Best online dating profile for attracting NFs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Best online dating profile for attracting NFs?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by worthy, Mar 4, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
More threads by worthy
  1. Sloe Djinn

Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access. Puts Tabasco on Pizza.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    SOCMOB
    Enneagram:
    A54C3EC6-880D-40A2-B203-0EFC4FF1F44F.jpeg Test driving porches :m131:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    neko and ClevelandINTP like this.
  2. ClevelandINTP

ClevelandINTP Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    7, 4, 8 and2
  3. Sloe Djinn

Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access. Puts Tabasco on Pizza.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    SOCMOB
    Enneagram:
    Sorry, you currently need: One more post(s) to have the last word.

Outtie5000.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    worthy

worthy Newbie

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Thanks, @StRoNgO! Processing slowly and deeply, as is my way. Made two "connections" (rolleyes) this week; one expired before I realized it was there, and the other one didn't respond to my message and the conversation expired. I am thinking more about what words I might put in my profile about myself that would be the kinds of things *I* (therefore, presumably someone who is LIKE me) would respond to. Maybe I've been thinking too much about how to mold myself to what other people might respond to -- the old chameleon effect, except with no clear idea of what I might be playing to.

Also I have been thinking about what words I use in my initial message when a connection is made. So far none have gone anywhere, except one I accidentally swiped right on and followed through as an exercise to see what the whole thing looked like from start to finish. It wasn't a good match and fizzled within a day or two, but it was good to at least see that it can happen. Anyway, my strategy thus far has been to acknowledge something of interest that indicates I actually read their entire profile and then ask either a deep-thought or an intelligent quirky/silly question. I would like to think "someone like me" would take that bait. But nobody has yet.

One of the best things I've gotten so far about my deep-dive into INFJ info online (like this site) has been feeling more secure in how I don't play the game the way other people do. Maybe it's okay if I'm not getting more matches, if the right one does eventually come along. I've spent my life berating myself for feeling like a social failure and trying to find ways to fix it by changing myself. I am starting to get some solid perspective on how that isn't true, even if I don't get matches or go on dates. Hard to put into words. Anyway, that's where I'm at today...

StRoNgO and Asa like this.
  5. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

@Wyote was probably waiting for me to do this.

Wyote, ClevelandINTP and Daustus like this.
  6. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

I always agree with your dating advice about focusing on making yourself a better person, but in this case parts of your post don't work for people in @worthy's (and my) age group. The men we'd be interested in have already achieved what you're going after and are "middle aged". While the rules of bettering self still apply, there are some key differences.

Love it! And yes: more ≠ better.

If the people who contact you are a better match, quantity is irrelevant. :) (Of course you know, just encouraging.)

I like your exercise of swiping right on someone who doesn't seem like a good match just to see where it goes. It is brave, and gives you practice, plus you never know.

7. Pin

Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    Hmm, fair enough.

What are these key differences that should be accounted for?

Wyote and Asa like this.
  8. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    @Pin
    Hmmmm, I don't know what @worthy is looking for, specifically. Middle aged people should have succeeded at some life and career goals, and come to terms with some that were not realized. A healthy attitude about that is key, as well as a "readjustment of the sails" for future achievements. Where we've been, vs where we thought we'd be are often different places, and a person needs to embrace that. At the same time, I think achievements are less important that the overall mindset and wellness of the individual and their attitude toward life. Older people are often stuck in their ways, too, so finding someone truly compatible is essential. Working on self often means inner self in this case.

Worthy may say something different.

My own point of view is all second hand, and based on what I value in myself, my partner and friends. If I were single I wouldn't date. (Why?: Because I've spent a lifetime knowing someone more intimately than anyone else, and nobody can live up to that. Because I've spent most of my life in relationships and while I'm happy to continue doing so, he is completely worth it, while filtering through a bunch of strangers is not.)

Wyote, ClevelandINTP and Pin like this.
  9. ClevelandINTP

ClevelandINTP Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    7, 4, 8 and2
    I like fugazi

Asa and Wyote like this.
  10. OP
    worthy

worthy Newbie

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Well, whaddaya know. I got a mutual like and a bit of chatting with someone today. I am appropriately jaded, at least enough that I'm not heart-aflutter or having any illusions or fantasies. It is a good chance to give what I've learned about online dating a whirl.

Sometimes you just have to shake your fist at the universe to get things moving, yk?

JamieUK92 likes this.
  11. JamieUK92

JamieUK92 Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    In denial
    Enneagram:
    Not sure
    91D081CB-73BD-4FE7-B2E7-B478AA2F94E6.gif

worthy likes this.