Consciousnes is Part of Reality, Not a Trick of Evolution | INFJ Forum

Consciousnes is Part of Reality, Not a Trick of Evolution

everything is alive to me. even rocks. i don't know that they have a consciousness but i feel a vibration or energy from them when i hold them in my hand. i feel the mountains, not just see them.
i watched a program years ago about plants having 'emotions' and ability to feel pain and sense danger. it was really interesting and verified what i already felt was true.

everything is alive to me. even rocks. i don't know that they have a consciousness but i feel a vibration or energy from them when i hold them in my hand. i feel the mountains, not just see them.
i watched a program years ago about plants having 'emotions' and ability to feel pain and sense danger. it was really interesting and verified what i already felt was true.

I've mostly always believed that for anything to exist at all, it must be conscious in some form. Obviously a rock is not conscious in the way that a human is, or a cat is. But in order for it to exist, there is absolutely a type of consciousness that is there. An "awareness" if you will. Just in the matter alone. I find it hard to explain rationally without sounding like a weirdo, but it makes so much sense to me.

Reactions: JGirl

That work was originally done by Cleve Backster, a lie detector expert who had hooked up one of his machines to the leaf of a plant to test its water intake and discovered that it responded to his thoughts.

I've mostly always believed that for anything to exist at all, it must be conscious in some form. Obviously a rock is not conscious in the way that a human is, or a cat is. But in order for it to exist, there is absolutely a type of consciousness that is there. An "awareness" if you will. Just in the matter alone. I find it hard to explain rationally without sounding like a weirdo, but it makes so much sense to me.

You don't sound like a weirdo to me. From what I've seen, there is a lot of evidence to support that idea.

Prometheus Rising said:
Bell's Theorem is highly technical, but in ordinary language it
amounts to something like this: There are no isolated systems:
every particle in the universe is in "instantaneous" (faster-thanlight)
communication with every other particle. The Whole
System, even the parts that are separated by cosmic distances,
functions as a Whole System.
Now, such faster-than-light communication seems to be
forbidden by Special Relativity, which makes a problem. Bell's
Theorem, however, is inescapable: a theorem in physics is not a
mere "theory"; it is a mathematical demonstration which must be
true, if the mathematics contains no flaw, and if the experiments
on which it is based are replicable. Bell's Theorem contains no
mathematical flaw, and the experiments are replicable and have
been replicated several times.
And yet we cannot dispense with Special Relativity either,
because the mathematics there is equally flawless and the experiments
are legion that confirm it.
Two solutions have been proposed and both assume that the
"communication" involved in Bellian transmissions does not
involve energy, since it is energy that cannot move faster than
light. Dr. Edward Harris Walker suggests that what does move
faster than light, and holds the Whole System together, is "consciousness."
We may eventually be forced to accept this, in
which case physics will have justified pantheism or at least panpsychism.
The other alternative, proposed by Dr. Jack Sarfatti, is
that the medium of Bellian transmissions is information.
Pure information, in the mathematical sense, does not require
energy; it is that which orders energy. It is the negative of
entropy, that which brings disorder to energy systems.
Dr. Sarfatti explains his theory as follows:Imagine that your brain is a computer, as modern neurology
suggests. Now imagine that the whole universe is a big computer,
a mega-computer, as John Lilly has proposed. Then
imagine that the sub-quantum realm, the realm of what Dr.
David Bohm calls 'hidden variables' is made up of mini-minicomputers.
Now, the hardware of each 'computer'—the universe,
your brain, the sub-quantum mechanisms—is localized.
Each part of it is somewhere in spacetime, here not there, now
not then. But the software—the information—is non-local. It
is here, there and everywhere; now, then and everywhen.
while a rock is just a rock, it is consciousness first, then a rock. [MENTION=5084]Craig Weiler[/MENTION]

Reactions: muir
It looks like the mystics have been right all along

Reactions: Kmal
Rocks are alive in the sense they are made up of chemical compounds, with some emitting energy (granite and radon for instance.) [MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] I read your post and looked over at my plants ... they were screaming for a drink of water. :D

Last edited:
Rock are alive in the sense they are made up of chemical compounds, with some emitting energy (granite and radon for instance.) [MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] I read your post and looked over at my plants ... they were screaming for a drink of water. :D

funny thing is i always can tell if my plants need water. i don't hear them scream (thank goodness!) but i just get a sense of it when i walk by.
lucky for them they can communicate that or they'd probably be dead by now lol
i'm going to look for that documentary i watched, see if it's online somewhere. it was quite a few years ago - maybe 15 or more.

[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION], I used to have a book which talked about how everything interacted within a garden. It was lovely. Now I cannot remember the name it!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
I watched a documentary once about marijuana. They had an expert on the show, and she said even hotdogs had consciousness. She heard one scream as she bit into it.

I watched a documentary once about marijuana. They had an expert on the show, and she said even hotdogs had consciousness. She heard one scream as she bit into it.

Is that sexual innuendo or not!? I'm truly perplexed.

Oops, it was a documentary on LSD.

But I like your innuendo idea better. So... yes. Yes it was.