Biden's 'Racial Jungle' | INFJ Forum

Featured Biden's 'Racial Jungle'

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Reason, Aug 5, 2020.

Share This Page

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
More threads by Reason
  1. Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-racial-jungle-quote/

Joe Biden, 1977:
    “Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle [emphasis added] with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”

Is this racist? And is Biden a racist in general?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sandie33

Sandie33 Love Often & Absolutely ♡
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    Imho, Biden is what I call a generation bigot. Yes, and Racist. However, he's come along way from what he once was and with the statement above it sounds like he's calling everyone out to make a change. For them to look in the mirror and accept their personal position on Racism and then do something about it.
    The callout being for America, and the world in general, to put aside the idea that there is some sorting criteria that one human is some how above, or greater, than another human. (Thanks Darwin for seperating the classes and the masses, *said with deep sarcasm.)

It's time to break that repetitive generational curse. I think Biden is trying to convey a message that we all need to hear. That in accepting, whether some like it or not, we are indeed all equal in all measures, it's what we do with it that causes seperations and segregations and the great divide, be it color, creed, social-economic standing, or any other criteria humans have made up to say I'm better than You.

For example, a bit of American history. The Mississippi River was referred to The Great Divide after the Civil War. It was refferred as such because every one who didn't like Lincoln's freedom stance could pack up and move west, and they did.

Division has been in this country since the first man set foot on the dirt and disrupted the natives, the aboriginal inhabitants. It can be compared to Australia and Queensland through seeing how it's historical population was established. The dirt was more important than the people that lived on it to those that wanted it. Why did they want it? Greed. It was a money maker. Invading populations have had this same mindset for eons; they couldn't all control it so they drove out others and took it over as their own.

We can see the pattern being repeated in modern day wars that are still fought because one group sees something the other group has and they want it, and by whatever means necessary they are going to have it.

This is also obvious in racism.

Racism is learned and can be unlearned. Once an individual digs deep to analyze their personal stance, their beliefs, regarding racism, accept it, and live from that perspective instead of what society assumes we should do change will come.
    It make take generations, but it will come.

Racism isn't just a black thing, it's a LACK thing. A lack of standing up for the rights in the world, by rights I mean acceptance of the goodness of human kind. Working together towards equalities in all facets of life not just the division of color. All the values and beliefs that aren't attached to money and status...the classes and the masses are a divisionary ideology that is long beyond being outdated.

Personally, I don't agree with either of my choices of leadership candidates. It doesn't sit well with me that I am going to be forced to chose the lesser of two evils yet again.

Skarekrow, Aneirin, thbxhs and 8 others like this.
  3. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat
    I don't know much about him generally but that quote, to me, is not racist.

What I took from it is that society has the potential to regress to the 'law of the jungle', which is true of any society, and that this is most likely to occur in America due to racial tensions. Pointing out that there is such a thing as racial tension, and that this can reach catastrophic levels, is not in itself racist.

I struggle with this idea myself because people, mostly politicians admittedly, in the UK bang on about how multi-culturalism is this great thing and I would tend to disagree. I think it is an inevitable thing and a natural thing as the world becomes more and more easily connected, but there seems to be this naive view that because it is the right thing ultimately for everyone to co-mingle that there ought to be no misgivings along the way and that is the problem I have.

I've never gotten a strong sense of what exactly the 'English culture' is besides tea and the Queen...maybe Morris dancing, too. With that in mind, despite my ancestry being Irish, I do see where people are coming from when they express unhappiness with multi-culturalism being forced upon them because, in reality, it is only the working class and lower who have to experience the full impact of it. It's a big change to expect people to go through quietly in one or two generations, especially if they have roots in an area for many generations, and if anything, I think that this branding of people as racist for being unable to articulate what their misgivings are precisely is what causes the more black-and-white thinking to emerge and ferment.

The quote reminded me of Enoch Powell and his 'Rivers of Blood' speech, which, again, I don't see as racist in and of itself. As far as I am aware, it was pointing out a potential danger. The measures that can be taken to avoid calamity may well be very racist but pointing out that there may be trouble ahead if we don't address tensions is not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pin

Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    I feel like it could be interpreted as racist outside of context, also, Biden is prone to gaffes. That said, I don't believe that Biden consciously believes that one race of people is superior to another.

Skarekrow, Misty, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  5. noisebloom

noisebloom theory conspirer
    Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    maybe - i think he's primarily a derp

6. Roses In The Vineyard

Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Biden's racist freudian slips are well documented going back decades but as always with the democratic party history gets white washed whenever it suits them. They should have chosen Sanders instead of dementia anyway as what they are doing constitutes elderly abuse.

7. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    [​IMG]
    But yes Sanders would have been preferable.

#7 acd, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Skarekrow, Misty, Wildfire and 3 others like this.
  8. Pin

Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    :laughing:

Skarekrow, Misty, Hostarius and 3 others like this.
  9. Sloe Djinn

Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    SOCMOB
    Enneagram:
    This provides further context to the backdrop at the time, though it is through the lens of the Washington Post. I think that the answer to Reason's question about that specific statement would have best been obtained then and there, but we can't go back to ask him to elaborate. (Edit: I would not put it past him, or anyone, but I can’t say for sure, and often times when people are put on the spot in the moment, they may say something more telling of their true motivations). Outside of that, I think that people of all races may have had understandable misgivings about how busing might affect their kids' education. Busing is not a perfect solution to the problem of equal opportunity in education, and honestly, I would probably be fearful for my kids if they were to get sent to a far away school where they might experience hostility based upon their race. The reasons behind any given person’s reluctance to integration in that form could very well include racist beliefs, but fear of racial tension or discrimination is also a legitimate reason to be worried.

#9 Sloe Djinn, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Sandie33

Sandie33 Love Often & Absolutely ♡
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    Bingo! True sign of masking ;)

Skarekrow, Misty, Wildfire and 3 others like this.
  11. OP
    Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I have a hard time deciding whether or not it's racist... I do think that given his other race based gaffes over the years it makes it very hard to determine one way or another.

12. Roses In The Vineyard

Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Cold drink and snacks.

Hostarius likes this.
  13. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat

14. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    The debates are going to be out of control lol.

15. noisebloom

Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    they will be worse than any nic cage movie

ruji, Skarekrow, Misty and 5 others like this.
  16. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Nic Cage needs to moderate!

ruji, Skarekrow, Misty and 5 others like this.
  17. noisebloom

Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    [​IMG]

Skarekrow, just me, Misty and 5 others like this.
  18. slant

slant Sedated slanty

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    As much as I don't like Biden as a candidate, it's this type of nitpicking that I detest the media does 24/7 to Trump and I'm not a fan of it being utilized against Biden, either. I don't so much care what Biden says minute to minute as much as what his legislative history says about him and what stances he is currently taking on issues.

Just as I think Trump has some sort of disorder like Adhd or similar that makes him unable to censor himself and impulsive, Biden has been actually diagnosed with a speech disorder and so a lot of his stuttering and inability to form sentences is a result of this. I sympathize with him on that because I think I have the same thing; this sort of "stutter" where words are slippery in your mouth and you even sometimes say similar words that sound like the one you mean to say, then you have to correct yourself. Mine is so bad that I actually switch vowels in a sentence.

That was a bit of a tangent, but I don't think Biden has memory issues more than any other person his age. His speech disorder just makes it seem worse.

In terms of Biden's character he is a "party Democrat", and we can expect him to follow the footsteps of the Obama and Clinton administration in passing legislation that diminishes Americans rights like the indefinite detention act Obama passed, exponential deportation of illegal immigrants (3.2 million under Obama more than any other president), and the continual invasion of other countries to feed the military industrial complex (Trump has been heavily criticized for withdrawing troops whereas Obama dropped so many bombs we ran out).

So am I excited for the globalist Democrats to take charge? Not really. Although I will say it's possible that at this point the military industrial complex is something we're trapped in unless we remove it from the entire world at the same time which is why Bernie Sanders ideology wouldn't really result in much more than making America vulnerable to takeover by other superpowers. Although Trump ran on protectionism, those ideals aren't realistic to keep us safe so he has had to rely on imposing a lot of taxes on international trade in an attempt to subvert actual war which I think is smart. A financial war is always preferable over one with military force. We go to Biden we go back to boots on the ground and bombs because money money money.

Luckily, I don't think Biden will win.

In the Wings and Hostarius like this.
  19. OP
    Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I think you mean better

Edit: I wouldn't miss the debates for anything lol

20. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I think we should just make it a wwe cage match between Trump and Biden because they both are equally belligerent. (And Nic Cage refs.)

Skarekrow, Asa, Misty and 4 others like this.