Differences between men and women | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Differences between men and women

That doesn't explain why we're having this "discussion" (yes I used quotes)

If we were this simple, we wouldn't be talking about it, we'd be doing it.

We are doing it.

Life is a battle that no one want's to lose.

We are doing it.

Life is a battle that no one want's to lose.

Speak for yourself. I don't need to be here talking to you. Moreover survival and procreation is about the last thing on my mind. I've got more interesting things to do and if you'll excuse me I'll be doing them now.

Speak for yourself. I don't need to be here talking to you. Moreover survival and procreation is about the last thing on my mind. I've got more interesting things to do and if you'll excuse me I'll be doing them now.

And don't let anyone discourage you from indulging yourself.

I wonder if at the second the first animal in the line that led to humans became conscious and began thinking of itself as "me" everything didnt change. That at that time we became something different than your average animal. Not better, not worse. Just something more difficult to define than being able to say biological impulses is all that drive us.

Well, it is nice of you to think like that, but you are a minority.

Regarding deception:

"Women wish to attract high status men (plus reliability for long-term partners) and to achieve this they simply need to appear youthful, look attractive and behave selfishly. Women list significantly more traits in their demands; and place a strong emphasis on cues related to wealth and status. Women may also seek potential status in a man. If a man wishes to attain a mate of higher value than his status would normally allow, he first has to deceive a woman about his reliability in the future (and to do this effectively he has to deceive himself) and then maintain the illusion by actually hanging around in the early years of his children’s lives. Women simply do not understand that really what they are experiencing when they select a man to fall in love with, is that they are not so much ‘falling in love’ as ‘falling in respect’. They don’t seem to grasp that it is the various facets of male status that are their selecting criteria, and instead imagine that it is something to do with a chance stumbling on a Mr Right in terms of a constellation of personality factors with which they mysteriously gel (plus the ‘tall dark and handsome’ thing). You’ve seen the films when a man and a woman literally bump into each other in a corridor and one of them drops some books and the other helps to pick them up. And then they fall in love. It may not be reality, but it is a stylization of a dream romance (according to the woman). Women speak of certain men being ‘good in bed’, when in fact they are nothing of the sort, they are simply perceived as being of high status. The tragedy that the world is run by rich, arrogant, war-mongering and frequently good looking men (rather than those best equipped to do the job) is because women select for these characteristics. They spend their lives attempting to place themselves in the path of high status men, then complain when their high status partner (such as a trader in the city) doesn’t have time for them. Men who show consideration and give their time are implying that they need to do so, so are effectively signalling their low status. Ironically, despite being in complete control of the (largely predictable) dating game, women often have a poor grasp of what is actually going on."

Some very interesting perspectives (highlighted)

If our society 'respects' material success and if in our society material success is often gained through behaviours requiring a lack of empathy does this mean that psychopaths and those exhibiting psychopathic traits will be successful in reproducing creating future generations of good looking psychopaths because of their ability to lie and cheat their way to material success?

Also the idea that women are playing a massive part in that selection process would suggest that women need to take some responsilibity for how the world is and re-think what they culturally value

Some very interesting perspectives (highlighted)
"Women wish to attract high status men (plus reliability for long-term partners) and to achieve this they simply need to appear youthful, look attractive and behave selfishly. Women list significantly more traits in their demands; and place a strong emphasis on cues related to wealth and status. Women may also seek potential status in a man. If a man wishes to attain a mate of higher value than his status would normally allow, he first has to deceive a woman about his reliability in the future (and to do this effectively he has to deceive himself) and then maintain the illusion by actually hanging around in the early years of his children’s lives. Women simply do not understand that really what they are experiencing when they select a man to fall in love with, is that they are not so much ‘falling in love’ as ‘falling in respect’.
If our society 'respects' material success and if in our society material success is often gained through behaviours requiring a lack of empathy does this mean that psychopaths and those exhibiting psychopathic traits will be successful in reproducing creating future generations of good looking psychopaths because of their ability to lie and cheat their way to material success?

Also the idea that women are playing a massive part in that selection process would suggest that women need to take some responsilibity for how the world is and re-think what they culturally value

This is exactly what Feminists want unliberated women to believe.

This is exactly what Feminists want unliberated women to believe.

Does anyone feel optomistic for the future state of male/female relations over the next generation or so?

If many people in society aren't happy...why is that?

I mean we have food, we have shelter, clean water, we have cars, we have gadgets....so what's the problem?

do you [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] think that men and women would be happier with each other if we lived in a more tradition way, like say the way things were between men and woman in pre industrial times?

do you @muir think that men and women would be happier with each other if we lived in a more tradition way, like say the way things were between men and woman in pre industrial times?

