Death throes of liberal America. | Page 23 | INFJ Forum

Death throes of liberal America.

I think the only death throes we are witnessing here in the USA is that of the conservative movement which has been co-opted by morons led by a money laundering conspiracy pushing sexual deviant.
?
I think you have that backwards. To me it sounded like you described pretty much the whole of the Democratic party.

However the conservative party does need to change but certainly the reasons you mentioned are not nearly as previlant for them. They have other issues they must address if they want to remain relevant in the future. Unless we are going to continue this "Well at least we are not the Democrats who want to burn our country to the ground" as a winning strategy. It's going to take several years for all the kids coming out out of High school and College to shed all the years of liberal brain washing they have been subject to.

Typically, people who are college educated are able to see other POV and consider diverse perspectives. They learn how to research and find credible sources, how to question the validity of arguments and challenge their own preconceived notions; consider the world outside their bubble. If that happens to lead most educated people to lean toward liberalism, well, maybe that says more about the shortcomings of conservative ideology.

That's not to say there aren't intelligent and educated conservatives and liberal idiots, but the whole "college brainwashes our youth!" idea is bunk. College teaches critical thinking.
And now it is interesting to see the Republican disdain for education; especially higher education. Just look at their tax bill.

Maybe we are seeing the death throes of the Republican party, or it's transformation. I actually feel like moderate Republicans may have been the last bastion of hope for the US... But they are disappearing and being replaced with the alt-right Steve Bannon variety extremists. I think this verse in their favorite book is apt: "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" Maybe the national Republican party of yesteryear would never have tolerated Trump or Moore, but today they have sold out in a last act of desperation.

Last edited:
?
I think you have that backwards. To me it sounded like you described pretty much the whole of the Democratic party.

However the conservative party does need to change but certainly the reasons you mentioned are not nearly as previlant for them. They have other issues they must address if they want to remain relevant in the future. Unless we are going to continue this "Well at least we are not the Democrats who want to burn our country to the ground" as a winning strategy. It's going to take several years for all the kids coming out out of High school and College to shed all the years of liberal brain washing they have been subject to.

Typically, people who are college educated are able to see other POV and consider diverse perspectives. They learn how to research and find credible sources, how to question the validity of arguments and challenge their own preconceived notions; consider the world outside their bubble. If that happens to lead most educated people to learn toward liberalism, well, maybe that says more about the shortcomings of conservative ideology.

That's not to say there aren't intelligent and educated conservatives and liberal idiots, but the whole "college brainwashes our youth!" idea is bunk.
And now it is interesting to see the Republican disdain for education; especially higher education. Just look at their tax bill.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but there is a subset of liberal college students that just shut down anything they don't want to hear. Teaching students to question pre-conceived notions about what makes their country great or indeed whether or not their country is great is not brainwashing. It's teaching people how to think, not what to think. However there are people on the left who simply shut out any information that displeases them, this isn't the exclusive possession of college students or even liberals but it is a real issue when you have just completely shut out your opponents and won't hear their views at all. All of us who choose to participate in democracy must hear opinions that are distasteful and displeasing until the day we die. That is the price of liberty.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but there is a subset of liberal college students that just shut down anything they don't want to hear. Teaching students to question pre-conceived notions about what makes their country great or indeed whether or not their country is great is not brainwashing. It's teaching people how to think, not what to think. However there are people on the left who simply shut out any information that displeases them, this isn't the exclusive possession of college students or even liberals but it is a real issue when you have just completely shut out your opponents and won't hear their views at all. All of us who choose to participate in democracy must hear opinions that are distasteful and displeasing until the day we die. That is the price of liberty.
Nice post and I agree with most of it. But to say there's not specific liberal bias being taught in schools especially collages would be ignoring the facts in my opinion. The "I do not want to hear alternative points of view from what I have been taught" is certainly fostered in the education system of today. Fortunately it only takes a few years for these mislead kids of living on their own to find out how they have been led astray. Unfortunately many have not been able to live on their own thanks to a floundering economy. But that's changing under Trump.

Reactions: Wyote
Huh. Well Obama administration tried to tout the lowest unemployment rate ever so I guess there are not as many people who need jobs any more anyway if you believe that. I mean... don't get me started on over qualified rocket scientists flipping burgers. Thanks big O.

Come on already. When businesses do well and feel secure they hire. Trumps been in office how long? And already the DOW is going through the roof. Everything can't happen at once and simply doesn't.

DEMOCRATS

Published December 09, 2017
Taxpayers paid $220G to settle suit alleging sexual harassment by Democratic rep, report says
By Samuel Chamberlain

Ah yes. I guess this is how it really pays to be a Democrat law maker. Use tax payer money to settle my sexual deviant tendencies.

Typically, people who are college educated are able to see other POV and consider diverse perspectives. They learn how to research and find credible sources, how to question the validity of arguments and challenge their own preconceived notions; consider the world outside their bubble. If that happens to lead most educated people to learn toward liberalism, well, maybe that says more about the shortcomings of conservative ideology.

That's not to say there aren't intelligent and educated conservatives and liberal idiots, but the whole "college brainwashes our youth!" idea is bunk. College teaches critical thinking.

Maybe we are seeing the death throes of the Republican party, or it's transformation. I actually feel like moderate Republicans are like the last bastion of hope for the US... But they are disappearing and being replaced with the alt-right Steve Bannon variety extremists. I think this verse in their favorite book is apt: "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" Maybe the national Republican party of yesteryear would never have tolerated Trump or Moore, but today they have sold out in a last act of desperation.

I wonder how many ReTHUGliKKKhans have post-secondary educations. My guess is most have at least a Bachelor degree. Many probably have MBAs which in my opinion are only slightly more useful than a Masters in Liberal Arts. Which is ironic because they are all elected by people who stereo-typically don't value college education.

DEMOCRATS

Published December 09, 2017
Taxpayers paid $220G to settle suit alleging sexual harassment by Democratic rep, report says
By Samuel Chamberlain

Ah yes. I guess this is how it really pays to be a Democrat law maker. Use tax payer money to settle my sexual deviant tendencies.

It doesn't matter if it's a Republican or Democrat - they both are paid for by the taxpayers.
Who do you think is funding Mueller right now investigating the treasonous acts by Trump and co.?
Derp.

When businesses do well and feel secure they hire. Trumps been in office how long? And already the DOW is going through the roof. Everything can't happen at once and simply doesn't.
dow-obama-trump.png

Heh, no milky. Just the facts. But nice to see you are still around.