Bump stocks for guns | Page 33 | INFJ Forum

Bump stocks for guns

I really cant be more clear. Read it again, Im not sure how to make it eaiser to understand. If you think it doesnt apply then it was a waste of my time to type it.

What is clear in the mind of a sociopath?
I can’t answer that for you...only you can.

You’re lame.
And if you go back and look at the order of questioning...never mind, you won’t cause you always assume you’re right which again - is lame.
In the 1930’s the NRA helped FDR with parts of the New Deal that would contain gun control regulations which resulted the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act - the first FEDERAL gun control laws.
This imposed taxes and regulations such as outlawing machine guns, sawed off shotguns, and things like silencers.
Gun owners were required to register with the federal government and outlawed felons from owning guns.

Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

For the next 30 years, the NRA continued to support gun control. By the late 1960s a shift in the NRA platform was on the horizon.

On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. He shot the president with an Italian military surplus rifle purchased from a NRA mail-order advertisement. NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth agreed at a congressional hearing that mail-order sales should be banned stating, “We do think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.” The NRA also supported California’s Mulford Act of 1967, which had banned carrying loaded weapons in public in response to the Black Panther Party’s impromptu march on the State Capitol to protest gun control legislation on May 2, 1967.

The summer riots of 1967 and assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy in 1968 prompted Congress to reenact a version of the FDR-era gun control laws as the Gun Control Act of 1968. The act updated the law to include minimum age and serial number requirements, and extended the gun ban to include the mentally ill and drug addicts. In addition, it restricted the shipping of guns across state lines to collectors and federally licensed dealers and certain types of bullets could only be purchased with a show of ID. The NRA, however, blocked the most stringent part of the legislation, which mandated a national registry of all guns and a license for all gun carriers. In an interview in American Rifleman, Franklin Orth stated that despite portions of the law appearing “unduly restrictive, the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with.”

Here is where things changed...

A shift in the NRA’s platform occurred when in 1971 the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, during a house raid, shot and paralyzed longtime NRA member Kenyon Ballew suspected of stockpiling illegal weapons. The NRA swiftly condemned the federal government. As Winkler points out, following the incident NRA board member and editor of New Hampshire’s Manchester Union Leader William Loeb referred to the federal agents as “Treasury Gestapo”; the association soon appropriated the language of the Panthers insisting that the Second Amendment protected individual gun rights.

For much of the 20th century, the NRA had lobbied and co-authored legislation that was similar to the modern legislative measures the association now characterizes as unconstitutional. But by the 1970s the NRA came to view attempts to enact gun-control laws as threats to the Second Amendment, a viewpoint strongly articulated at last week’s Republican National Convention by current NRA leader Chris Cox. Today’s NRA could be summed up with words uttered by the Black Panther Party 40 years earlier:
“the gun is the only thing that will free us—gain us our liberation.”
Ok thanks. Excellent post. Now if you dont mind answering my question on your statment concerning ammo.

What is clear in the mind of a sociopath?
I can’t answer that for you...only you can.
So now I am a sociopath. Do you mind telling me how you have come to that conclusion and what scientific method you used to make that deduction?

Ok thanks. Excellent post. Now if you dont mind answering my question on your statment concerning ammo.

One of many many sources.

On the other hand, bullets from an AR-15 and weapons similar to it travel almost three times faster than those of a routine handgun. The shooter can cause more damage while being less accurate, and the wounds are often far more lethal.

AR-15 (or ArmaLite 15) rifles are technically designed for sporting use, as they are not fully automatic assault weapons. However, a semi-automatic action is designed for a series of fast, aimed shots on a battlefield. While the magazines are designed to hold 30 rounds, they can be legally reduced through magazine limits. Florida has not implemented any such restrictions.

Somerset said in a recent interview with Global News that the severity of the wounds has less to do with the gun than it does with the ammunition.

“This is not really a property of the rifle itself. It’s a property of the ammunition. A handgun is typically firing a relatively heavy bullet that moves more slowly,” explained Somerset, who said the speed of a handgun’s bullet is “less than the speed of sound.”

“Rifle bullets are typically travelling faster than 2,000 feet per second. They’re supersonic,” he added.

Furthermore, while all rifle bullets have this capability, the ammunition used by the AR-15, a .223 Remington cartridge, travels at approximately 3,000 feet per second and causes a significant cavitation effect — where a bullet is travelling so fast that it sends shock waves through the body and severely damages or kills displaced tissue.

Somerset explains that people can die from bullets in one of two ways: when organs are directly hit as bullets pass through the body or through the cavitation effect.

“The cavitation effect from a handgun is typically not very severe. With rifles, the cavitation injuries can be very severe.” In addition, Somerset says that bullets from a .223 Remington “tend to tumble” through the body, which further worsens the cavitation effect.

Sher adds in her piece that she’s seen a handful of AR-15 wounds in her career, and said exit wounds from rifle bullets can reach the size of an orange.

So now I am a sociopath. Do you mind telling me how you have come to that conclusion and what scientific method you used to make that deduction?
I don’t know...maybe it was that post where you talked (and described in great detail) about how much you would enjoy slowly torturing people while you danced giddily to the “sounds of their screams”.
Yeah, sociopathic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildfire
@Eventhorizon

Now answer my questions.
If you can?

I’ve gone waaaay beyond appeasing your demands to be proven wrong.

Answer the questions I posed or STFU cause you are wrong.

On the other hand, bullets from an AR-15 and weapons similar to it travel almost three times faster than those of a routine handgun. The shooter can cause more damage while being less accurate, and the wounds are often far more lethal.

AR-15 (or ArmaLite 15) rifles are technically designed for sporting use, as they are not fully automatic assault weapons. However, a semi-automatic action is designed for a series of fast, aimed shots on a battlefield. While the magazines are designed to hold 30 rounds, they can be legally reduced through magazine limits. Florida has not implemented any such restrictions.

Somerset said in a recent interview with Global News that the severity of the wounds has less to do with the gun than it does with the ammunition.

“This is not really a property of the rifle itself. It’s a property of the ammunition. A handgun is typically firing a relatively heavy bullet that moves more slowly,” explained Somerset, who said the speed of a handgun’s bullet is “less than the speed of sound.”

“Rifle bullets are typically travelling faster than 2,000 feet per second. They’re supersonic,” he added.

Furthermore, while all rifle bullets have this capability, the ammunition used by the AR-15, a .223 Remington cartridge, travels at approximately 3,000 feet per second and causes a significant cavitation effect — where a bullet is travelling so fast that it sends shock waves through the body and severely damages or kills displaced tissue.

Somerset explains that people can die from bullets in one of two ways: when organs are directly hit as bullets pass through the body or through the cavitation effect.

“The cavitation effect from a handgun is typically not very severe. With rifles, the cavitation injuries can be very severe.” In addition, Somerset says that bullets from a .223 Remington “tend to tumble” through the body, which further worsens the cavitation effect.

Sher adds in her piece that she’s seen a handful of AR-15 wounds in her career, and said exit wounds from rifle bullets can reach the size of an orange.

OMG you LIKED my post....
*dies instantly*
(see that wasn’t so hard to do ((kill me I mean))

Only critique on the history of the NRA positif the National firearms act of 1934 created the classification system and the respective registeries for those classifications. To date ownership of machine guns is legal at the federal level as long as they were registered before the 1986 Hughes amendment.

Reactions: Skarekrow

So a bit of a gun lesson. An AR-15 is a style of rifle. It has nothing at ALL to do with the ammo it fires. It has to do with the internal mechanisms and outside configuration that allows easier connection of things like scopes, lasers, flashlight...grenade launchers ect. The ammo the AR-15 fires is fired through hunting rifles. Get rid of ARs and guns that fire the same ammo just as quickly still remain. You choose the caliber whether it be on an AR-15 or hunting rifle. Whoever wrote this article honestly has no clue what they are talking about. Seriously. This is just one example of misinformation being fed to the masses.
Also, AR does not stand for Assult Rifle. That was a neat little trick liberals played and somehow stuck. AR stands Armalite rifle after the company that designed the platform.

