Autism Spectrum Test

problemz

Community Member
Jun 6, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
SX 4 or 5
My therapist asked me the other day if I am on the Autism Spectrum. She was joking, I guess. I looked to see if there is a test, and there is:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

I came out with a 32 which is a sign of autism. Who knew?

People are surprised to find me stock still in a room not moving for minutes at a time. I am thinking about something. But I look like a lizard I guess to others, and it freaks them out! Once I stayed still for ten minutes while thinking and my whole family was looking at me and one even snapped a pic. It's freaky! Plus I often talk out loud to myself when this happens! But I must be high functioning because I have a job, and am well liked, and am paying all my bills.

I wonder if this makes me more likely to be a five. Do fours do this? I have never been able to decide between four and five. I have deep feelings, but they just don't show very often except when I am with someone that I love and trust. Otherwise, I think I seem to have no feelings at all. But I do have them all the time. But the most difficult thing is to have a schism in my thought process when I can't understand something. I get paralyzed and stand still and repair the schism until I have a new understanding. Do other INFJS experience themselves as suddenly still as a lizard, looking inward, and going over something in their minds until it makes sense?? I have done it for up to an hour. I am just not available during that time. I try to get to a place where I am not seen, and then suddenly - process. It might take only two minutes but during that time, I can't participate in daily life. It might take an hour or more, and during that time, other people might see me, but I can't see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: dudemanbro
I got 14, which I think means no. Someone once suggested to me that I might be autistic spectrum (Asperger's syndrome) because I often feel like an outsider or a spy in a group and can often be a bit zoned out like a space cadet. What you describe sounds familiar to me in this way--I spend a lot of time analyzing and I think to other people I sometimes seem catatonic. But I think using these as indicators for autistic spectrum overlooked the counter indicators that I'm very interested in people, good at reading body language and expression, and have a love for language and meaning.

Because it was suggested to me, I did look into it though, of course. There is a community called Wrong Planet that you might check out. I had also joined some mailing lists. I learned more about people and grew from it so I don't regret it or anything but I didn't at all feel like it was a fit for me.

One thing I did come to appreciate is that many of the behaviors and ways of thinking that we call autistic are an innate part of the person. Some of these things give them a unique perspective and may make them more capable of providing insight or more able to do some things than others. These strengths seem to get overlooked by the majority of people who demand conformity and think that "one size fits all" in so many ways. The frustration people have with that is palpable in the community and was something I had to adjust to.

For me, it seems like it's always better to be able to speak more than one language and adapt to your surroundings but many of them saw this as imposition and a lack of acceptance. This in itself is another level of acceptance that is required. Not only are they different but they don't necessarily want to learn to do things differently than they innately do them. They're comfortable with the way they work and just want to be left alone with it. I think autistic spectrum exemplifies the common need to accept innate traits of people that this transcends the subject matter.

I don't feel qualified to talk about Enneagram in any detail but I don't personally see how being frequently absorbed in thought links directly to a type that is defined more by the content and intention of those thoughts.

I got 22

I got 14, which I think means no. Someone once suggested to me that I might be autistic spectrum (Asperger's syndrome) because I often feel like an outsider or a spy in a group and can often be a bit zoned out like a space cadet. What you describe sounds familiar to me in this way--I spend a lot of time analyzing and I think to other people I sometimes seem catatonic. But I think using these as indicators for autistic spectrum overlooked the counter indicators that I'm very interested in people, good at reading body language and expression, and have a love for language and meaning.

Because it was suggested to me, I did look into it though, of course. There is a community called Wrong Planet that you might check out. I had also joined some mailing lists. I learned more about people and grew from it so I don't regret it or anything but I didn't at all feel like it was a fit for me.

One thing I did come to appreciate is that many of the behaviors and ways of thinking that we call autistic are an innate part of the person. Some of these things give them a unique perspective and may make them more capable of providing insight or more able to do some things than others. These strengths seem to get overlooked by the majority of people who demand conformity and think that "one size fits all" in so many ways. The frustration people have with that is palpable in the community and was something I had to adjust to.

