difficulty of expression and cognitive processes | INFJ Forum

difficulty of expression and cognitive processes

Shatha

Aug 26, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Hi...

Is there a link between the difficulty of expression and cognitive processes?

For example, sometimes I feel that I want to write a something but I do not know what exactly is it.
I take a pen and paper, and instead of I writing see that I turned the page for forms or signatures or write a and then wipe and write something else may not it be relevant with what previously I write it.

Do you come such a situation with you?
What is your opinion caused by?

Thank everyone...

Hi...

Is there a link between the difficulty of expression and cognitive processes?

For example, sometimes I feel that I want to write a something but I do not know what exactly is it.
I take a pen and paper, and instead of I writing see that I turned the page for forms or signatures or write a and then wipe and write something else may not it be relevant with what previously I write it.

Do you come such a situation with you?
What is your opinion caused by?

Thank everyone...

Hi Shatha. Sometimes I do the same thing when I write. That actually happened to me a few nights ago when I was writing something. I simply wanted to portray how alone I felt and how much despair I had. But instead it turned towards death and a wierd sense of rebirth. I just rolled with it and it ended up working. This is the poem I wrote in that process:

I have been left all alone
like a child without a home
My journey, it has been set
In a life so quick to forget
So here I walk in pain
I wander aimlessly again
All the escapes disappear
I am locked inside of here.

Deprivation, all it takes away
Steals the sight from me
Robs my hands of pain
I do not exist, and it is OK
I desire nothing less
than to bask in full duress
I am so completely alone
Beeps fade to monotone

Mourn my loss and bury me
Close the grave so no one sees
Speak of memories that have past
As you wait to forget this all at last
Give a child a new clean canvas
As my memory fades to nothingness

Yeah, I can relate. I usually write from emotions, but emotions cannot always be put into words. Sometimes, I have to fish around for a while before I find the right phrasing and sentiment to communicate what I want to say.

Hi Shatha. Sometimes I do the same thing when I write. That actually happened to me a few nights ago when I was writing something. I simply wanted to portray how alone I felt and how much despair I had. But instead it turned towards death and a wierd sense of rebirth. I just rolled with it and it ended up working. This is the poem I wrote in that process:

I have been left all alone
like a child without a home
My journey, it has been set
In a life so quick to forget
So here I walk in pain
I wander aimlessly again
All the escapes disappear
I am locked inside of here.

Deprivation, all it takes away
Steals the sight from me
Robs my hands of pain
I do not exist, and it is OK
I desire nothing less
than to bask in full duress
I am so completely alone
Beeps fade to monotone

Mourn my loss and bury me
Close the grave so no one sees
Speak of memories that have past
As you wait to forget this all at last
Give a child a new clean canvas
As my memory fades to nothingness
You wrote something good in the end, but my end with nothing meaningful.

Thank you...

Yeah, I can relate. I usually write from emotions, but emotions cannot always be put into words. Sometimes, I have to fish around for a while before I find the right phrasing and sentiment to communicate what I want to say.
Yes, difficult to turned the emotions into the words.
my problem it's me do not like to say any something may be understood by others is not what I want.

Thank you...

Studied the expression I do not like, not I write it easily and even If I written it not be out exactly what I want even if everyone impressed it, it does not make me convinced.

I think that the expression is linked to a Ne it not high for me, what do you think?

Sorry, if I say what I mean is by the non-correct format.

I believe that there is a connection. I would be inclined to think that Ni, and Si would be the most hindering in expressing onesself. Because these processes are so internalized, and are very loose and fluid, on their own it is near impossible to get out the feelings and thoughts they cause. It can be done if they are filtered through Fe or Te, the problem is that this is a very slow process, and it takes alot of planning beforehand.

I should know, as my top four functions are Ni, then Si, then Fe, then Te. It takes me a very very long time (days week, even years) to get things out of me that I havent yet been able to put into a coherent thought. These functions would also put a damper on some emotions that could be expressed easily.

I believe that there is a connection. I would be inclined to think that Ni, and Si would be the most hindering in expressing onesself. Because these processes are so internalized, and are very loose and fluid, on their own it is near impossible to get out the feelings and thoughts they cause. It can be done if they are filtered through Fe or Te, the problem is that this is a very slow process, and it takes alot of planning beforehand.

I should know, as my top four functions are Ni, then Si, then Fe, then Te. It takes me a very very long time (days week, even years) to get things out of me that I havent yet been able to put into a coherent thought. These functions would also put a damper on some emotions that could be expressed easily.

Thank you...
your words is very logical.
yes, this what I mean Ne good in expressing oneself and it weak function to me, Ni not good.
Si, Ni introvert functions, the expression a have difficult.
Se, Ne social functions, the expression a have easier.

I think wrote the thread in the wrong place, probably the best if was in Psychology and MBTI. :rolleyes:

Thread has been moved, carry on :)

Depends on what kind of expression. I am not very expressive in front of new people. Sometimes I don't like it so i find other creative ways to express myself...mostly through dancing:m168:

My creative expression can be limiting, but my cognitive processes are NOT!

Depends on what kind of expression. I am not very expressive in front of new people. Sometimes I don't like it so i find other creative ways to express myself...mostly through dancing:m168:

My creative expression can be limiting, but my cognitive processes are NOT!
This is clear.
I guess that your function of high-Ne this what I felt from the way your reply.

I did mean to expression in the writing and speech, but you're right for expression so many ways.
However, I think that I not good on all expression ways.

Thank you...