Career-Speak: where do you envision yourself in 5 years? | INFJ Forum

Career-Speak: where do you envision yourself in 5 years?

passionista

Regular Poster
Nov 20, 2011
MBTI
Real
Enneagram
6: The Loyalist
Where do you envision yourself to be in your career in five years time?

Achievement.jpg

Hopefully I'll have worked full time as a psychometrist for a year or two, then be on my way to completing a master's and phd to ultimately become a psychologist.

after i win the lottery, i wont need a career.

i'll follow my passions, fulfill all of my creative endeavors, have a cool house, though nothing very extravagant. travel thru and to every state in the US, hike all over, smoke the best pot money can buy, and get absolutely crazy in bed and all throughout my new, not too extravagant house with my super hot lovers.

I see myself being promoted by our company year end, October 2012. I also see myself developing strong relationships with the people in the department I want to be in, who have the ability to influence and affect the future of my career as well as current career development opportunities. Holding all things constant, if I stay with the current corporation I am in, I see myself having successfully transitioned into the role of Corporate Trainer if not yet having transitioned into public sector Government.

I've been thinking about this lately and more and more I'd like to be self-employed. Or at least have the majority of my income stream coming from a situation where I am my own boss.

This is the first time that I can answer that without it being a bullshit interview response.

I'll be in game design. Not independently yet, as I want to be in the field and soak up all I can for the next decade or so. Ideally it's at one of the small studios I'm interested in. If not then the big publishers offer attractive perks.

Your boss... or at least that's the answer I always feel like giving to the boss type person. :D

I want to be a tree!

Reactions: the
A homeless person consumed by wunderlust.

Working in my residency as I finish up medical school.

I envision that within 5 years:
Directing the Community Relations/Development aspect of a non-profit organization...
(primarily one that serves those in poverty and/or victims of violence.)

Planning and coordinating events, fundraisers, dreaming up innovative outreach and public awareness campaigns...
Authoring press releases, interviewing on the radio... rubbing elbows at soirees..

Reactions: invisible and mochi
Self-employed for sure... likely some sort of small manufacturing in the third world and then importing to the first.
Everybody wins!

Self-employed for sure... likely some sort of small manufacturing in the third world and then importing to the first.
Everybody wins!

using 'Fair Trade' policies right?

By then I'll probably be posted elsewhere - hopefully still in Australia: I really don't want to have to spend more years overseas. There is only one more I promotion I can receive, without entering a different, and more political sphere, which I am not willing to do.

I might just try to retire early - if they'll let me.

Either a fully qualified psychologist/philosopher or a martial arts teacher. I lean more towards the former.

I hope to design airplanes or helicopters in five years, but a more modest goal is to have finished school in 5 years from now:)

In five years I imagine I will have just started my career
not long before that. I imagine I will probably be feeling
slightly stagnant and looking for another place to work
OR I will be happy with my place of employment and be
budding.

In 5 years I will be amassing my labor force to carry out my vision:

achievementdemotivator.jpg