For me, it seems like it's always better to be able to speak more than one language and adapt to your surroundings but many of them saw this as imposition and a lack of acceptance. This in itself is another level of acceptance that is required. Not only are they different but they don't necessarily want to learn to do things differently than they innately do them. They're comfortable with the way they work and just want to be left alone with it. I think autistic spectrum exemplifies the common need to accept innate traits of people that this transcends the subject matter.

I don't feel qualified to talk about Enneagram in any detail but I don't personally see how being frequently absorbed in thought links directly to a type that is defined more by the content and intention of those thoughts.

I got 14 too sentient :)

I got a 32 as well.

I have been thinking about it a lot in the past. Not entirely sure that all of those things go solely under autistic spectrum.
Or at least many things in there I thought would be quite general for introverted people, not just autistic people.

At the same time there has been the nagging feeling in my that if I don't have mild Aspergers I would be on the high functioning autism side.

Scored 12 here.

My 23 year old Son was diagnosed at an early age with the Aspergers form of Autism, so I have some experience with it as a parent.

I scored 28.

One of my teachers had me tested for it when I was younger and I didn't have it.

Last edited:
I scored a 21...but I’m not so sure that you can form a concrete judgement based on a 50 question test.
There has always been a question as to whether INFJs are slightly autistic in certain areas....interesting nonetheless.

I got a 32 and had no idea I had autistic tendencies.

I got 37.
Autism? Phfft. I call it not being an EF who cares about what masses of people think and socializing with them.

29? Okay... how do you score it? *looks at how it's scored*
Oh fuck you and your social norms.

Score: 25

My guess is that it is less likely to find people fitting within the ASD-diagnosis criterias here, since (as far as I know) most people with ASD are T-oriented rather than F (...and since this forum is called INFJS, well...). One of the major criterias for a ASD-diagnosis is having trouble using cognivitve empathy, the ability to imagine someone else's thoughts and emotions... which leads to not picking up tone, body language, unspoken social rules as well as easily as neurotypical people.

If you get a high score in this test and feel you're experiencing difficulties in everyday life, then it might be a good thing to see someone to help get things sorted out and possibly receive a diagnosis. Other than that... I don't really think this test as much to say wether you're autistic or not, it just gives some indication on some common traits of people with ASD. A lot of neurotypical people can relate to a lot of these traits without falling into the ASD-category, it's just some personality quirks.

I can't resist a test though, so I took it :p got a score of 19.

I was quickly tested for ASD once since it runs in my family and I don't really "function normally", but I think the major things that indicates I'm not autistic is that I feel I (as it seems) have above-averge skills of "reading" people... although even though I understand all the social rules I usually don't follow them (sometimes because simply I don't want to, sometimes because it's too exhausting acting unnatural). Being HSP and having synesthesia I easily get sensory overloads and stay away from crowds & etc, as well as do a lot of involuntary stimming (blocking out involuntary sensory inputs by using voluntary outputs) which is a rather common autistic trait as well... uuh I'm just a bundle of quirks embodied.

As others have said, a 50 word test isn't the best way of judging whether a person is autistic.

Agree: 18,21,22,26,35,42,43,45,46: 1 point
Disagree: 10,11,30: 1 point
Score: 12

but it is an even number which bugs me, I would have been happier getting a 13 cuz that's prime.

I scored 12

I scored 17. I have been diagnosed to have mild autism many times. It is my opinion though that the therapist may have suffered from such or misunderstood the burden placed upon me by others that I described whom them self may have had such symptoms. Its so easy to just yell PEBKAC about everything and worst case scenario everyone learns some responsibility, but its impractical. I seem to have the habit when being tested to simply give others what they seek and hope they overcome the need for such testiness.

It has been stated by the creators of mbti that intuitive introverts are the most difficult to understand. But what I find interesting about INxJ is that although such personality constructs rely upon Thoughts or Feelings never is one where such would originate. Why does one not focus upon the origin of such notions?

If we look at the epistemology basis for mbti perhaps one would note that INFJ focuses on posteriori knowledge and therefor most often sees priori knowledge as a ghost and is demonized by such as a result. Could that be the relation to the anima ESTP?

19. I'm all good guess I can't use that one as an excuse.