breast cancer question | INFJ Forum

breast cancer question

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Why do breasts get cancer more often than many other body parts?

>_> What makes some body parts more prone to cancer than others?

INFJs, share ur wisdomz with me that the rest of the internet couldn't offer

To be honest, I think it's because breasts have the tendency to change so often. Periods, pregnancy, weight gain/loss...all of it has to do with the fat in the breasts. Think about it: Cells have to change often in order to have that much flexibility. So it make sense to me, that the more the cells have to radically change, the more chances there are for abnormal cell growth.

That's my story, anyway.

yeah, i'm gonna go with hormones. estrogen will fuck you up. i am obviously not a doctor.

it seems that all female reproductive organs run the risk of becoming cancerous noreso than other body parts.
i think [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] has the right idea

I promise that I will try to answer this for you after I finish my final exams.

Reactions: barbad0s
I promise that I will try to answer this for you after I finish my final exams.

Thanks. I do have my theories, basically what [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] said , influence of sex hormones constantly changing/growing the cells around there, but I'd be interested in some more solid explanation of there is any. And I assume the reason other body parts get cancer is different. Probably from greater exposure to toxins and trauma, and constant renewal of cells.

Because Aliens probe breasts during abductions; just like prostates and testes...

Actually skin cancer is the most common, followed by prostate cancer, then breast cancer, followed by lung cancer.

I would imagine the reasons are thus:

Skin replicates itself a lot, the way skin recreates itself is a lot like the way cancer itself grows and replicates so it's easy for a mutation to get in there

The prostate and breasts both have a lot of connection to hormones and sexual changes to the body throughout our lives, it makes since mutations could happen here.

Lung cancer is inflated due to smoking the numbers would be vastly lower if people didn't smoke, though there would still be some.

To be honest, I think it's because breasts have the tendency to change so often. Periods, pregnancy, weight gain/loss...all of it has to do with the fat in the breasts. Think about it: Cells have to change often in order to have that much flexibility. So it make sense to me, that the more the cells have to radically change, the more chances there are for abnormal cell growth.

That's my story, anyway.

I read something to the effect of estrogen being a fuel for cancer in post-menopausal women. Fat cells have the ability to produce estrogen, so is it a matter of location? At the same time many post-menopausal women have trouble with belly fat, but that does not seem to be an area of concern. Hmmmm