Difference between parental love and love | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Difference between parental love and love

Yes well initially its not really a concern but I think that it is developing into one. Lately I have noticed that the one whome I think I'm inlove with is getting at something :/ For example I often say something like: "You are going to be SOO PROUD OF ME" :m015: and he will say something like "haha like I'm your father?".

So I am really afraid that I am giving him the wrong impressions. Furthermore, this makes me really confused because I usually strive to make males 'proud' of me and succeed, and find love in that. :(

So what makes it so wrong to treat your lover like a child when something goes wrong? And in that case, what is the right way to go by?

You treat a lover / partner like an equal or how you would like to be treated when something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Yes well initially its not really a concern but I think that it is developing into one. Lately I have noticed that the one whome I think I'm inlove with is getting at something :/ For example I often say something like: "You are going to be SOO PROUD OF ME" :m015: and he will say something like "haha like I'm your father?".

So I am really afraid that I am giving him the wrong impressions. Furthermore, this makes me really confused because I usually strive to make males 'proud' of me and succeed, and find love in that. :(

I don't see anything wrong with wanting your SO to be proud of you. My husband and I will do things that make us proud of each other. Maybe the guy that reacts like that is the one with the complex.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
Some parents will love their children without rhyme or reason. Parental love is different from other kinds of love because you are charged with the children you have: for better or worse, you will play many roles in your child's life. I personally think parental love is different from many other types of love because parents take a vested interest in everything you do (usually from before day 1!)

I usually think of parental love as true love (though it may not be the case in all situations). I just find that parents can be more giving in relationships to their children. For me, unconditional love comes to mind. Parents are willing to sacrifice so much for their children's well being and happiness.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting your SO to be proud of you. My husband and I will do things that make us proud of each other. Maybe the guy that reacts like that is the one with the complex.

Haha I will definetly look out if there are more signs of a complex, because he has spoken about how harsch his father can be.

It makes me so glad to hear, I think its nice to make one another proud ^^ :)

Personally, if someone wanted to make me proud I would take it as a compliment. That, to me, means that I'm important enough to you that my opinion of you as a person matters that much. I dunno - maybe if you put it to him like that? Although, there are some guys (and girls) that get freaked when someone sounds that committed to them, as strange as that may be.

Personally, if someone wanted to make me proud I would take it as a compliment. That, to me, means that I'm important enough to you that my opinion of you as a person matters that much. I dunno - maybe if you put it to him like that? Although, there are some guys (and girls) that get freaked when someone sounds that committed to them, as strange as that may be.

That is exactly what I mean although I haven't been able to put it into words for him, because he does mean alot to me and I try to convey it to him through my behaviour somehow ^^. I have never looked upon it as scary haha, although it definetly explains some things xD I will definetly tell this to him, THANK YOU SO MUCH :hug: