Chakra Balancing & Healing

cvp12gh5

What a lovely way to burn...
Oct 5, 2012
MBTI
Intui
Enneagram
Thinking
I have decided to schedule an appointment to have my chakra balanced and healed. I have never done this before and I don't know what to expect. Has anyone here ever experienced energy healing? If so, is there anything I should know or prepare for beforehand?

I'm a bit skeptical if something like this even works, but I am willing to give it a try.

Any thoughts and opinions on the subject are welcome.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION]

Relax and go with the flow

Also don't give up after the first go if there is no immediate mind blowing effect...these are subtle energies!

Sometimes things begin to happen after a bit of time

If you watch clips of lightening strikes that are slowed down you can see that not only is there lightening coming down but there is also a streamer coming upto meet the lightening

Imo how profound our experiences are often depend on how much of a charge we have built up

I do this with myself on almost a daily basis. I usually use the Ananda Mandala meditation to move blockages up and out, and follow up with Reiki to remove anything residual that need not be there. I sometimes do Doreen Virtue's morning and evening meditations, if the mood strikes. All are very effective. Crystals and Sound can also do wonders for balancing and clearing, even Chakra Dance and Colour therapy. I even have special bath salts for this purpose.

As for what to expect: The method varies by who is doing the clearing. My personal methods vary on the person I am working on, and whether it is being done by distance or in-person. What I usually do, is guide my client to ground themselves, and then have them lie down for me. From there, I check each chakra, either with my hand, eyes, or pendulum, and get to work. I have pulled things out, cut cords, pushes the"reset" button on the chakra, toned frequencies to push out blockages, used Matrix numbers to clear/release blockages, placed stones on or around the body. When all the chakras have been cleared, I ask the Client if I have their permission to reset all their chakras to full working order, and if they would like a Reiki boost to them, and after that, I sweep their energy field one last time, and leave the, alone for a few mins to let them process the energy. I then offer them water, when they return to full consciousness, and ask if they have any questions or concerns.

My friend Suzan uses Hypnotherapy, Matrix, NLP, EFT, and Reiki to clear
Darlene uses stones, Crystal Bowls, and Shamanic techniques
Jaimie uses Remote viewing and a special breathing technique
Jeanette uses Acupressure and Reiki

So, my advice would be to stay open-minded, drink plenty of water before and after, and be vocal about anything that makes you uncomfortable.
Let me know if you have anymore questions ~

Reactions: cvp12gh5
My friend's boyfriend is rather successful light worker in the city and since I helped him with the purchase of the building for his clinic, I often get to play guinea pig for a lot of the new age technology he keeps introducing to his clientele. He and his business partner recently got a float tank that I'm dying to try out.

But I digress. Regarding the sessions I had done on me, I was put on a biomat under a violet light while he passed a pendent over each of my chakras in order to diagnose which way they were spinning. He'd tell me to picture a white light coming in from the top of my head and then hovered his hands over me, pushing the energy around. While this was happening, I'd relax, go into a trance and then sometimes experience some closed-eye hallucinations. The whole thing would last a grand total of 15-20 minutes.

I know a lot of people swear by light and energy therapy, but for me, it's been a hit or miss. Sometimes I walk away totally relaxed and feel that endorphin kick you get twenty minutes after a good run, and sometimes, I didn't feel anything at all.

To be completely honest, with no disrespect to my friend or her boyfriend, I actually realized a lot more benefits from acupuncture.

Last edited:
I have decided to schedule an appointment to have my chakra balanced and healed. I have never done this before and I don't know what to expect. Has anyone here ever experienced energy healing? If so, is there anything I should know or prepare for beforehand?

I'm a bit skeptical if something like this even works, but I am willing to give it a try.

Any thoughts and opinions on the subject are welcome.

Well, the first step is being open to the experience. That is always key! And make sure it's with someone you feel you can trust or has reputable reviews. If you get a bad feeling about the person --- DO NOT be afraid to leave!

