Creepy Vibes | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Creepy Vibes

Are you talking emotional and social intelligence?

Great question. Is neither a good answer? I'm talking bare bones, nitty gritty animal intelligence. Anxiety is an evolutionary trait that most animals possess in order to be aware of predators. It's very raw. Same with human beings. It makes sense to me that people with less anxiety (awareness) are simply less evolved by comparison. Just a generalization.

Reactions: Skarekrow and dang
Great question. Is neither a good answer? I'm talking bare bones, nitty gritty animal intelligence. Anxiety is an evolutionary trait that most animals possess in order to be aware of predators. It's very raw. Same with human beings. It makes sense to me that people with less anxiety (awareness) are simply less evolved by comparison. Just a generalization.

So you are saying people with anxiety disorders such as myself are more highly evolved? It seems people without anxiety have a much easier time functioning and finding potential mates. I think this would be a good debate. Does high anxiety make one more or less evolved? Don't you think both extremes are undesirable? The happy medium seems to be the ideal. Too much and you are paralyzed. Not enough, and you are foolhardy. Pretty Aristotelian. Wonder what @Skarekrow thinks. People who are intuitive feelers or empaths or highly sensitive people (like me) tend to be like pain sponges who absorb tons of anxiety. Often when I isolate, it has less to do with not wanting to be social, and more to do with not wanting to be drained by others. Anxious, neurotic people can make me very anxious and uncomfortable. In many ways it seems that people who are more receptive to the energy of others are more likely to be anxious. Dense insensitive people seem to be rather lacking in anxiety and awareness in my opinion. If you can spend the whole day around a sledge hammer, you probably can't tell if a stranger is hiding being sad. I find this to be a very compelling topic. As for how it relates to creepiness, I've read that creepiness is a product of ambiguity or confusion. It is like your mind and body don't know whether to be afraid or not. Like a clown. He isn't a scary lion or a harmless baby. Also, hiding one's eyes or face can be creepy as it prevents others from reading that individual due to the shortage of nonverbal communication cues. In the Scream movies, the villains are only really scary when they hold knives. But when they appear and are just standing there motionless and quiet, they are more creepy. Because it is impossible to determine their intentions or threat. I think creepiness is like a challenge to our evolved way of detecting danger. Is this person/thing/situation a threat or not? That uncertainty creeps us out. Distinguishing between scary, safe, and creepy is an exercise in interpreting information. In the past, if you couldn't tell that a poisonous snake was a threat, you could be killed. In today's world, danger is confusing. Is that guy walking behind me at night dangerous or harmless, or just creepy because he is carrying a ceramic doll? Sounds creepy to me.

Last edited:
Strangers expressing unwarranted inappropriate remarks, overstepping boundaries, sending unsolicited messages in an effort to see how I'll respond, controlling behavior, men I don't know striking up a conversation. There are more, but those are big ones for me.

Strangers expressing unwarranted inappropriate remarks, overstepping boundaries, sending unsolicited messages in an effort to see how I'll respond, controlling behavior, men I don't know striking up a conversation. There are more, but those are big ones for me.

I'm sorry. I'll never bother you again.

Reactions: Skarekrow

Great video about creepiness. Pretty intellectual actually. For @Jet and her clown phobia. Pennywise wants to give you a hug.

Gosh, even the way the guy talked creeped me out. Somewhere towards the middle I was considering if I ought to stop watching. Bet it was intentional. I hate my scholarly interest. Made me watch until the end. Maybe I just shouldn't have watched it alone, in the dark (it's just after midnight here). I'll get over it. Tomorrow I've got to research that "valley". Seems interesting. Thanks @dang !

Reactions: Skarekrow and dang
Gosh, even the way the guy talked creeped me out. Somewhere towards the middle I was considering if I ought to stop watching. Bet it was intentional. I hate my scholarly interest. Made me watch until the end. Maybe I just shouldn't have watched it alone, in the dark (it's just after midnight here). I'll get over it. Tomorrow I've got to research that "valley". Seems interesting. Thanks @dang !

Should have watched it on a sunny afternoon. Much better.

Reactions: Skarekrow
So you are saying people with anxiety disorders such as myself are more highly evolved? It seems people without anxiety have a much easier time functioning and finding potential mates. I think this would be a good debate. Does high anxiety make one more or less evolved? Don't you think both extremes are undesirable? The happy medium seems to be the ideal. Too much and you are paralyzed. Not enough, and you are foolhardy. Pretty Aristotelian. Wonder what @Skarekrow thinks. People who are intuitive feelers or empaths or highly sensitive people (like me) tend to be like pain sponges who absorb tons of anxiety. Often when I isolate, it has less to do with not wanting to be social, and more to do with not wanting to be drained by others. Anxious, neurotic people can make me very anxious and uncomfortable. In many ways it seems that people who are more receptive to the energy of others are more likely to be anxious. Dense insensitive people seem to be rather lacking in anxiety and awareness in my opinion. If you can spend the whole day around a sledge hammer, you probably can't tell if a stranger is hiding being sad. I find this to be a very compelling topic. As for how it relates to creepiness, I've read that creepiness is a product of ambiguity or confusion. It is like your mind and body don't know whether to be afraid or not. Like a clown. He isn't a scary lion or a harmless baby. Also, hiding one's eyes or face can be creepy as it prevents others from reading that individual due to the shortage of nonverbal communication cues. In the Scream movies, the villains are only really scary when they hold knives. But when they appear and are just standing there motionless and quiet, they are more creepy. Because it is impossible to determine their intentions or threat. I think creepiness is like a challenge to our evolved way of detecting danger. Is this person/thing/situation a threat or not? That uncertainty creeps us out. Distinguishing between scary, safe, and creepy is an exercise in interpreting information. In the past, if you couldn't tell that a poisonous snake was a threat, you could be killed. In today's world, danger is confusing. Is that guy walking behind me at night dangerous or harmless, or just creepy because he is carrying a ceramic doll? Sounds creepy to me.

There have been quite a few tests that have proven that people who are more intelligent are also more prone to depression and anxiety.
So draw your own conclusions, I’m sure it’s highly subjective from person to person.
The conclusions they drew were that the higher anxiety is mostly due to a more intelligent person able to realize the possible future more vividly and predictably than someone who maybe plans ahead, but never takes the time to really think deeply about their own future and what it can all entail.
If you are predisposed to anxiety it is very easy for negative thought patterns to become habitual...and it’s easy to think negatively when you are depressed.
So really, imho it’s more about imagination, which is also generally more developed in more intelligent people for obvious reasons.
It’s when your imagination switches from being something helpful, to something that causes anxiety or depression then it should be addressed imho.
There are also studies about people with larger amygdalae being more predisposed to anxiety...it’s also the area of your brain that lights up when someone is using their “intuition”.
So...does anxiety = intuition out of control?
As for creepy....nothing visual creeps me out...sometimes feelings I get creep me out.
Once in a while I will see someone who creeps me out....but I can’t tell you why, they aren’t scary looking - I just get bad vibes from them.

Last edited: