[INFJ] - Differences between individual INFJ's | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Differences between individual INFJ's

I think skarekrow might have cracked it.....INFJ's at different stages of their development can appear different in some ways

eg more or less developed Ti and Se

I think in order to fully know, we'd have to understand what life was like for the INFJ at a very young age where toddlers start learning the most - around age 3 and up. Family and socio economic upbringing probably have huge factors too even if the INFJ may not have these people in their life in the present. What I really dislike about MBTI and enneagram is the fact they ask technical questions rather than ask questions about our choices from a very young age. It'd make sense to target memories and choices made from those early memories...

That's for you to figure out :)

As long as I'm not changing the definition of INFJ, thus hurting "true INFJ's", I will keep the label for as long as I find it being true for myself.

Skarekrow, I will take a look at the link tomorrow. Got to get to bed. Zzzzzz.

As long as I'm not changing the definition of INFJ, thus hurting "true INFJ's", I will keep the label for as long as I find it being true for myself.

@Skarekrow, I will take a look at the link tomorrow. Got to get to bed. Zzzzzz.

Instead of banging a square peg into a round hole sometimes it is better just using a round peg

I think skarekrow might have cracked it.....INFJ's at different stages of their development can appear different in some ways

eg more or less developed Ti and Se
I thought that was what I already had figured out ;)
I think in order to fully know, we'd have to understand what life was like for the INFJ at a very young age where toddlers start learning the most - around age 3 and up. Family and socio economic upbringing probably have huge factors too even if the INFJ may not have these people in their life in the present. What I really dislike about MBTI and enneagram is the fact they ask technical questions rather than ask questions about our choices from a very young age. It'd make sense to target memories and choices made from those early memories...
Interesting! So how was you as a child? - that might be an interesting question.

And now... sleep. (it's late here in Sweden)

Instead of banging a square peg into a round hole sometimes it is better just using a round peg

Taking the lable of an other type would be "banging" that square for me, I feel.

Reactions: Skarekrow
So INFJ's don't earn things the hard way with accomplishment and honour?

You're right you don't understand INFJ's

Keep trying, but no cigar

It actually might be an admirable trait I was mentioning. If you would only perceive the negation of an inadmirable trait as such. I often times feel rushed entering into things when I can't clearly see the incentives and INFJ don't seem to be burdened by such limitations.

But by all means be a total ham about it! You know I'm right. :p

Reactions: Skarekrow
It actually might be an admirable trait I was mentioning. If you would only perceive the negation of an inadmirable trait as such. I often times feel rushed entering into things when I can't clearly see the incentives and INFJ don't seem to be burdened by such limitations.

But by all means be a total ham about it! You know I'm right. :p

No you're really not

No you're really not

Lol best comeback ever! :)

[MENTION=13285]Oscillation[/MENTION] I noticed an INTP friend of yours [MENTION=12210]nosferatu[/MENTION] demonstrating a similar example. "I break things and then put them back together so they work better. Then I keep doing that over and over."

And I found this: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/09/14/the-bushido-code-the-eight-virtues-of-the-samurai/ so hopefully understanding Bushido will help me understand INFJ or at the very least teach me how to stab muir when he's not looking... wait that's ninja not samurai damn it! :(

Last edited:
[MENTION=13285]Oscillation[/MENTION] I noticed an INTP friend of yours [MENTION=12210]nosferatu[/MENTION] demonstrating a similar example. "I break things and then put them back together so they work better. Then I keep doing that over and over."
Hmm. I will look into this matter...
I'll confess I feel a little confused after being questioned, and that might be somewhat more of a trait that belongs to an INTP (questioning your own beliefe, right?), but then again... I know there are a lot of things in the INTP-description I do not identify with. Although there also are a few things I do not identify with INFJ. So it's a question about letting the "few" win over the "many", since these few traits not matching with me being an INFJ might be the very core of being an INFJ. How can I tell?

And it's not helping that there are a lot if websites saying the opposites of eachother about particular traits of both INFJ and INTP. I'm confused.

Either I'm an INFJ that has a higly developed Ti, or I'm an INTP that's not caring much for sentimentality or traditions (Si) and still being overly aware of Fe, caring for others in every decision I make.