I've only ever experienced energy healing from [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] and it was done in TC. I don't trust anyone around me with touching my chakras though. I mainly meditate and do it to myself. I can heal my own energy at this point and I use various stones for it. I have received tarot readings from other people and I admit, I won't go to someone that I feel is BSing me or feels skeptical. I just listen to my gut.

Also, make sure you relax throughout it. If there are things on your mind before, shush through them and/or put on the back burner for later.

If you don't mind, please share you experience! I would love to know how you feel and if you notice any differences :)

Well, the first step is being open to the experience. That is always key! And make sure it's with someone you feel you can trust or has reputable reviews. If you get a bad feeling about the person --- DO NOT be afraid to leave!

I've only ever experienced energy healing from @Serenity and it was done in TC. I don't trust anyone around me with touching my chakras though. I mainly meditate and do it to myself. I can heal my own energy at this point and I use various stones for it. I have received tarot readings from other people and I admit, I won't go to someone that I feel is BSing me or feels skeptical. I just listen to my gut.

Also, make sure you relax throughout it. If there are things on your mind before, shush through them and/or put on the back burner for later.

This pretty much says it all for me. Hi Bionic! :hug:

Do whatever it is you do to quiet your mind before it begins.

During my very first 'attunement' I had emotions come up - but I held them in check because I didn't want to disturb the Reiki master doing her thing. Later she told me I should have let them out as getting attuned means moving old crap up and out of our energy fields.

Talk with your person about this and see how they react. If they say you mustn't let any thing out...I'm not sure I'd go with them. Healing comes in myriad ways for each of us as we have all been through various traumas and ordeals. The senstives amongst us are probably holding much un-resolved issues and it would be natural for emotions to come up with energetic release.

I have spent most of my time on my own doing various meditations to open my chakras. I'm still working on the upper third eye and throat chakra at the moment. Some were Shamanic in nature. Looking back I'm pretty sure those were designed to open my lower chakra's. I used a Shakti healing meditation for the middle chakras - Solar Plexus and Heart. I've also used [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]'s meditation Andanda Mandala for overall healing and opening.
Now - I'm using my guides for intuition on what to do....and they've led me in all sorts of physical actions and singing and toning and energetic connections with Earth and Sun.

Everyone is right. The key is to be open to whatever arises for you and let it flow.

If you are attracted to getting your chakras open - then your intuition is guiding you towards an opening for your Self.

Remember - these are all steps - leading to something else.

As [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] pointed out you may not feel any big change or something grand as these things can be subtle. I didn't the first time I was attuned. And I walked away from it for a few years...and I lost time. If I had been exposed to many of the teachings out there now - back then - I might have continued on with trying various methods and ways until I found something that fits me. On the other hand my friend (who is dying from cancer) felt his solar plexus chakra begin to spin when we both went through Sound Healing.

So you see - it's different for everyone.

I'm excited to see you try this! Woot! One more lightworker opening is an occasion for Joy!

Reactions: bionic
Chakra balancing is a great way to heal the energetic body so the physical and spiritual bodies can work harmoniously and ward off health issues. Chakra balancing does need to be practiced either with someone or by yourself repeatedly in order to gain the benefits. Its very similar to yoga in that movement of energy is the main activity. It also depends on how the practitioner is doing the chakra balancing. Often times beginner healers can tell you where you have blockages and stress but may not know how to correctly move the negative energy out of the body. So it is important to have a practitioner who knows how to heal those areas. Every healer will use objects that will help in the process. Various types of stones, plants, chants, music or massage along with meditation is usually the main ingredients. It will also depend on how skilled the practitioner is. Some healers have very strong healing powers; using their hands alone to read somebody's energetic bodies and can use their own bodies to help cleanse anothers' body. While others will rely on various tools to help aid the healing.

