are you a sports spectator? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

are you a sports spectator?

I can't believe the Spurs are done. I definitely thought they would beat the Thunder. Good thing I do not bet.

You're telling me. They got cheated a game though in my opinion, and the last game they played was just plain out horrible on their part. Definitely congratulating thunder on their win, but I also hope they beat the warriors if possible. Those will be some interesting games.

No. If forced to sit around watching sports I feel time being sucked away from me... unlike goofing off on the Internet. LOL
Also, the 'winners and losers' situation makes me sad.
I love running, hiking, martial arts, swimming, skiing, water skiing, etc... but not 'sports'.

Reactions: Ryso89
No. If forced to sit around watching sports I feel time being sucked away from me... unlike goofing off on the Internet. LOL
Also, the 'winners and losers' situation makes me sad.
I love running, hiking, martial arts, swimming, skiing, water skiing, etc... but not 'sports'.

Like like like, a million times.

I used to love sports, but since getting older, and looking at how much money swirls around in each sport, I can't help but shake the feeling a lot of it is fixed. Cynical maybe, but I can't nudge it.

Given how close sport is to tribalism, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was all fixed in a way to ease social tensions etc etc. I know I sound mad, but it's just a little snippet of a big conversation I had with a friend years ago in a pub about match fixing etc. Was a brilliant discussion but by the end of it, we no longer knew what we believed lol.

But yeah, I find it to be a waste of time personally.

do you watch professional sports? which sports do you watch?

Yes. Football (American Football) and Soccer and whatever sport is on TV

do you watch sports being played on television, or on location?

The television

do you support particular favourite athletes or teams? if so, why?

Atlanta Braves and Falcons, but the Falcons suck *shrug*

what is the role of sportspeople in society - are they heroes? do they deserve their monetary earnings?

I suppose they are, but only if they have certain positive image I guess

have you always watched sports, or did you make a decision at some point to start watching?

As I got older I watched it more. It takes things off my mind like work or school stuff

what do you think of professional sports and sportspeople?

That they are active people, duhh

I grew up a fan of Forumula 1, and now seem to watch a season every few years.

Reactions: Will