deja vu | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

deja vu

[MENTION=3817]dream echo[/MENTION]

I suppose you should really be asking yourself if your brain could possibly be making up a memory of a dream as a coping mechanism to the discomfort of deja vu, or if you feel that discomfort due to the fear of your own ability to dream the future.

@dream echo

I suppose you should really be asking yourself if your brain could possibly be making up a memory of a dream as a coping mechanism to the discomfort of deja vu, or if you feel that discomfort due to the fear of your own ability to dream the future.

Oh wow....uh yeah, have thought about those possibilities a LOT. I don't want to be crazy, lol.

It's easier for me to deny what I know if I just say it was a dream and laugh it off, like aren't dreams silly, ha-ha.

I've done this to make other people more comfortable, too. Like being at someone's house for the first time, and excusing myself to go to the bathroom and them seeing that I know exactly where it is. I usually make up something about that I just guessed because I've been in other homes with similar floor plans or something. But I know where everything is cuz I have been there before, even though I have never been really. Creepy-spooky.

I guess most of these experiences stem from dreams....like dreams that echo into my reality...It makes me sound weird and makes other people think that I assume they're gullible enough to believe that, so I just rationalize it, and try to ignore it.

Very interesting point, [MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION]. I think I nearly crapped myself when I first read it, lol.

lol that's why I love this forum. I hope you and everyone else can feel free enough to share such things without fear of being judged too harshly, though a good bit of scrutiny is healthy. And I'm sure you've done plenty of that to yourself already.

lol that's why I love this forum. I hope you and everyone else can feel free enough to share such things without fear of being judged too harshly, though a good bit of scrutiny is healthy. And I'm sure you've done plenty of that to yourself already.

It never stops...

Must....act....normal....
LOL

Reactions: Wyote
Sorry for the short responces guys, I'm at work. I know I'm new here but I feel at ease here, like I'm talking to my own kind lol. I've never met another infj so its pretty nice. Do you think this deja vu interpretation is different from the other types?

I think in your case it's important to understand when these things occur. Like are there any similarities of circumstance or specific feelings/events that are similar when you have these experiences.

Also as I said before, Deja Vu is a very well cataloged event and has a certain feel to it which is pretty recognizable. It's a bit like biting your tongue you know, you'll feel very strongly about how the next thing will play out and then it does but you could not actually say out loud what was going to happen before it actually happens. If it's a precog event, you can articulate it with ample time; minutes, days, weeks or longer in advance. If it's a precog dream, it will sort of feel like you are just repeating the dream.

Okay...how about another story?

You get into a 4 door vehicle with three other people, all within nanoseconds of each other. The rhythm of the slamming doors makes you think of a particular song. You switch on the radio, and the next song after the commercial is the one you had just thought of.

So what would this example be defined as? Something precognitive? Synchronicity?

What's weirder than plain old deja vu is when you think you know what's coming next but it doesn't happen.