Assumptions. | INFJ Forum

Assumptions.

isabellajay

On Holiday
May 3, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
It's very common for our type to get interpreted incorrectly because of how we behave, especially in settings where large amounts of people are present. What is the funniest/weirdest/most inaccurate thing someone has assumed about you (usually discovered after you befriend the person)? Go!

One of my bosses once thought I was lazy on the job for the first month I was employed. I'm one of the hardest working people I know.

Due to the fact that I use the internet, I've been called gay for no apparent reason a number of times.... in a real (if suddenly this really expensive service with shitty bitrates isn't real) life setting. Umm. Ah... I know. An ENFP girl once outright said that my opinion is "wrong". I was flabbergasted at the stupidity of it but also too upset to really fight back.....

[MENTION=9629]The Hazard[/MENTION] [MENTION=9621]jssanderson747[/MENTION] I've been labeled as both lazy and lesbian before. Both of those are verrrrrrry incorrect. I had a job where all the girls hated me and would tell the managers that I was lazy and would slack off. The funny thing was I was one of the best employees; they were all lazy as heck. And the lesbian label came from the fact that I didn't ever have a boyfriend or kiss anyone during high school.

[MENTION=9629]The Hazard[/MENTION] [MENTION=9621]jssanderson747[/MENTION] I've been labeled as both lazy and lesbian before. Both of those are verrrrrrry incorrect. I had a job where all the girls hated me and would tell the managers that I was lazy and would slack off. The funny thing was I was one of the best employees; they were all lazy as heck. And the lesbian label came from the fact that I didn't ever have a boyfriend or kiss anyone during high school.
Heh, hypocrites.

I've been called cold, heartless, uncaring.

Makes me think that perhaps I'm INTJ, or that perhaps I don't show concern in a comforting way to some types.

One of my bosses once thought I was lazy on the job for the first month I was employed. I'm one of the hardest working people I know.

The owner of the company I work for implied the same thing about me once. I am in sales / customer service.
He felt I was too laid back.
I responded that there is nothing wrong with being low key when dealing with customers.
My sales stands for itself, and that he was more than welcome to randomly call some of my customers if he wanted, and ask them what they thought of me. The important thing is that they are happy and return!

That was about 6 years ago and I have never heard that complaint from him since.

some assume that i am shy.

my friends would not say this.

I called him something back that was more accurate.
You just posted a quoted reputation comment actually. I don't recall anyone disagreeing with it.

Hmm, and he reacted negatively I assume?
Constructively. I pointed out that rep comments aren't supposed to be quoted, then sat back and let others deal with it.

You just posted a quoted reputation comment actually. I don't recall anyone disagreeing with it. Constructively. I pointed out that rep comments aren't supposed to be quoted, then sat back and let others deal with it.

I deleted that post as an admission of error and misplacement. That was not actually what I said in response. I left that on the other person's reputation wall. I bragged all week that someone had called me a bigot. I wasn't the only one who found the humor in that.

I deleted that post as an admission of error and misplacement. That was not actually what I said in response. I left that on the other person's reputation wall. I bragged all week that someone had called me a bigot. I wasn't the only one who found the humor in that.
Call-outs are fun and funny... admittedly, more so to people who would laugh when watching the likes of Simon Cowell, or Gordon Ramsey.

I... missed something.

That I'm "stuck up" and "snobby." It's usually only said by people that I try to avoid interacting with because I've observed the way that they've repeatedly treated others poorly and created ridiculous and unnecessary hostility and drama between themselves and others. It's not that I even dislike them or think I'm "better" than them. I just don't want to deal with BS. Way too tired...

That I'm "stuck up" and "snobby." It's usually only said by people that I try to avoid interacting with because I've observed the way that they've repeatedly treated others poorly and created ridiculous and unnecessary hostility and drama between themselves and others. It's not that I even dislike them or think I'm "better" than them. I just don't want to deal with BS. Way too tired...
that's pretty much where my minds at lately. I just need to get over feeling bad about being more reserved.

That I'm not at least somewhat consistent and back up what I say, and assuming that I must feel a certain way just because they do.

Being anti-DRM for example. One argument people use against me is "You wouldn't like it if somebody gave away stuff you worked hard on!" and my response is, how the hell would they know that? Fact is, I wouldn't be bothered, so they're trying to point out a contradiction that does not exist, and appeal to an emotion that I would not have. My belief is that if I can't stay in production without DRM then I don't need to be in production at all.