed to them by his Spirit. They experience his sanctifying power in their hearts, and bring forth good fruits in their lives."

I understand it personally to be concerning growth, not actions or behavior. Growth will allow us to look at things differently. It is spiritual growth in God that allows this to happen: "He that is joined unto the Lord is One Spirit."

This is what I was looking for. I read your last post as meaning it is one or the other, instead of the process of spiritual growth.

Backing up for a moment, what do each of you feel or think at a cemetery, have you ever had an experience or are all visits the same? Talking about one where at least one loved one stays, have you ever bought a lot for you and yours and pondered life while looking at it?

Thanks mom

The things we could do, if only we knew.