Can one argue sentiments? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can one argue sentiments?

A: I feel that X is how things should be.

B: I don't feel that X is how things should be, I feel that Y is how things should be.

A: Why do you feel that way?

B: Well, because of (insert personal experiences), (insert most valued philosophical perspective).

A: I see. Well, I now understand why you feel that. However, I still feel that X is right and Y is wrong for me.

B: I can see why you feel the way you do, as well. However, I still feel that Y is right and X is wrong for me.

A: I expected as much. Well, this was an enjoyable emotional debate. Let's do this again sometime!

B: Indeed, let's!

Anyway... my personal opinion is that certain feelings can be declared wrong by popular sentiment. If you don't feel the same way as the majority of people on a certain topic, you're wrong.

However, not all feelings can be subject to this.

Last edited:
Feelings are just feelings, nothing more and nothing less.
Feelings will not change things, or make something unreal become real.

There is no right or wrong with feelings.
We should respect whatever feelings a person has...
as they are very real to the person who experience them...

:m093:

A: I feel that X is how things should be.

B: I don't feel that X is how things should be, I feel that Y is how things should be.

A: Why do you feel that way?

B: Well, because of (insert personal experiences), (insert most valued philosophical perspective).

A: I see. Well, I now understand why you feel that. However, I still feel that X is right and Y is wrong for me.

B: I can see why you feel the way you do, as well. However, I still feel that Y is right and X is wrong for me.

A: I expected as much. Well, this was an enjoyable emotional debate. Let's do this again sometime!

B: Indeed, let's!

Anyway... my personal opinion is that certain feelings can be declared wrong by popular sentiment. If you don't feel the same way as the majority of people on a certain topic, you're wrong.

However, not all feelings can be subject to this.

Exactly, I really enjoy discussions like that. Finding what makes people 'tick tock.' :D

Maybe that's why I have a hard time talking to others, because I treat them like lab rats.

:m029: