Biden's 'Racial Jungle' | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Biden's 'Racial Jungle'

Is It Racist?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, he always struck me as an NT.

I didn't listen to him much, but I agree with ENTJ. He is quite smart, talkative and assertive but can also play the politics game well, show empathy when needed etc.

I quite like him. A decent leader and a good calming presence in these times. He's not living in denial but also remains positive and optimistic, IF the right steps are taken.

Yeah, I like him too. These days when you're French president you basically have no chance of being popular in the polls because society is fragmented and there is a distrust of leadership, but I actually think he's not doing too badly even at that level. And he's had to face serious challenges (the yellow vests in particular). I think he wants to continue to reform the country as much as possible but he has to make sure that this won't lead to some kind of social explosion or revolution.

I think at this point he knows that one of the keys is simply to work on his messaging and image. A lot of people resent him because he gives the vibe of being a member of the technocratic elite. They think 'he used to work for Rotschild, he's clearly working for the banks' etc. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you look at it in more detail but it has to be taken into account if he wants his messaging about policy to be inclusive.

When he began as president I think he was too optimistic about people understanding the point of his vision and being willing to make short-term sacrifices for it (via reform). But I hope and do believe that he is maturing. I will most likely vote for him again in 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pin and philostam
giphy.gif

Remember what he was doing? I do.

Racism can simmer or boil, but will never go away in these times. Too many idiots making mountains out of molehills will see to it. Poor leadership among races wants to be sure of it so they can "get" more, and too many folks tired of spending their tax dollars on people that exploit it and want more. The stories I could tell from being in business would startle the mind. Truth is, hatred and abuse are constantly exploited for gain.

Reactions: Reason and Sandie33
I'm not keen on parsing utterances, nor drawing major conclusions from single statements from the past, but I do definitely get the creeps when out of boredom I tune into American politics.

The democrats perpetually have race and ethnicity constantly on their minds in a way which does not seem healthy.

When I try to reverse intuit the kinds of thought processes which produce narratives about black oppression, Latino discrimination, immigrant alienation, etc, I can only imagine a person trying to identify a voter base, and how to serve them, with a lot of skin colour generalisations standing in the way of more clearly seeing issues which they can campaign on.

"Black people are oppressed" is a generalisation from a mind that favours generalisations. Some black people are oppressed, some aren't, and some are oppressors. To dismiss the complicated reality in communities, bundling everyone into one problem, designated by ethnicity seems racist to me.

Any speech or opinion with "The .......community", where the blank is some inherited trait automatically makes me uncomfortable. First of all, because it even assumes that there is a black community in any way distinguishable from the broader community, except for skin colour.

I anticipate that I might be rebuffed by the fact that different ethnicities do have different socioeconomic situations. I acknowledge this, but am critical of the causality behind it.

Black people were in slavery, partly because of people viewing them as a different group to other people, centred on their different ethnicity.

Black people then had different civil liberties, mostly because of people viewing them as a different group, exclusively separated based on their ethnicity.

Now black people have different government treatment, funding, and programs, again because some people think in terms of generalisation centred around ethnicity.

At some point, the question must be posed: is the problem anything other than people who think in terms of ethnicity and in generalisation?

And as a finally point, to tie this to my opening, who in america talks about races, ethnicities, and minorities ceaslessly, and jealously guards their generalising narrative centred on skin colour?

It gives me the creeps.

Reactions: Reason
this country is fundamentally flawed. . stolen from the natives. . so all those folks screaming for people of color to go back to where they came from are completely full of shit. the white europeans murdered and slaughtered there way into this place. . then, bought blacks to build it for them. . .then we started claiming our high moral values while slaves built the nations capital. . we have a lot to atone for , and until we do, there will be no peace. .

this country is fundamentally flawed. . stolen from the natives. . so all those folks screaming for people of color to go back to where they came from are completely full of shit. the white europeans murdered and slaughtered there way into this place. . then, bought blacks to build it for them. . .then we started claiming our high moral values while slaves built the nations capital. . we have a lot to atone for , and until we do, there will be no peace. .
All those people are dead, Aneirin, and their children do not inherit their guilt. Guilt is not transmitted by race.

You have nothing to atone for.

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black"
Biden 2020

If he said that about Asian people I would not vote for him.

Who is we? You can atone all you like but don't get me involved.My family came to this country to escape communism and had nothing to do with whatever came before. If you expect me to atone and will not give me peace, you are going to have a bad day.

Who is we? You can atone all you like but don't get me involved.My family came to this country to escape communism and had nothing to do with whatever came before. If you expect me to atone and will not give me peace, you are going to have a bad day.
I didn't mention you. . so I'm not sure what your issue is. what I am referring to is Europeans that came here. .

My background for some perspective...
I'm one of those straight white males that are supposedly hated (key word being supposedly). I've had the privilege of being raised in quite a diverse area where all races are represented (Metro Detroit, esp. Dearborn has the highest Arabic/Muslim population in America) and got to meet people & make friends of all different backgrounds and races. I've even been engaged to a black woman in the past.

I'm just glad that as someone of my demographic, I was raised in an environment to love and tolerate all differences and additionally learn about extensively about black culture. As such, I rarely have a problem interacting with others of a different background and culture. Many of these implicit biases and "microaggressions" as the "SJWs" call them are likely learned behaviors. Probably as a result from the social environment that one is raised within. It's important to always be receptive and be open-minded with different cultures and ideas, even if they seem offensive and weird to you. If you show understanding without prejudice, they'll probably reciprocate understanding of your ideas (key word being probably). I really wish more people were receptive like this, but then again I don't experience the culture shock phenomenon like many others do so maybe I'm expecting a bit much here.

My impression of Biden is ever increasing in positivity as I learn more about him. To me, he was someone that seemed to approach politics in good faith and appears to be quite a loving character that means well. He's made mistakes like everyone else has and the difference between many of his demographic is that he's seemed to have learned from those mistakes and grown as a person. To me, that is a positive trait.

Anyways with all of that said, I've noted the above because my perspective will be probably be a bit different than most within my demographic because of my background. As for my opinion, I personally don't find what Biden said racist at all. Yes, it was a poor choice of words so I'll concede on that front. While I can't know for sure and I can only speculate...I think Biden just simply didn't want children to grow up in a society where we're all conditioned to not trust others of a different background and culture. That was my impression when reading that quote.

Anyways, I felt that I had to add a little background of myself so others will understand my perspective and of course, some context and history. I am rarely concise about any fucking thing as you all are finding out. :laughing: So if it's TL;DR, you're missing out.

Reactions: Wyote and acd
A lot of people don't understand that if you are defensive about your own "race" you are a racist. Biden was not being defensive. He was calling out the tension around the systemic white racists in this country. He used poor wording for sure but he does that a lot.

I put quotes around "race" because it really has no meaning other than a means to divide and perpetuate violence. Yes the fact that a minority of people with dark skin make up the majority of incarcerated individuals in the U.S. has a reason. The primary reason being a preponderance of insecure and overly defensive (e.g. Trump) white men.

Reactions: Sandie33