Are you easily charmed OR do you charm easily? | INFJ Forum

Are you easily charmed OR do you charm easily?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Are you easily charmed? How and why?

Do you charm easily? How and why?

Probably more easily charmed, (in fact, too easily charmed) though too afraid to show it. So I just get all awkward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flavus Aquila
yup i am easily charmed, also easily amused ;) i think there is something charming about most people

edit: actually after watching Odyne's video I change my mind. i'm usually suspicious too, probably more than I'd like to be.

Last edited:
I am not easily charmed. I can pick up on B.S. like nobody else.

Can I be charming? I think I can charm the average joe. Can I charm another charmer? Might be difficult.

I don't know if anyone has ever tried to charm me. If they have I didn't know about it then I reckon it is a resounding no. If someone hasn't no way to be sure.

I've been told that I can be very charming. I stress over such things because if ever you wish to start something with someone and truly care for them, I believe you should never start with some sort of facade. With such thinking if I naturally come across as charming that is wonderful but I don't feel that I was truly trying to be so. It feels more like a magic spark, the right person and it flows naturally..the wrong person and it just isn't there. My only speeding ticket was given to me by a female police officer, I found her attractive but refused to get flirtatious..I do not like to interfere with people doing their jobs. Wouldn't mind meeting her under different circumstances though.

I am not easily charmed. I can pick up on B.S. like nobody else.

Can I be charming? I think I can charm the average joe. Can I charm another charmer? Might be difficult.

only BS'ers are charming, then? :p

I'm easily charmed (major weakness). I think i can be charming (unintentionally). :smile:

Am I easily charmed? I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I'm going to assume that you mean am I easily enchanted with another person when they are supposedly flirting/interacting with me. And no, I'm not, it takes a very specific person to charm me and I don't even notice until after the situation that I was acting differently. I'm not easily charmed but when I am, I fall hard i suppose.

Am I charming? From what my friends have told me, I can be extremely charming. I'm quite the sociable person when I'm actively trying but I wouldn't say I'm charming.

I'm easily charmed (major weakness). I think i can be charming (unintentionally). :smile:

i think it's not a weakness, better to be charmed than to unintentionally pull the wool over other people, imo. although maybe not...

Easily charmed?

Yes. I am a sucker. A shellfish could probably charm me.

Charm Easily?

I think I'm somewhat of a good charmer. If I can get one-on-one with someone, I normally can break out of my shell. I don't have real empirical evidence, but I think I'm a decent charmer when I'm feeling comfortable/confident.

only BS'ers are charming, then? :p

No, it just means I'm not easily charmed by most folks because I'm highly suspicious. Doesn't mean I can't be charmed by someone authentic, however.

No, it just means I'm not easily charmed by most folks because I'm highly suspicious. Doesn't mean I can't be charmed by someone authentic, however.

thanks for explaining :) just curious, were you always suspicious of others' authenticity or is it something you've come to learn?

im irresistable and also unable to resist

thanks for explaining :) just curious, were you always suspicious of others' authenticity or is it something you've come to learn?

Maybe not so much suspicious as critical. After all, it wouldn't be that far of a logical leap to assume that most people have an agenda. And if you come across someone who says and does all the things you want to hear and see, the question that naturally follows is "Do they have a reason to be doing this?"

I used to be very easily charmed when I was younger. Now not so much, I can see it flare up within me, but I put my sensors out right away now to keep it in check.

I learned in highschool I can charm certain kinds of people very easily (quite a number of ENFP's). I can use it to help me in some cases, and it made finding friends easier once I got into my own skin. Some people though, I can't charm them at all.

Maybe not so much suspicious as critical. After all, it wouldn't be that far of a logical leap to assume that most people have an agenda. And if you come across someone who says and does all the things you want to hear and see, the question that naturally follows is "Do they have a reason to be doing this?"

Everyone has an agenda, just difficult discerning if it is hidden or not. Thus the difficulty in illuminating the very fine line between being attracted to/getting to know someone and the next notch in the belt.

I always have a reason for doing something. Conscious or not the best of intentions can always be seen in some form of bad light.

When i'm in someone's presence, i may become charmed by someone (whose intent is to charm me) whether its because they think i'll be more forgiving or lenient towards them. This type of charm derives from a form of social/mental manipulation. Thing is, I'm not usually aware i'm being charmed when i'm in the presence of the person. But once i'm no longer interacting with them, i'll usually if not suddenly become more conscious or aware of all the crap they fed me or charmed me with, and then i'll feel very silly that i was so easily taken in by the charm even if i didn't give in to anything they requested.

The other type of being charmed is when someone is really not trying to be charming, but i find myself charmed by them (they had some sort of effect on me), and then i begin to respond to them by being very attentive, smiling, face lighting up, becoming more relaxed and easy going, only to feel really embarrassed later on when i realize that i was too obvious and because they were really not charmed by me (lol) and i didn't pick up on this rather. In other words, i let my feelings show too easily. I'm not good at being cool.

Last edited:

most people are less obvious than that though, which means you're running the risk of disbelieving people who are telling the truth and vice versa when acting from a baseline of criticalness. i guess it would serve to protect you though... but i also sort of think people deserve the benefit of the doubt. i dunno. idealist in me can't seem to accept that people are inherently primarily motivated by personal gain.. even though it might be true

OTOH, if someone is trying to charm and i'm not just not into it, i'll usually have a deadpan expression on their face. And surprisingly they will still keep trying. It always amazes me. I guess they think i'm being waaaaaay too uptight, when in reality, i really just don't care for whatever they're selling.

Last edited:
OTOH, if someone is trying to charm and i'm not just not into it, i'll usually have a deadpan expression on their face. And surprisingly they will still keep trying. It always amazes me. I guess they think i'm just too uptight, when in reality, i really just don't care for whatever they're selling.

Yeah if I can't get a woman to show just a bit of a smile over a little time I get the hint that she would rather I vanished into thin air. I rather dislike the idea of being a nuisance, so I move on rather quickly if that is ever perceived.