I think men and women would be happier if women realised that the system is a giant con and that instead of trying to compete with men within that system they joined with men to change it

People would also be happier if women stopped using their bodies to sexualise our society (unless they actually start delivering on their suggestive behaviours)

You know what cat calling is? Its what geo-politics commentators would call 'blow back'

It's male blowback against the weaponisation of the female body

EDIT i've put this in the wrong thread lol this should be in the cat calling thread!

Absolutely..

Absolutely..

But it won't happen...because......rule number 1 with women: ''it's always the man's fault!''

We'd best not hold our breath, they're not done bashing men yet

Maybe in another say 5-10 years women might be ready to start looking at their own behaviours but i think there's some way to go still with the collective man-bashing by the sisterhood

They have to burn themselves out first and that's gonna take another generation i think before they realise they are shooting themselves in the foot (ie when they reach middle age and still haven't found happiness despite having ticked all the boxes they thought you had to tick to be a successful modern woman...meanwhile their daughters will look at them and resolve to do things differently)

Unfortunately our generation is catching the full brunt of it

But it won't happen...because......rule number 1 with women: ''it's always the man's fault!''

We'd best not hold our breath, they're not done bashing men yet

Maybe in another say 5-10 years women might be ready to start looking at their own behaviours but i think there's some way to go still with the collective man-bashing by the sisterhood

They have to burn themselves out first and that's gonna take another generation i think before they realise they are shooting themselves in the foot (ie when they reach middle age and still haven't found happiness...meanwhile their daughters look at them and resolve to do things differently)

Unfortunately our generation is catching the full brunt of it

You might want to start by looking at your behaviour. You are being very hypocritical as I haven't seen any woman on this thread bashing men but I've seen you in particular and of course Hector bashing women (and in his case men as well). There's been lots of women on here commenting and none of them have said that men are 'all this' or 'all that'. They have been trying to have a balanced conversation and you keep saying things like 'women say it's all the men's fault' when no one has said that but you have made comments like this which seems like you are saying it's all women's fault. You keep accusing women of doing what you are doing. I'm not a big fan of Freud but I would think that his concept of Projection might apply to you.

You might want to start by looking at your behaviour. You are being very hypocritical as I haven't seen any woman on this thread bashing men but I've seen you in particular and of course Hector bashing women (and in his case men as well). There's been lots of women on here commenting and none of them have said that men are 'all this' or 'all that'. They have been trying to have a balanced conversation and you keep saying things like 'women say it's all the men's fault' when no one has said that but you have made comments like this which seems like you are saying it's all women's fault. You keep accusing women of doing what you are doing. I'm not a big fan of Freud but I would think that his concept of Projection might apply to you.

You should cast your view wider then to parallel discussions on the forum

For example one about cat calling (aimed solely at a male behaviour but with no mention of why that might be happening)

You should cast your view wider then to parallel discussions on the forum

For example one about cat calling (aimed solely at a male behaviour but with no mention of why that might be happening)

I've read what you said on there and I would suggest that you have a much more negative and accusatory attitude towards women than any of the women that have posted in these threads have towards men. Please point out where anyone has said it is all men's fault? I can point out several places where you and others have said that it's all women's fault. Objectivity and balance are not your strengths.

I've read what you said on there and I would suggest that you have a much more negative and accusatory attitude towards women than any of the women that have posted in these threads have towards men. Please point out where anyone has said it is all men's fault? I can point out several places where you and others have said that it's all women's fault. Objectivity and balance are not your strengths.

The thread itself is looking at a male behaviour towards women so EVERY SINGLE POST is speaking about the effect without looking at the cause (why men are doing it)

I stepped in and balanced that out

The thread itself is looking at a male behaviour towards women so EVERY SINGLE POST is speaking about the effect without looking at the cause (why men are doing it)

I stepped in and balanced that out

Pointing out that some men's behaviour is inappropriate and makes many women uncomfortable is not blaming all men or grouping all as being the same. Most men I know would never do that. I'm not sure why you feel so attacked when a woman points out that some men do things that are unappreciated. If you would complain about some women's behaviour being unproductive and unhealthy I would support you on that but you claim that ALL women are a certain way and you are 100% wrong on that. I would never defend everything that women do as right or claim everything that men do is wrong or that each group is unanimous in anything because I know better.

Problem is, if you get into a "fight" (verbal of course) with a woman then immediately all women and men will jump to the rescue and insinuate that you don't like women in general or whatever (even though perhaps it is only that woman in particular that you don't like).

In a woman's case a guy she is fighting with is always a jerk and no one will imply that she is "projecting" onto that moron.

Problem is, if you get into a "fight" (verbal of course) with a woman then immediately all women and men will jump to the rescue and insinuate that you don't like women in general or whatever (even though perhaps it is only that woman in particular that you don't like).

In a woman's case a guy she is fighting with is always a jerk and no one will imply that she is "projecting" onto that moron.

[video=youtube;LlFAd4YdQks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks[/video]