You do have to realize that you are opening your energetic body to another person in order for it to be balanced and healed. So you should have good amount of trust and faith in their abilities as the relationship with your healer will also affect the level of healing that can take place. Best method to get the most out of the experience to meditate along with the practitioner with the intent to heal the blockages and negativity so your own intention will be of aid. It is also important that if you are only doing it one time and not going to develop an ongoing relationship with the healer that you make intentions to separate your energetic body from that of the healers. healers often will take salt baths and meditations to 'cut the cord" from other's bodies so they don't pick up unwanted baggage from their clients. Make sure you have a practitioner who also protects themselves as well.

Overall chakra balancing is a good way to assess the state of your energetic body. However; personally i find that the effects are temporary and it must be done again in order to gain long term benefit. Understanding chakras as units of your life experience is crucial. Learning to do your own energetic body meditations focused on chakras is also very helpful. Understand that chakras in the bodies are constantly moving and within the large umbrella of chakras you also have smaller chakras that dictate certain parts of your life. For example; your root chakra located at the base of your sexual organs control your ability to survive and meet your basic needs. Within that umbrella you will also have sub chakras that deals with your ability to make money and how you feel about money, ability to be flexible in times of change, how you feel rooted or uprooted in your life, etc. When the energy in the chakras stop moving or slow down is when we feel stuck in those areas of life. But like all things you can work on it to move it along. chakra balancing is basically a practice to keep the energy moving and flowing throughout your body and throughout your life; they are intrinsically connected. You can also discover that certain chakras are more developed than others or certain chakras can be overworking and spending or loosing energy that can also be harmful. So it really is a balancing act.

Please share how it went. :)

Reactions: Kgal
My friend's boyfriend is rather successful light worker in the city and since I helped him with the purchase of the building for his clinic, I often get to play guinea pig for a lot of the new age technology he keeps introducing to his clientele. He and his business partner recently got a float tank that I'm dying to try out.

But I digress. Regarding the sessions I had done on me, I was put on a biomat under a violet light while he passed a pendent over each of my chakras in order to diagnose which way they were spinning. He'd tell me to picture a white light coming in from the top of my head and then hovered his hands over me, pushing the energy around. While this was happening, I'd relax, go into a trance and then sometimes experience some closed-eye hallucinations. The whole thing would last a grand total of 15-20 minutes.

I know a lot of people swear by light and energy therapy, but for me, it's been a hit or miss. Sometimes I walk away totally relaxed and feel that endorphin kick you get twenty minutes after a good run, and sometimes, I didn't feel anything at all.

To be completely honest, with no disrespect to my friend or her boyfriend, I actually realized a lot more benefits from acupuncture.

Acupuncture is amazing. When I was in college, I worked for a Chinese doctor who specialized in Acupuncture and Reflexology and some of the results from his patients were amazing.

One was a young girl who was very sick. She had sores and rashes covering her body along with mental/emotional problems. Her mother brought her in to see if acupuncture and reflexology could help. He saw her 4-5 times a week at first. She would have different reactions after each session. Some made her very tired; other times she was very emotional (a lot of crying, sometimes anger). It was very painful for her in the beginning. But as time went on, the rashes and sores gradually started to disappear. She wasn't having emotional outbursts anymore. She seemed happy and healthy. He cut down the visits to 2-3 times a week for maintenance and stressed that she needed to continue her treatments. She was doing so great that her mother (trying to save money) started skipping appointments. And then we get the call...and it's back to 4-5 times a week.

Anyhow, I will never forget what those treatments did for that girl. It completely changed my views on alternative medicine.

Reactions: jyrffw54
[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION] [MENTION=884]solongotgon[/MENTION]
or anyone else that knows about chakras; I just got done my session a few hours ago and I really enjoyed it, but now I have a major headache...or more like an eye-ache. I feel pressure in my eyes. (is this normal?)

She checked my chakras with a pendulum before and after and performed reiki. I will go over more about what she said regarding each chakra when I feel a bit better, but I was really curious what you all knew about the crown chakra. She told me that she kept being drawn back to it because it was radiating a glowing bright white light and that it was highly developed. What are your thoughts on this?

