Book of Eli | INFJ Forum

Book of Eli

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I was very surprised by the fact that this film is a spiritual allegory, and each character represents a different facet.

Very deep and moving actually. Don't expect an action block buster by any means, but I give this film an A-, and I am a very harsh critic.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, the trailer's very misleading then ^^" I thought it was going to be mostly action with only a thin plot-line, but I think I'll go see it now :)
Thanks!

Wow, the trailer's very misleading then ^^" I thought it was going to be mostly action with only a thin plot-line, but I think I'll go see it now :)
Thanks!

Despite the language and violence, this film has an extremely Christian theme. Again, I was very surprised. I was also surprised to find out that Denzel directed it.

There is a lot to be interpreted from this film, many ideas and notions are left up to the audience which is really a great aspect to it. Sadly, I fear many people will be disappointed by the movie due to the misleading trailers. There is a lot to dig in to philosophically here, but the masses will most likely walk away just feeling let down. It's not a bad movie by any means, it's just that you'll get more out of it by really thinking about the themes rather than mindlessly eating up the action sequences.

It is actually a film you'll want to watch at least twice if you really get into it.

That considered, I now might go to see this movie.