Being Explosive... | INFJ Forum

Being Explosive...

Travo7

Community Member
Nov 8, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Sometimes when I get angry enough at someone, I will sort of explode. Not violently or anything, just verbally, as in saying something quietly and rather bluntly, which sometimes can make me feel bad in retrospect (and sometimes not:)). I feel it very intensely at the moment, even though on the outside there may not be any visible signs of an "explosion".

Like, for example, some people I know think things of me that are untrue, for whatever reason, but I can live with that.
Now, when they approach me about it and verbalize something like, "Man, you are just like that because you are (insert false notion here)", as if I didn't know they thought that already, it really ticks me off, and I will surprise myself with what comes out of my mouth.

I don't even know why I posted the majority of this, but yeah, basically:

Do any others "explode" occasionally (I am assuming we all do for one reason or another, but I am asking anyway)?

And what brings it on for you?

Reference my personal blog about teh volcano analogy.

This is a response to a build up of stress.

Little things that add up..and add up....and add up. And finally, something little triggers a cascading explosion.

The first post on my blog is 'Problems With Blowing Up' LOL

jump into the Member blogs and read through Sumones.

See look at that Sumone...You totally should be a Mod....

haha! I just reread your volcano post alcyone and it is very, very good!

Wow, you guys are awesome.
I loved reading your blogs! I actually took in a deep breath after I finished them.
They were so refreshing to read.

thank you both so much for posting the links. :)

I don't tend to implode/explode to others, frustration is the extent of what others see and even then it’s only briefly, anything more either dissipates quickly or I release through writing.

I will explode or implode when the time is necessary and of great importance. When people start running their mouth and assuming things, then yeah I get a little defensive. And I can't predict what I'm going to say and later I'm shocked about what I said.

I have explosions - or as I refer to them 'truth attacks'! Things slowly build up over a number of months or even years. I do my best to let people know what I'm wanting/meaning or thinking about something, but in such a roundabout nice way that they don't pick up on it. Eventually it all gets too much and somebody goes too far in their actions towards me and I loose it, one thing comes out followed by every little observation and annoyance. The truth as I see it.

Exploding! This has only happened to me once with friends [ generally don't have friends anymore that I give too much of a shit about, at the moment] and many, many times with family. This happens to me when I ignore issues that are occurring, or rather, don't solve them. I'll just try to cope with some issue I'm having with another person and randomly when we're in a petty disagreement I will burst out with mean, hurtful words.

My tatic of anger usually deals with analysis of other people [ which are usually quite accurate, if not exagerrated a bit] where I tell them their flaws in a rather rude and blunt way, intended to hurt the other person and make them feel pain. Later, much, much later, I will feel remorse for my actions and usually will make up with them [ can't stand to be 'at odds' with anyone, as long as we're peaceful then it's okay].

I don't know if it's normal to size up your friends like victims. XD

Normally I try to be patient with people and things. However I do go off times.

I kicked a chair over in my studio and yelled a few swear words. I had spilled gamsol (chemical I use to clean my brushes and thin paint) and cleaned it up. I kept myself calm. After I cleaned it up I knocked up a big glass of water and flooded my studio. Thats when I kicked over the chair and let out a few words that would make a sailor blush. ^^

Turn in your halo Ros....

You can earn it back with some good behavior

;)

I lost my halo a long time ago. I dont have any shame any more. ^^

I can be as my friend Rob says "You are a very intense person" Sorry I will shoot my mouth off at you if I disagree with ya. If ya can't take it STFU. People can think what they want of me. Like Rosenrot I lost my halo a long time ago and I will wear it from time to time. I prefer to keep most people I meet in person at a distance. Most of the time I can tell from the first 5 min's of talking to you if I will like you or not. It's true must be intuition.

Sometimes when I get angry enough at someone, I will sort of explode. Not violently or anything, just verbally, as in saying something quietly and rather bluntly, which sometimes can make me feel bad in retrospect (and sometimes not:)). I feel it very intensely at the moment, even though on the outside there may not be any visible signs of an "explosion".

Like, for example, some people I know think things of me that are untrue, for whatever reason, but I can live with that.
Now, when they approach me about it and verbalize something like, "Man, you are just like that because you are (insert false notion here)", as if I didn't know they thought that already, it really ticks me off, and I will surprise myself with what comes out of my mouth.

I don't even know why I posted the majority of this, but yeah, basically:

Do any others "explode" occasionally (I am assuming we all do for one reason or another, but I am asking anyway)?

And what brings it on for you?

I've punched a hole in a wall, assaulted a female member of my family (I was younger, but she was younger than me at that time, I didn't hit her hard but I felt like shit), and I've broken numerous video game controllers. Yeah, I had anger issues >.>

I can be as my friend Rob says "You are a very intense person" Sorry I will shoot my mouth off at you if I disagree with ya. If ya can't take it STFU. People can think what they want of me. Like Rosenrot I lost my halo a long time ago and I will wear it from time to time. I prefer to keep most people I meet in person at a distance. Most of the time I can tell from the first 5 min's of talking to you if I will like you or not. It's true must be intuition.

Yeah, I have this problem with people who are too friendly, too extraverted too quickly, and who think you're weird if you're not. Those are usually the type of people who I like too keep at a distance, to my own detriment sometimes.