All in all, I liked it and want to learn to do it on myself. I am also going to start yoga and meditation next week. Something is telling me I need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kgal
@Serenity @Kgal @muir @bionic @Solongoton
or anyone else that knows about chakras; I just got done my session a few hours ago and I really enjoyed it, but now I have a major headache (is this normal?)

She checked my chakras with a pendulum before and after and performed reiki. I will go over more about what she said regarding each chakra when I feel a bit better, but I was really curious what you all knew about the crown chakra. She told me that she kept being drawn back to it because it was radiating a glowing bright white light. What are your thoughts on this?

All in all, I liked it and want to learn to do it on myself. I am also going to start yoga and meditation next week. Something is telling me I need to.

I am glad, that it went well for you!

Crown Chakra... Violet-to white in colour, typically, and when it's especially been put to good use, can form a halo of sorts. It is where your energy transitions between higher dimensions and the 3D. It is where one receives claircognizant information, that "knowing" about people, places, and things. It physically governs the head and the brain... all our higher thinking centers. It also is associated with our paternal relationships. A healthy crown will glow vibrant purple. If it's very white, then the energies of your Higher Crown (pure white may be assisting in energizing your Crown). Those with an underactive Crown are prone to headaches, fear, and over cynical behavior. Those with an overactive Crown, may feel dizzy, lightheaded, disconnected from their body, and headaches can also come into play.

If you haven't been keeping up with your energetic hygiene, yes a headache is normal, especially after shifting so much Energy. Drink lots of water and rest, as your body continues to cleanse itself.

@Serenity @Kgal @muir @bionic Solongoton
or anyone else that knows about chakras; I just got done my session a few hours ago and I really enjoyed it, but now I have a major headache...or more like an eye-ache. I feel pressure in my eyes. (is this normal?)

She checked my chakras with a pendulum before and after and performed reiki. I will go over more about what she said regarding each chakra when I feel a bit better, but I was really curious what you all knew about the crown chakra. She told me that she kept being drawn back to it because it was radiating a glowing bright white light and that it was highly developed. What are your thoughts on this?

Serenity said it better than I could. I agree with drinking plenty of water and rest.

One thing of note: I read back in the beginning of August I think it was - that the focus of energy in these months is to open throats and pineal gland/third eye chakras. I read we would likely have issues with our face, head, and neck areas. A headache would seem normal considering that perspective as well as what Serenity says.

I'm excited for you in this adventure!

@Serenity @Kgal @muir @bionic @solongotgon

Sounds like you have overdeveloped crown chakra. Overdeveloped crown chakra is not necessarily a good thing if all the other chakras are not there to ground and support it. Imagine a person who's head is a large balloon floating around with nothing to anchor the body. Over development of crown chakra can cause a person to seek answers to life's issues only through spiritual means only. Some gurus even consider it a spiritual sickness. It could also mean the person prefers to live in their head instead of the physical reality which can seem harsh and uncomfortable. The bet way to ground your crown chakra is to develop your root chakra. Root chakra grounds you in the physical world; which the physical body needs in order to function in the physical world. Both need to be in balance to be anchored. Most of the time people prefer one over the other. Sensitive people prefer to live through their crown chakra while earthy practical people tend to prefer to live in the physical. Ultimately it is all about balance. Ultimately we are here in the 3rd dimension to experience life with the aid of the divine powers.

Best way to ground your physical body is to do strenuous activity that helps the body go against gravity. I prefer heavy lifting and activities that engage the outdoors. This will help the body become more grounded and more active. increasing your survival skills will also help aid in the root chakra. Even striving to earn more money will strengthen the root chakra.

