Cuddling: like or dislike. | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Cuddling: like or dislike.

giphy.gif

Depends on the company, but for a general answer I'll say "yes".

Reactions: Will and flower
In case it wasn't obvious, I'm referring to cuddling in the context of an intimate relationship.

Though I've never had the opportunity to attempt as such, I love the idea of cuddling, and can't wait to do so with somebody I love (this is actually somewhat of a point of dissonance in my current -long distance- relationship, not solely because it isn't currently possible but because the other half doesn't like the idea).

Do you like it, dislike it, or feel completely ambivalent to it?
Love it.

Reactions: Will
With a partner, definitely. With anyone else it feels awkward. I'm the guy that does the lean over hug when I meet someone. That and two / three light slaps on the back as I do it. Even with my kids. But in a relationship .. OMG. I cannot get enough of cuddling. I love physical contact but it really has to be with someone I love deeply.

I like leaning against a broad back. Does that count? No I'm not sure I will always like cuddling. I like squishing faces and curling into a fetal position by your feet. I think that's cuddly enough.

Emotional

The wife of my first love uploaded photos and videos of him and their son dancing in the rain. I am filled with joy. I smile from ear to ear watching him grin in happiness. That is the man I loved. I remember the awkward way he dances and oh how wonderful the way his kid dances the same. That smile. That laugh. His baby has his pout. I am filled with joy so immense. I am happy that he is living the life I have always thought he deserves. I realize that I am able to move on free from heartbreak because no part of me regrets loving such a wonderful man. I don't regret any bit of our story, even the leaving. I am happy that he turned out to be such a great man so worthy of my love. His wife is a very lucky woman.

Onto my recent heartbreak. One day, I wish I can look at him with joy too. While I feel no resentment anymore, remnants of pain trickle down to the pit of my stomach. While I do not wish to be the girl next to him, I still think she is both lucky and unlucky. More tragically so, I am simultaneously worried for her. I hope he too will turn out to be a good man but I'm too afraid I cannot say that for now. I know I chose him for his wounds and his darkness but now I sit on the edge anticipating his choices and praying he won't make ones that hurt more people.

I wonder about the great differences of these two loves. One I loved and let go for his goodness, the other I loved and chose for his darkness and so I must let him go.

The Perks of being a Wallflower said: we accept the love we think we deserve.

I hope one day I am able to choose the good because I see the good in me.
You're a good person @MINFJToothFairy