Create a character | INFJ Forum

Create a character

Discussion in 'Imagination Exercises' started by Quinlan, Jul 8, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by Quinlan
  1. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    I saw a thread like this on another forum and it was fun, come up with a fictional character and describe them or describe a character that you have already invented in the past.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matariki

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    N/A
    Enneagram:
    N/A
    Can we draw the character?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    Quinlan

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Yep anything.

4. VH

VH Variable Hybrid

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    I think I'm over qualified to participate in this exercise, as I'm a fiction writer and a lifelong enthusiast of table top character driven roleplaying games, and have created more characters than I could ever count as creating characters is for me like subconsciously doodling is for most people.

But if you want me to create a character... I'd be happy to over do it.

#4 VH, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. OP
    Quinlan

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Old Bill had been a part of the crew for three seasons now, he seldom spoke. To the rest of the crew there was a bit of mystery about old Bill. He was respected as a tireless worker, though most of us quickly grew tired of the sea Bill never did. Often times in the evening after his shift, as the suns last rays melted into the southern sea, Bill would be seen heading to the stern and leaning against the railing. He would look out across the ocean in silence, as though waiting for something, or someone, long lost to rise up over the horizon. Captain said Bill had no family back home though sometimes I've seen a ring sitting beside his bed in his cabin, looks like a wedding ring. Old Bill is not as old as his nick name suggests, but he has a wisdom and a weariness to him beyond his years, his face is wrinkled and worn like the pages of an often read book.

Sometimes he would join us late at night for a game of cards, his manner mostly grim and silent though every once and a while he would surprise as he would burst into a deep and hearty laugh at some joke or tale one of the boys had told.

Bill had grown fond of the Albatrosses. From the stern his eyes would dance as they dipped and swooped with uncanny grace atop the rage of the roaring forties that blew great sprays and swells against the ship's wake. Lately he had been trying to draw them closer with offerings of half eaten dry crackers, no one thought to tell him that the seabirds were probably just as unfond of those stale bricks as we were.

VH likes this.
  6. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Doesn't Cast Shadows

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    I guess I'll go ahead and describe a character I've created for a new story I've started working on...

Sydney Burdon ... Sydney Burdon ... when one asks what's in a name, one wouldn't expect to find such a poetic irony than is present in her name. To her friends, she was a burden. To her family, she was a burden. To herself, she is a burden! Sydney, from birth, was always an odd child. She rarely spoke, speaking in only a few words at a time, and kept to herself mostly. Only a few people that approached her would stick around; for some reason beyond Sydney's knowledge, all the rest retreated with a new found hatred for the girl. No, no ... not hatred, I suppose, but rather fear masked with hatred. She keeps to a small group of friends, none of which fit into any specific clique.

For Sydney, however, her memories that returned in her dreams were always the biggest burden. The pre-school. The slumber-party. These memories and many others returned to her as nightmares. She feared being mentally ill many times because of her tendencies to black-out in conversation, her tendencies of hearing voices that no one else could, and her tendencies to draw picture after picture while sleeping. These things ... only served to be a small milestone of the things yet to come to Sydney Burdon.

Okay, I guess that was more of a teaser than anything... I really don't want to share much more about her at the moment, so that's all you'll get.

7. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    Talamund..... Talamund...... Talamund......
    I can't remember the last time I heard someone other them myself say my name. Like everyone else in this program I've been reduced to a letter, "X" is far more familiar to me then the name my parents gave me.

Talamun..... Talamun.... Talamun...
    I fear one of these days I'll forget my name and become just another letter. It's been almost seven years sense I arrived here and leaving is far from an option. How on earth would I escape from this place, were guarded 24/7/365.

Talamon? Talaman? Tala.....

How much longer till I'm just another letter?

8. Reon

Reon Midnight's Garden

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Questioning?
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    I'm so gonna hate myself for this later but here is an old RPG character I had (three years old). First one is a naruto character in a alt universe. I never actually finished it so it's probably pretty bad

And here's another character I made for the same roleplay site, three years old as well

...I'm utterly embarrassed that I'm posting this