As for meditation; it will depend. If you are new to meditation and you already have an overactive chakra then all you will end up doing during meditation is using your crown chakra to try to anchor yourself; which may or may not work. The best type of meditation would be simple awareness meditation that gets in touch with the physical body. I do not recommend transcendant or astral form of meditation if you already have a very active crown chakra and trying to anchor or ground your other chakras.

The best chakra meditations are showrt meditations where you focus on each chakra from the ground up and imagine them opening and closing and learning to move each chakra energy. This does take practice. I prefer doing actual physical activity, even hugging trees or being in touch with your environment helps ground it way faster and much more effectively.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION] [MENTION=884]solongotgon[/MENTION] [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] [MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION]

Okay, here we go. All about my chakra b&h experience, from beginning to end.

She was late. I understand that this can happen but when I found out that she lives right next door to the business, I was a little annoyed. This was my first time meeting with her and my first chakra balancing experience (she knew this), so I felt that she should have been there waiting for me to put me at ease. She seemed very nice but disorganized and scattered. She didn't have anything set up, so she ran around getting everything in order while I waited some more. Again, very nice but very disorganized. It didn't help me (the client) relax. I try putting these type of thoughts out of my head but I can't help it. When I walk into a business (or any place for that matter) I automatically start seeing what needs to be improved and how it should be done…this is what I do. Soft, relaxing music should have been on. She should have had incense out and ready to go. Candles, mats, blankets, oils, notebook, pen, chakra info, should have been set up. She should have been on time.

Once we got started, I felt a little better. She used a pendulum to check my chakras, made notes. She then did reiki and rechecked my chakras. It was very relaxing. I don't get many chances to relax, and it was nice to shut my mind off for a moment. After she was done, she asked me if I felt anything during the session. Relaxed. I felt relaxed. She briefly went through the chakras with me and what they represented. I was then a little thrown when she realized that she had written the chakras in the wrong places on the diagram. She did correct it but it made me doubt her knowledge on the subject. She then told me what happened when she checked my chakras. I had questions. She could not answer these questions. This was very disappointing and it showed on my face. It would be one thing if I wasn't paying for a service, but I was spending money to have my chakras balanced and I expect the person that is doing it to be able to answer questions about it.

For instance, in my past, I use to read tarot cards for people. I was a natural at it. I would read them for friends, friends of friends, people I didn't know…and people would be surprised at my accuracy. I was even surprised. Now, out of all of these people that I read for (there was a lot) not once did I ever charge anyone for it. They tried to pay me and I would refuse. Why? Because I had a gift that I wanted to share, but I also was not claiming to be an expert on anything. What I knew came natural, but that didn't mean I had all the answers. I didn't study tarot enough to say that I did. Why would I charge anyone for a reading without first knowing everything there is to know about the subject? That wouldn't be fair or honest, regardless of my accuracy. So, yeah. This really bothered me.

Anyhow, I think she could tell that this disappointed me and I felt her energy become very nervous and anxious. She started to repeat herself over and over and began to stutter. I then found myself trying to put her at ease and make her feel better through my energy and body language. It was strange but she did finally relax and we talked for a while about things unrelated to the session.

Regardless of her shortcomings mentioned, she was still a very nice woman and I enjoyed the 45 minutes of mind silence. This is why I think yoga and meditation would be beneficial for me. I do think that the concept of chakras is very real and when clogged, they need to be worked on to achieve balance. But I do not think that this particular person is very good at reading chakras or giving advice on them. Maybe one day she will be with practice, but she needs to learn more about what she is doing before she charges people money for it. I also think my head/eye ache was from the incense. It was overpoweringly strong.

All in all, I don't regret the experience. I liked being able to relax for a moment. I want to learn to practice it on my own so that I can correctly heal and balance myself. This with meditation and yoga will help.

She was a good person with a good heart and I can tell that she wishes she was an expert on the subject, but wishing doesn't get you anywhere if you're not willing to put in the time to truly understand what you are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would do well with some selenite and black tourmaline. Together, they anchor you to the astral and to the Earth

Reactions: cvp12gh5