Compatibility between the "types" | INFJ Forum

Compatibility between the "types"

sweetea

Community Member
Mar 27, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
Does anyone have any links/info on how different types are compatible and how they tend to interact? Or how two specific types can learn to understand each other better?

Thanks for any info... :D

oh and I was reading "somewhere" that the ENTP personality is very compatible for INFJ's? True? Coz...I know an ENTP and am attracted to them...but I can see how he'd be... too much to handle in a relationship.

Does anyone have any links/info on how different types are compatible and how they tend to interact? Or how two specific types can learn to understand each other better?

Any type can get along with any other type.
It's all about you. And its all about the other person.

Granted its still useful to know someone's type. If you know a person's preferences, it IS easier to make sure they are comfortable. but beyond that, it's all on you.

In general we tend to get along more easily with people that are similar to us.
If such is the case, it would follow that types that share preferences would be more "compatible"

As for the whole ENTP/INFJ thing. I think its over-romanticized. But, if I said I didn't like INFJs that would be a lie. People ought to keep in mind, relationships are an investment, you get what you put in.

Last edited:
oh and I was reading "somewhere" that the ENTP personality is very compatible for INFJ's? True? Coz...I know an ENTP and am attracted to them...but I can see how he'd be... too much to handle in a relationship.

It really depends on what you as a person want. Not every INFJ is compatible with every ENTP. I suggest not looking at a person's type when it comes to measuring compatibility and attraction. Spend time with them and get to know them then decide if it's something you want.

If you type in 'INFP and ENTJ relationship' or any two other types, you'll likely find a website with an analysis.

MBTI is somewhat inadequate for assessing relationship potential, though generally INFJs go well with ENTPs and ENFJs. However, two well developed people of any time can have a happy and successful relationship together- the problem is being well developed.

More important relationship factors are how much you have in common and whether you are drawn to each other naturally (which you need to be around the person in real life to know)

It really depends on what you as a person want. Not every INFJ is compatible with every ENTP. I suggest not looking at a person's type when it comes to measuring compatibility and attraction. Spend time with them and get to know them then decide if it's something you want.

Some ENTPs are insufferable jerksasses.
Just as some INFJs are passive-aggressive whiny bitches.

Whatchu gonna do? :m052:

However, two well developed people of any time can have a happy and successful relationship together- the problem is being well developed.

Very true! And also I would think even if two people were "normal" and developed...that when life gets stressful (and I don't mean just 'bad day or stuck in traffic' stress)... the differences are going to get tougher to tolerate.

Thanks everyone for you input...it's all very interesting to me.

If you type in 'INFP and ENTJ relationship' or any two other types, you'll likely find a website with an analysis.

Oh and I forgot to ask... what sources are most reliable? Trying to weed through the info that's not credible...

Very true! And also I would think even if two people were "normal" and developed...that when life gets stressful (and I don't mean just 'bad day or stuck in traffic' stress)... the differences are going to get tougher to tolerate.

Thanks everyone for you input...it's all very interesting to me.

Then you aren't doing it right.
no-two-people-are-not-on-fire.gif

But seriously with that kind of mindset, you're signing yourself up for stress.
You're already looking for reasons for a relationship not working.

I think if I would have based my "search" on "type" compatability of any sort I would have naver interacted with my boyfriend. Before I knew about MBTI I went through an obsession with astrology. I use to only intract with people I felt were "comatible with me" before getting to know them. I came to my own senses. My boyfriend's chart and his MBTI type are not exactly "compatible" to mine, according to the sources, but what can I say...all I can do is sigh with joy. =)

This isn't to say those sources have nothing good to say about compatability and such. Just, not to take it word for word. I didn't know about MBTI before meeting him--he actually introduced me to it. It was intresting to read about it afterwards (our compatability based on our types) and see what they had to say. There was a few things I noticed that did seem to describe our relationship at times. At the same time reading it helped to try and understand why this or that might be happening.

Yea 0.o I read that too on this site. I was extremely sceptical about it all because I had no idea that Ne doms and Ni doms were compatible. I actually had the impression that many Ni doms here thought that Ne was "annoying" or something along those lines. But perhaps.... "annoying" and "compatible" aren't mutually exclusive.... then, right? Sorta? I dunno. Maybe.

I wonder what a healthy ENFJ/INFJ relationship with different temperaments would be like.

Sounds like you are shopping for this.

Of course, this requires that you redefine your terms.

Reactions: sweetea
I wonder what a healthy ENFJ/INFJ relationship with different temperaments would be like.

my best friend is an enfj. We get along really well and have a really healthy relationship. We think the same things are funny, and we find the same things beautiful so we share alot. We take baths together and sing songs and cuddle while watching tv. She asks me alot of questions and gets me out of the house. I don't care about temperament.

Reactions: kammy
So, according to the theory, INFP - ENTJs are a good match? Because i think i'd prefer a P.

__I thought ExyP/Js with IxyJ/Ps, i.e. INFJ matches with ENFP,
INFP would match with ENFJ, ENTPs with INTJs. Perhaps this is
not the case in real life, but from a theoretical point of view it
creates an optimal flow of energy.

Some types get along with others better, there's no denying that. But using someone's type to determine if you get along with them or not is a bad, bad practice and no good will come of it.