Being direct vs. flirting? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Being direct vs. flirting?

I am completely backwards and I am terrible at games. I only flirt when I have little interest in pursuing and have a mild attraction. When I really want someone and it is past the crush stage, I cannot stay away. It takes me a long time to get to that point but when I do, I am very direct.

i'm horrible at distinguishing regular friendliness from flirting so I prefer direct!

Reactions: rawr
Well, the way I see it, as nice as it is to know where you stand with someone, there is something to be said about someone driving in from out of left field and dumping their intentions on me like a pile of cinder blocks. It's friggin' fantastic that you've had time to figure out your feelings about me, but I don't know how I feel about you yet and I'm sure you'd like an answer sooner rather than later since, you know, it probably wasn't easy opening up like that. Unless I've already made up my mind about you, however, being on the receiving end of the direct approach, I'm feeling a bit pressured to come up with an answer.

Flirting kind of allows you to take things for a test drive without actually telling anyone it's a test drive. You give both people a chance to see if there's chemistry, or even build some, so when someone finally works up the nerve to say 'hey, I like you're face, let's mambo,' there's a foundation. The other person can say, 'hey, yeah, I enjoyed interacting with you at that playful-romantic level, let's make it real...' or.... 'errr, I have a better idea, let's not.'

Of course, there are ways flirting can go haywire. Some people are afraid of commitment and use flirting as a way to keep their options open... or they just plain enjoy the sport of it. When they run into one of those 'I'd eventually like to come to a point where we see where we stand' people, that's where the problems start.

Me, I prefer having flirtin come to an apex where things get serious and then directness is needed from at least one party.

Direct flirtation. As direct as possible, but still flirting.

best results that way.

stage 1- flirt to see if there's chemistry.
stage 2- directness to wash away any ambiguity about what's going on.
stage 3- flirting to sustain what you have.

I prefer to flirt indefinitely

Mobius-flirting.
mobius124157079-a79d-4c7c-acca-c50ba4ca5386large.jpg

I want to flirt infidelity.

flirt to combustion.

I hate flirting because it can be completely insincere and one of us gets the wrong idea when it turns out that is how the other communicates with most members of the opposite/same sex.

Then I'm all like... wait, does he want to get with me, or what!? Generally, it's not JUST me... nomsayin'??

I tend to view unnecessary touching as flirting, but people will never admit that is what they are doing, in my experience.

I like both. Flirting directly. :m105: I'm horrible at flirting though... :m187:

I'm horrible at flirting. :D Just realizing how bad I am.

Guy: hey, you're cute (or sexy)
Me: (*clueless) I'm sorry, what?
Guy: You're hot
Me: Really? (grins like an idiot). Thanks *looks away* crickets

Edit: is it just me or does anyone else get that deer in headlights look when someone is flirting with them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Free
It's easy for me to flirt in a rather playful and ambiguous sort of way, and usually only with friends whom I'm comfortable with, as everyone knows it's just me being playful. I am much more direct in order to get what I desire. It really is case by case though and just depends on the person and the situation. Flirting can be a great tool to get someone out of their shell a little, or to break the ice. But since I tend to flirt with friends and in a casual manner, it's often never taken seriously. It's viewed as just part of my humor or personality. So, I have learned to be direct.

me: "Take off your pants."
s.o.: "Wat? o_O"
me: "Now."

^true story

I am so much more shy than I let on to be. I'm a terrible flirt. I greatly appreciate directness in others and also secretly despise them for having the confidence to be that way, lol.

Flirting is a waste of time.

I treat relationships like business and have a checklist.

Thus far flirting and being direct does not work.

But regardless of whether the methods work, I prefer directness, because flirting comes off to me as superficial.

I prefer directness initially. But I have been known to flirt in private. I'm definitely more capable of flirting if the relationship has progressed passed a certain point (a year or so).

Basically... If I feel comfortable with the person, I will flirt in my own subtle way.

(Depends, lol)

I am so direct I think it ends up sabotaging me, either they run off like the last guy, or they take advantage and hurt me. My problem is that I can't stop being direct, I feel like it is who I am, and if I am not I lose a part of myself. Sure results in a lot of pain at times though...

It depends, would asking, "Would you like to copulate with me?" be considered being direct or flirting?

flirting could be dangerous.. after a while girls seem to think alot (never met an infj before).. and their whole discussion/flirting is pretty much predictive and revolves around the many incidents you throw during earlier days.. and then the spiral start either they start bugging you with everything or seek revenge.. some girls cant simply handle it, makes them suspicious/insecure of themselves.. so a big breaker on fishing nets until the girl is wearing the look of on the other side.. go on direct!