Concerts and Musical Icons

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm getting to that age in my life that I'm realizing I want to see iconic bands live, before they pass away. It's not necessarily bands I regularly listened to growing up, but I want to see the old die-hard rockers like the Rolling Stones and the Who and Eric Clapton and even elevator music musicians like Barry Mannilow and Neil Diamond and Tony Bennett before...well, before they kick the bucket. I'm not a fan, but I'm realizing it could be a really nice experience to see them because once they're gone, they're gone.

Maybe it's just an older, nostalgic thing going on with me. But I feel like going to see (and saving my pennies to see) at least one icon a year from now on. Do you ever feel that way, about the old rockers? That you want to see them, because it's an honor to see them as historical figures rather than an enjoyment of their music?

I could be the only one tho'. :D

Well,I am not concert person (people, dancing, nosie, am I sound like really old person:))), but I have few artist that I itend to see live (and probably go crazy at concert;). But they are my personal classics. I am not so into those general icons.

I feel this as well with a variety of 'things', which includes both people and things (ex. historical artifacts part of a rotating museum tour, etc.). When I do this, I tend to feel like I'm participating within a larger collective, like I'm part of something greater, and that's probably what makes the experience so great for me. Sometimes I go to see someone or something for what it is, and at other times I seek its other qualities or value. And when it comes to icons or significant artifacts/etc., it's often for the latter reasons. Yep, I do this too. :)

Last edited: