Building a best friend | INFJ Forum

Building a best friend

poetrygirl

Community Member
Feb 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
If you could mash buttons or type in what you would want in an ideal best friend (within the confides of physics no half robot snicker bar vending machine friend XD sorry)

What would you type?

My friend:
A person who would truly understand me and I understand them. A friend who would always stick by me but at the same time recognize but my need for space. Someone who I could talk to about meaningful things with but then jump up and do something fun with like go to the movies etc. Someone who at the same time I would meet their expectations for a best friend and they would get the same if not more gratification out of our relationship than I do. Likes the same things I like. Someone who is trustworthy, shares similar values, interest ,and is polite but at the same time able to be honest with me when I'm in a major need of a reality check (which I often am).

-I think that's about it ;I might edit this and add more later. Is it really that much to be asking? I guess so people are people and I'm not the most easily understood person in the world. But even so I feel like I am always looking or waiting a person like this to suddenly walk into my life. Which probably isn't going to ever happen. But to the tune of one of the "My fair lady" songs: "wouldn't it be l-o-v-e-l-l-y". best wishes

1. Is a human being, for easy communication.
2. Owns a cell phone, for mobility.
3. Is rational, for safer travels.

One that stands when I stand, follows me everywhere unless told not to follow, leans their head next to me for love, lays their head across my legs every now and then, keeps unwanted people or animals distant, hears anything at night, uses the bathroom in places I don't usually walk, doesn't kill all my other friends, smart as a fox, agile and magnificent with prowess, wants to play enough to help keep me younger, and loves me with abandon. One that does not lick my face after bathing oneself! Dog is man's best friend.
As for a person.......... Mostly, it would be really great to be understood and accepted as I am, as I would most likely rather have in my actions toward them also.

I wouldn't change my best friend. She's an INTJ and we have absolutely nothing in common. She is basically my opposite, but we understand each other pretty well. Except that I don't understand how can anyone be as unemotional as her (although she denies being emotionless.) I could call her whenever I am sad and she would always make me feel better... typically by making me understand that I'm taking everything way too seriously.
Plus she's really intelligent and we can talk about anything.
And she'd never do anything that would hurt me.

I'm really lucky.

I wouldn't try. Not after my life experiences.

My closest friends sometimes end up being people who I didn't think I would have wanted to associate myself with.

When you go actively looking for such and such qualities, you often overlook the gems which are covered in dirt. Moreover, you might miss good qualities in a person because you're so busy looking for something specific. The same can apply when looking for a significant other.

If you could mash buttons or type in what you would want in an ideal best friend (within the confides of physics no half robot snicker bar vending machine friend XD sorry)

What would you type?

My friend:
A person who would truly understand me and I understand them. A friend who would always stick by me but at the same time recognize but my need for space. Someone who I could talk to about meaningful things with but then jump up and do something fun with like go to the movies etc. Someone who at the same time I would meet their expectations for a best friend and they would get the same if not more gratification out of our relationship than I do. Likes the same things I like. Someone who is trustworthy, shares similar values, interest ,and is polite but at the same time able to be honest with me when I'm in a major need of a reality check (which I often am).

That sounds good, though I might like them to have some separate interests as well, just so we have interesting things to talk about.