Death throes of liberal America. | Page 20 | INFJ Forum

Death throes of liberal America.

American politics is compelling and always has been. However, I feel bad for individuals whose strategy in life is, "Hopefully the economy gets back on track."

I've accepted a long time ago that President Obama, Secretary Clinton, or President Trump aren't going to change my life. That's up to me.

I've seen people anchor themselves into commitments that they shouldn't be burdened by, hoping the future will be better. Well, what if it isn't? What if the economy enters a recession, worse a depression? Then you've got unnecessary baggage to weather through the storm.

I'm generally trusting of the future and base my goals on that trust, however, I think it's good practice to imagine the worst-case scenario.

Good post.

I would add that not only is planning for economic downturns a wise practice in concept, it is also supported by both historical data and an eye on the trends of the time. Rapid growth in any sector of economic investment is never sustainable in the long term. Bubbles always burst and then you have people jumping out of windows. I'm a firm believer in the lasting benefits of a steady, slow growth economy, which is why I find people bitching about 1-3% growth per year to be laughable.

Gambling on quick run-ups can make you rich or it can break you broker than fuck. It's a zero sum game.

Love love love liberal news media that doesn't allow comments. They get shut down with facts every single time.

Liberals, being offended by facts since day one.

That's a legit question
The point is when they allow comments their argument is shut down as being shown baseless to the facts.

Al, it was never your choice. Don't you get it? You are scum, always have been always will be. Now,.resign and fade away.

Another one bites the dust.

Donald Trump, it was never your choice. Don't you get it? You are scum, always have been always will be. Now,.resign and fade away.

Another one bites the dust.

Two idiots making an idiotic argument for the sake of idiocy

Al, Al, Al. Poor little sacrificed lamb of the liberal obstructionist party. You are scum. Your own party disliked you soooooooo much for being the disgusting loser you are they offered your still kicking body up so that they could assault Trump. The Russia probe has sputtered and failed regardless of massive amounts of gasoline thrown on that fire. And now the same will happen with this attack. Granted it's the one thing your party had as a real attack to begin with. But the people are tired of the hyporcacy party and this attack won't be enough to damage or even remove Trump. Trump has 8 years of making America great again. But you little Al, you will remain gone forever.

Another one bites the dust. A few hundred more to go.

Al, Al, Al. Poor little sacrificed lamb of the liberal obstructionist party. You are scum. Your own party disliked you soooooooo much for being the disgusting loser you are they offered your still kicking body up so that they could assault Trump. The Russia probe has sputtered and failed regardless of massive amounts of gasoline thrown on that fire. And now the same will happen with this attack. Granted it's the one thing your party had as a real attack to begin with. But the people are tired of the hyporcacy party and this attack won't be enough to damage or even remove Trump. Trump has 8 years of making America great again. But you little Al, you will remain gone forever.

Another one bites the dust. A few hundred more to go.
You got anger issues, dude. Step back and try to see things rationally. (Crazy an infp is telling a supposed intj this, no?) Less rage more thinking.

Last edited:
I know how much a person is torn apart when they hold on for too long. ACD is right. It's time to let go. We're not telling you to change or compromise your view on things, but this is unhealthy, and I'd be willing to bet you're not nearly as reasonable as you were when you first took on this one-man crusade

Reactions: Wyote
The Russia probe has sputtered and failed regardless of massive amounts of gasoline thrown on that fire.
Everyone tends to think of Watergate when they think of scandals in the executive branch, but this isn't the same country it was. The press used to be good at focusing on what was important and the same could be said for the American voting public. Also those damning Nixon tapes were such a boon for the investigation too.

But all those things that ended Nixon are now embarrassingly defunct. Iran-Contra didn't end Regan and Russia won't end Trump. He probably actually does have 8 years.

If the Mueller investigation proves that the Trump campaign gave voter information collected by the GOP to Russian hackers (FSB or otherwise) somehow I do not think that will go down well with anybody who votes. Think about it, these hackers are the same guys who steal millions of dollars from US citizens every year through banking scams, money which is then laundered through nefarious schemes, the likes of which Manafort et al have been implicated in. We are talking global organized crime.
DJILP5KVoAARXM-.jpg

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article160803619.html

Everyone tends to think of Watergate when they think of scandals in the executive branch, but this isn't the same country it was. The press used to be good at focusing on what was important and the same could be said for the American voting public. Also those damning Nixon tapes were such a boon for the investigation too.

But all those things that ended Nixon are now embarrassingly defunct. Iran-Contra didn't end Regan and Russia won't end Trump. He probably actually does have 8 years.
Iran Contra didnt end Regan because the was nothing to it. Russia ...nothing to it for Trump. But when there is something to it, if your especially sick and dirty (Hillary and friends) you get away with it anyway.