Communication | INFJ Forum

Communication

Outside

Regular Poster
Nov 10, 2009
MBTI
INFP
When I feel very compelled to get a viewpoint across to someone that I know either isn't listening, or isn't just doesn't seem to be absorbing it at all, I sometimes have a hard time finding a good time to agree to disagree, despite the obvious block in communication. I don't want to just leave it at that, though stubbornness can be my downfall.

When do you decide to just drop an argument and/or how do you fuse or sculpt the conflict to convey the idea?

when i can no longer share my view point without getting angry

Communication is extremely important to me. I always strive to communicate in the clearest most efficent way possible, while at the same time, appealing to the the other persons will, and my own personal gaurds.

I duck out of arguments when I know that they will go no where, and the other persons goal is simply to just batter me for no reason. I am the expert at disarming arguments, even between two people that I am not involved with. I know exactly the right thing to say, and people can not follow up with it either so it totally halts. Almost all arguments are pointless to me, and if it will not lead to growth within a person, or insight within them, I will shut the argument down. If I don't want to argue, it is impossible to bait me in.

Communication is extremely important to me. I always strive to communicate in the clearest most efficent way possible, while at the same time, appealing to the the other persons will, and my own personal gaurds.

I duck out of arguments when I know that they will go no where, and the other persons goal is simply to just batter me for no reason. I am the expert at disarming arguments, even between two people that I am not involved with. I know exactly the right thing to say, and people can not follow up with it either so it totally halts. Almost all arguments are pointless to me, and if it will not lead to growth within a person, or insight within them, I will shut the argument down. If I don't want to argue, it is impossible to bait me in.

This is exactly the same for me. I don't mind debate if it is civil, but if people can't keep it civil then fallacy comes in to play. I hate fallacy, and I hate unproductive conversation.

It is really that debating is all about oneupmenship between clashing egos, in most cases when someone tries to poke at you. I don't play that game. It isn't fun to me, and it leads no where. Besides, most people that engage in these types of things are very often "undeveloped".

when i can no longer share my view point without getting angry
This is probably the best answer.

Or when it is obvious the other person is frustrated and not budging. The chances of effectively communicating anything are slim when emotions are out of control.

This is probably the best answer.

Or when it is obvious the other person is frustrated and not budging. The chances of effectively communicating anything are slim when emotions are out of control.
exactly!