[INFJ] - Choosing career path | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Choosing career path

Aref

Jan 29, 2019
Iran currently
MBTI
INFJ
Hello there. I'm on the last semester of my information technology bachelor though my university grades/scores are very good (A+ for final half duration of study) But unfortunately I've found i don't like engineering jobs. I'm a male person 23 years old. I need your advice to choose. What do you think is better for an INFJ? Esthetician, nurse, biotechnology. I don't know much about them but they seem awesome from outside. Maybe I'm wrong and i must continue IT? Job market is important to me plus the job environment. Am i going the right path? Starting from the scratch, another 3 years of study? Maybe it's too late? For esthetician i don't know much but it seems cool. About nursing i love helping others but i don't know if i can act like extroverted. Consider I'm a male. About biotechnology i love the environment though i don't know much about inside of it. And i remember i hated chemistry in high school

Hello there. I'm on the last semester of my information technology bachelor though my university grades/scores are very good (A+ for final half duration of study) But unfortunately I've found i don't like engineering jobs. I'm a male person 23 years old. I need your advice to choose. What do you think is better for an INFJ? Esthetician, nurse, biotechnology. I don't know much about them but they seem awesome from outside. Maybe I'm wrong and i must continue IT? Job market is important to me plus the job environment. Am i going the right path? Starting from the scratch, another 3 years of study? Maybe it's too late? For esthetician i don't know much but it seems cool. About nursing i love helping others but i don't know if i can act like extroverted. Consider I'm a male. About biotechnology i love the environment though i don't know much about inside of it. And i remember i hated chemistry in high school
Can you elaborate on why you don’t like engineering jobs, and on what appeals to you about each of the other lines of work? Oh I guess you kind of did. I guess I would try to network with people in each of those professions. You can usually find other discussion forums or message boards to do this if you don’t know anyone in real life. It’s kind of hard to make a recommendation because the fields of nursing and biotech are huge, meaning that there are a lot of different kinds of jobs in each. Being an esthetician you will have to know how to make small talk with people you don’t know every day, and you will have to be able to sell/retail products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aref
Can you elaborate on why you don’t like engineering jobs, and on what appeals to you about each of the other lines of work?
About engineering jobs, i don't feel like I'm helping someone and i didn't like the lessons i learned in university. They were boring and the environment is too competitive. I was active in cyber security but it drained all of my energy when i found so much people are just trying to crack my network for fun. So much negative energy. I wanted to apply for police foundation because i would use my mind to find out crims and help people. But i think police isn't a good idea for an INFJ. About esthetician, i found it in the list of fine jobs for INFJs and it's more close to art than boring engineering. But I'm afraid i may be soon bored of it because of its none competitive environment. About biotechnology i found it on the list too. But i don't know about it much. I think i may like the environment. You will work with others but don't speak to them always. It's like something between extrovert and introvert. A quiet place/lab but not lonely

It really doesn't matter what INFJs are good at or interested in.. it all depends on you first. Find your interest because I don't think you'll be able to work on a field where you have nothing of your interest it will be a lot of burden for you. If you're not able to find what you want, at least clear out what you don't want. The answer will be clear to you in short time.

Reactions: Aref