So I will take a look into it.
MBTI-types aside, I get to learn a great deal about myself either way, even though I might find out that I'm not in INFJ. If it ends up with that, I'm cincerily sorry for making that assumption, being a fraud.

Either I'm an INFJ that has a highly developed Ti, or I'm an INTP that's not caring much for sentimentality or traditions (Si) and still being overly aware of Fe, caring for others in every decision I make.

Entirely not the point I was trying to make. :( Besides INTP has tertiary Si which is a very common function among SJ Guardian types well known for being traditional in nature. I suppose it might have something to do with how I often rely on standards, common baselines, and benchmarks for a lot of my thinking.

I find that directly involving one's self in the caring for others in every decision you make is clearly a sign of Ni rather than Ne. I like to consider how that could change the following quote: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Entirely not the point I was trying to make. :( Besides INTP has tertiary Si which is a very common function among SJ Guardian types well known for being traditional in nature. I suppose it might have something to do with how I often rely on standards, common baselines, and benchmarks for a lot of my thinking.

I find that directly involving one's self in the caring for others in every decision you make is clearly a sign of Ni rather than Ne. I like to consider how that could change the following quote: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Thank you, Dohavior! :D
You bring my mind at ease.
(Also, I just tested as an INFJ once again...)

Lol best comeback ever! :)

@Oscillation I noticed an INTP friend of yours @nosferatu demonstrating a similar example. "I break things and then put them back together so they work better. Then I keep doing that over and over."

And I found this: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/09/14/the-bushido-code-the-eight-virtues-of-the-samurai/ so hopefully understanding Bushido will help me understand INFJ or at the very least teach me how to stab muir when he's not looking... wait that's ninja not samurai damn it! :(

strike me down and i will return stronger than you can ever imagine

If you are saying that INFJ's don't earn things I am saying you are mistaken; a lot of things are hard won for INFJ's

strike me down and i will return stronger than you can ever imagine

If you are saying that INFJ's don't earn things I am saying you are mistaken; a lot of things are hard won for INFJ's

That's why I have got to swipe your magical slippers:
indoor-slipper-for-lovers-thermal-slipper.jpg

All I'm saying is INFJ are notorious for jumping to conclusions like you are doing right now. I think INFJ are great for gathering reconnaissance because of that fact, which explains how they are so good at giving advice. But here you go you earned a smiley ":)" wait nope two smiley "*</:p" and a half "(^_|" that's a lot of head right there lol.

Last edited:
I'm brand new on this forum so I daresay my INFJness will be in question [emoji6] but I'm feeling chatty today so I will weigh in with my humble opinion -

I know currently, or have known, 8 people who claim to be INFJ, myself included. 3 male, 5 female. Since we're supposed to be so rare it's surprising to know so many! Two of the girls I believe are mistyping themselves. One is ENFJ and the other ISFJ, in my opinion, not that they will believe me, but their mistyping isn't harming me so I let them get on with it.

Of the rest of us I see the differences falling like this - infj male who will wring all the energy he has out of himself because he doesn't want to miss out on exchanging ideas with people. Very interested in discussing ideas and analysing people. Infj female who has a high capacity for socialization and will fight to achieve what she wants in her creative career. Infj female with narcissistic personality disorder who seems to be able to inspire devotion from certain people even though they often got burnt by her emotional outbursts. Infj male who's finally found out why he's different to 'normal' men and that that's OK. It's done his confidence good.

Then there's me. Striving constantly for balance.

The common line I would draw through all the people I believe are correctly typed is complexity. But the differences lie in their capacity for social connections and the strength of their f/T as to tendency to show or hide their inner passion. Unless the ISFJ is an infj, in which case there would be an added variable of strength of Ni.

Just my opinion.

I expect I will kill this thread. Thread killing seems to be my superpower [emoji16]

I'm brand new on this forum so I daresay my INFJness will be in question [emoji6] but I'm feeling chatty today so I will weigh in with my humble opinion -

I know currently, or have known, 8 people who claim to be INFJ, myself included. 3 male, 5 female. Since we're supposed to be so rare it's surprising to know so many! Two of the girls I believe are mistyping themselves. One is ENFJ and the other ISFJ, in my opinion, not that they will believe me, but their mistyping isn't harming me so I let them get on with it.