@Eventhorizon

Now answer my questions.
If you can?

I’ve gone waaaay beyond appeasing your demands to be proven wrong.

Answer the questions I posed or STFU cause you are wrong.
Sure. If you can restate them I would appreciate it. That saves me from having to scroll through the entire thread trying to find them.

So a bit of a gun lesson. An AR-15 is a style of rifle. It has nothing at ALL to do with the ammo it fires. It has to do with the internal mechanisms and outside configuration that allows easier connection of things like scopes, lasers, flashlight...grenade launchers ect. The ammo the AR-15 fires is fired through hunting rifles. You choose the caliber whether it be on an AR-15 or hunting rifle. Whoever wrote this article honestly has no clue what they are talking about. Seriously. This is just one example of misinformation being fed to the masses.
Also, AR does not stand for Assult Rifle. That was a neat little trick liberals played and somehow stuck. AR stands Armalite rifle after the company that designed the platform.

Thanks for the lesson I didn’t need.
I did train with certain guns while in the Coast Guard and have gone shooting on more occasions than I can count with friends.

"That was a neat little trick liberals played and somehow stuck.”

Get over your “liberal” nonsense.
There is no “deep state” out to take your guns away and neither do I EH.

Thanks for the lesson I didn’t need.
I did train with certain guns while in the Coast Guard and have gone shooting on more occasions than I can count with friends.

"That was a neat little trick liberals played and somehow stuck.”

Get over your “liberal” nonsense.
There is no “deep state” out to take your guns away and neither do I EH.
You clearly did need the lesson. You posted information that was completely incorrect and I told you how it was incorrect ...so not sure what you are getting at.

Sure. If you can restate them I would appreciate it. That saves me from having to scroll through the entire thread trying to find them.
You didn’t pay me that favor...figure it out for yourself.
Whatever...this is getting old...I’m sure it’s just an excuse not to answer them.
Don’t answer them then...it’s okay if you cannot.

You clearly did need the lesson. You posted information that was completely incorrect and I told you how it was incorrect ...so not sure what you are getting at.
I need no lessons from you.
You are not more intelligent than me....maybe in some areas “yes"...and in others definitely “no”...the problem is you assume it’s in all areas all the time.
You’re a very insulting person who constantly needs reassurance that you are the smartest one of all - which is insane.

What was incorrect?
Why?
Facts please not more hyperbole.

So a bit of a gun lesson. An AR-15 is a style of rifle. It has nothing at ALL to do with the ammo it fires. It has to do with the internal mechanisms and outside configuration that allows easier connection of things like scopes, lasers, flashlight...grenade launchers ect. The ammo the AR-15 fires is fired through hunting rifles. Get rid of ARs and guns that fire the same ammo just as quickly still remain. You choose the caliber whether it be on an AR-15 or hunting rifle. Whoever wrote this article honestly has no clue what they are talking about. Seriously. This is just one example of misinformation being fed to the masses.

AR-15 is a platform the was initially built on the .223 Remington/5.56 NATO standard. There’s this thing called the AR-10 that looks like the AR-15’s bigger brother built on .308/7.62 NATO.

Only recently has the platform for the AR-15 been expanded to include different calibers and the majority of ARs are .223/5.56 with .300AAC blackout being the #2 in my travels

Also scarecrow. Went out of his way to properly name the origin of AR you twit

You didn’t pay me that favor...figure it out for yourself.
Whatever...this is getting old...I’m sure it’s just an excuse not to answer them.
Don’t answer them then...it’s okay if you cannot.

I need no lessons from you.
You are not more intelligent than me....maybe in some areas “yes"...and in others definitely “no”...the problem is you assume it’s in all areas all the time.
You’re a very insulting person who constantly needs reassurance that you are the smartest one of all - which is insane.

What was incorrect?
Why?
Facts please not more hyperbole.
You can post your questions and I will answer them or not post them and I will not answer them after which you can say "you are avoiding my questions." I care not.

As for what was incorrect I specifically addressed the previous article and said what was incorrect about it. This question makes no sense.