Breaking News: TOOL of ANTICHRIST tries to DESTROY the Christian Faith | INFJ Forum

Breaking News: TOOL of ANTICHRIST tries to DESTROY the Christian Faith

wonkavision

Community Member
Aug 30, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
?
Well, there's no telling how many people out there think that Jesus is fictional.

But, in a new symposium, billed as "Covert Messiah", a self-professed Biblical scholar goes for the GOLD.

Joseph Atwill is the man behind the symposium, and he plans to prove to the whole WORLD that Jesus is FAKE.

According to THIS ARTICLE: http://news.yahoo.com/self-professed-bible-scholar-makes-explosive-allegation-jesus-133026476.html

Atwill's quoted as saying:

"I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm, but this is important for our culture."

Will his work, one day, be UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED? Or will HE be CONVERTED, one day, to JESUS CHRIST?

Only GOD knows, but in the meantime, he'd better PRAY that GOD will have MERCY on his SOUL.

What do YOU think?

It's so strange to me that in the media those who make the news seem to so often have such conveniently poetic names. It fuels artistic license for the conspiracy theorist, the nihilist, and those who think God simply has a sense of humor. In this case, his name is "Atwill." Maybe it's just me.

I don't think his theory is new and I don't think any amount of supportive reasoning will effect change on those who believe. The effect of this will ultimately be giving new ammo to the forum trolling atheist and providing something new for the apologists to fight. I will make popcorn and watch for it to happen in this thread.

I'm not interested I that, I'm interested in paying the bills and my church contacts are invaluable to me.

I don't think his theory is new and I don't think any amount of supportive reasoning will effect change on those who believe. The effect of this will ultimately be giving new ammo to the forum trolling atheist and providing something new for the apologists to fight. I will make popcorn and watch for it to happen in this thread.

Well, of course it's not new. It's as old as the Garden of Eden.

The serpent hissed the same lie in Eve's ear.

But the point is, this guy is like a FORUM TROLL on STEROIDS. He's PROBABLY an INTP, and the biggest miracle of ALL, is that he ACTUALLY managed enough WILLPOWER to DO SOMETHING.

Too bad he's doing the work of Satan. Otherwise I'd applaud him.

And I agree. It's not really gonna change anything.

P.S.>>>

If you're thinking "Jesus wasn't around back then" you're wrong.

He existed from ALL ETERNITY, as the second Person of the Trinity.

Just thought I'd add that, FYI.

Last edited:
What do YOU think?

I think you're getting really wound up over someone who isn't saying anything that hasn't been said before, and who more importantly has no formal training in literary, historical, or theological scholarship. The guy's a computer programmer, which would be surprising if it weren't for the fact that everything that this guy says is dripping with the kind of neckbearded reddit-style atheist exceptionalist sentiment that you'd get only from the guy who lives with his mom and writes code for a living; the total lack of peer review in any of this guy's work is just the icing on the cake. Atwill is as credible a scholar as I am a molecular physicist.

All that aside, the fact that irreligious viewpoints are actually beginning to get attention and causing a stir among people is a good thing. People should ask themselves more often if religion (indeed, any facet of culture or society) is as important as they think it is.

it's a bit dramatic.

All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

The faith and the Word shall endure.

Don't take my name in vain.

Haha, this is funny. This is going to be hot. Very...hot. All throughout its duration.
I see what he meant though. Romans turning to psychological warfare...the only problem with that is I believe the Pharisees and Sadducees and others opponents of Jesus would have jumped on the boat with following this guy (i.e Jesus). But they were very opposed to him. The whole trial of Jesus was illegal, in fact. But it killed the guy so I don't think they cared too much. Another flaw is that why haven't the majority of Jews today become Christian? If it were widely accepted and believed, throughout their nation, why do some Jews believe Messiah (or Christ) hasn't come yet? And, haha, that would've been very smart of the Romans because when 30 c.e. rolled around, the Jews paying attention were expecting someone to fulfill their prophecies, that a Jewish man named Jesus did, in fact, meet.

I can see the truth in Atwill's quote. We do need to question things from time to time. In fact, that's what has progressed us. "Hey, based on some observations...maybe the Earth isn't flat." Duh-duh-DUUHH. And I firmly believe we need to question our faith. If we profess to be Christian, yet have doubts on Jesus, himself's, existence...what kinda of Christian does that make us? You need to prove to yourself that your faith is sound and if it has some serious holes, it's probably not the right one.
Given you have a spiritual awareness and like to act on that.

When I first read thread title:

[video=youtube;_z2O289Jemo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2O289Jemo[/video]

After re-reading thread title:

Religious-Mom-Meme-atheism-31819879-350-411.jpg

Thoughts:

blew,my,mind,exploding,head,funny,nt,scanners-962c0c30733e427cae03ef5e3fa0f0e3_m.jpg

I wouldn't worry, even if Jesus wasn't real, it's more about the message of loving your neighbor, treating everyone with fairly, do-the-right-thing and self-control, right?

Right?

Reactions: SealHammer
... It's as old as the Garden of Eden.

The serpent hissed the same lie in Eve's ear.

I don't think they are sharing in the same lie.

As usual, I have no idea what you mean.

How can you usually have no idea what I am talking about? Granted that last joke may have been over your head but I am usually pretty clear. What I was referring to is that many people will not care one way or the other what an atheist has to say, they go to church for the fellowship and not the historical accuracy of Jesus. Even I, who has probably slipped into leading the minimalist if even christian at all lifestyle do not regard an atheist as an honest historian or even a subject matter expert. To me its ust "Oh an atheist doesnt believe in god? Surprise, surprise! Moving on..."

Reactions: SealHammer
If any INTP, INTJ, ENTP or whatever P and J sandwiches were watching the History Channel (WHICH I KNOW IS THEIR GUILTIEST PLEASURE!), they would know that the existence of Jesus Christ was real, even though the narrator continually says,"No one really knows...blah blee blew". They've even dived into subjects concerning the afterlife of heaven and hell. They continually prove that point! It's up for atheists/nonbelievers to accept it as truth or leave it alone entirely.

It seems that Etwill is another radical atheist, trying to PROVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD, which seems harder than to believe in this particular faith. Like, why exhaust yourself to try to make people lose hope and faith?

Oh yeah and for those people who seem to be easily swayed by this topic/article that quickly switched to being an atheist, you weren't a Christian anyway!

Atwill's view doesn't account for the fact that most of the early missionary activity of the Apostles was directed towards non-jews; and that a significant amount of Apostolic activity took place outside the Roman Empire.