Authenticity versus Spontaneity and how it is interpreted | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Authenticity versus Spontaneity and how it is interpreted

Sociopath: a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sociopath

A sociopath is probably so concerned with conning others that they might not have time to be authentic, they are "con artists" after all- so their piece of genuine art might be pulling a fraud. I don't know, I think it's still too subjective....

Can you elaborate more? Or explain what made you draw comparisons between the two?

i think there is much more to being a sociopath than just having no moral conscience. i believe there is a part missing in their brains, or a misfire or something.
they seem soulless to me, like evil creatures feeding endlessly off everything around them.

i think it's open to interpretation with sociopaths lol but i will stay with my original opinion just based on my own judgement of what authenticity in humans is

i think there is much more to being a sociopath than just having no moral conscience. i believe there is a part missing in their brains, or a misfire or something.
they seem soulless to me, like evil creatures feeding endlessly off everything around them.

i think it's open to interpretation with sociopaths lol but i will stay with my original opinion just based on my own judgement of what authenticity in humans is

I've actually seen something in a documentary (I think) where they were talking about how normal people release serotonin or dopamine in certain social situations and sociopaths aren't able to do that.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sociopathic-behavior-in-children.html

In that sense your intuition is onto something....

I've actually seen something in a documentary (I think) where they were talking about how normal people release serotonin or dopamine in certain social situations and sociopaths aren't able to do that.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sociopathic-behavior-in-children.html

In that sense your intuition is onto something....
i'm not really familiar with the technical or scientific definition of sociopath, i go more by my experience with individuals who are sociopathic
i was in a relationship with one for a long time not to mention that i've known one or two in my day too lol
there is nothing 'in there' that shows any level of individuality or self reflection or personality.
what is seen as 'personality' is really a facade, changeable with the circumstance at hand.

Sounds adaptable to me.

This chick in the video is talking about two different things.

She uses the example of people getting angry at lonelygirl the youtube user for making scripted videos. That's more people getting mad because of false representation rather than inauthenticity in and of itself.

She then compares that to the amount that she prepares her own videos beforehand, but that doesn't include the whole issue of false representation at all, only the degree of spontaniety and how that has an effect of how people receive it.

I can understand why this would lead you to want to compare authenticity with spontaniety though. If people are looking for something that looks uncontrived, sometimes making it too unspontaneous creates that effect. Ultimately, I think those two things are completely unrelated. You can be authentic with lots of preparation, or authentic and spontaneous, and you can also be inauthentic with or without spontaniety. And technically there is no inherent value in either authenticity or spontaniety, unless individuals attach their own value to it and deem certain situations to be in need of either of them. You can only draw inferences from everything else in the world that you've experienced that already exists, so how much something is authentic or spontaneous may be largely subjective or an illusion.