Of the rest of us I see the differences falling like this - infj male who will wring all the energy he has out of himself because he doesn't want to miss out on exchanging ideas with people. Very interested in discussing ideas and analysing people. Infj female who has a high capacity for socialization and will fight to achieve what she wants in her creative career. Infj female with narcissistic personality disorder who seems to be able to inspire devotion from certain people even though they often got burnt by her emotional outbursts. Infj male who's finally found out why he's different to 'normal' men and that that's OK. It's done his confidence good.

Then there's me. Striving constantly for balance.

The common line I would draw through all the people I believe are correctly typed is complexity. But the differences lie in their capacity for social connections and the strength of their f/T as to tendency to show or hide their inner passion. Unless the ISFJ is an infj, in which case there would be an added variable of strength of Ni.

Just my opinion.

I expect I will kill this thread. Thread killing seems to be my superpower [emoji16]

Certainly you're not killing this thread ;)
Welcome!

I'm not entirely sure if I understood: what do you mean by "Unless the ISFJ is an infj, in which case there would be an added variable of strength of Ni"?
But overall I would consider to agree with your opinion that the differencess between individual INFJ's are their ability to socialize, hide/show their passions and so on. I myself tend to be generous about my inner world of ideas and visions, spreading them apart all around people in most of the companies I socialize with. But then I want to stress that I found out that I'm not socializing with other people but those I really know. This I found out these last couple of days.

So in other words: I might talk a lot of my Ni, showing trust, but only because every other "normal" person I don't ever meet. (I find it hard to put down in words in English, but hopefully you understand the whole picture of what I'm trying to say here).

That's why I have got to swipe your magical slippers:
indoor-slipper-for-lovers-thermal-slipper.jpg

All I'm saying is INFJ are notorious for jumping to conclusions like you are doing right now. I think INFJ are great for gathering reconnaissance because of that fact, which explains how they are so good at giving advice. But here you go you earned a smiley ":)" wait nope two smiley "*</:p" and a half "(^_|" that's a lot of head right there lol.

The slippers are just a prop...a way of speaking to the unconscious mind; the real magic lies within

Whats the problem with jumping to conclusions when the conclusions are right?

The slippers are just a prop...a way of speaking to the unconscious mind; the real magic lies within

Whats the problem with jumping to conclusions when the conclusions are right?

Oh I bet it lies within, I can smell it!

No problem at all in jumping to conclusions just might sprain an ankle what with all that jumping.

One is ENFJ and the other ISFJ, in my opinion, not that they will believe me, but their mistyping isn't harming me so I let them get on with it.

Don't ENFJ look like someone out of a fashion magazine?

Infj female with narcissistic personality disorder who seems to be able to inspire devotion from certain people even though they often got burnt by her emotional outbursts.

Lol I think you just described my mom. INFJ with children are like feral beasts.

You guys are kind for welcoming me. [emoji5]️

I'm a big old lurker when it comes to forums generally but what has pushed me to make the step to join in the conversation today has been this issue of variation with infjs and figuring out who is different and who is just mistyped.

What I meant @ossillation about the ISFJ being an infj, was in relation to my friend I referenced who I said was mistyped as infj, but actually was ISFJ. Her test results tend to indicate a borderline N but she isn't like other ISFJs I know who are solid SJs. So she may be somewhere just at the polar end of the infj spectrum to me.

I understand where you are coming from, you open up within your safe group of friends. But is it a big group and are they people you know well? I think my more social infj friends seem to have a wider circle of friends than me and more friends who are sensors. I open up to my closest friends who I know will understand me. They are infj, intj and intp.
[MENTION=9995]Dohavior[/MENTION] my ENFJ friend has a lot of style! But I find her predominantly ENFJ because of her strong self-reliance that what she thinks is best IS best and her drive to tell me and others. To me an infj would keep their opinions to themselves unless asked directly for advice and even then, for me anyway, have their mind so open to all the variables of the situation that they'd hesitate to lay down absolutes.