Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Are you a narcissist?
http://www.blogthings.com/areyouanarcissistquiz/

You Are Occasionally a Narcissist

While you have healthy self esteem, you're really not that full of yourself.
Compared to most people, you're quite humble!

Though occasionally, you can't help and reflect on how great you are.
There's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself - as long as you don't let it go to your head!

Last edited:
spoiler:

(If you lied on every single question the answer is yes )

If you have issues with your appearance or body, the answer is no.

You Are the Anti-Narcissist
You definitely don't have an ego problem.
If anything, your ego tends to be a little too small.

You have a healthy, humble attitude about yourself and others.
You don't boast or brag. And you don't think you're better than anyone else in the world.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself - as long as you don't let it go to your head!

LIES! :m140:

the first question - COMPLIMENT, not complement! :m100:

This said occasionally, but I know how wonderfully narcissistic I am.

I realize this is a seven question internet quiz not meant to be taken seriously but I'd like to point out that its premise is entirely flawed. Narcissism isn't about extreme self love, it is about extreme self hate.

Reactions: Praefect
I realize this is a seven question internet quiz not meant to be taken seriously but I'd like to point out that its premise is entirely flawed. Narcissism isn't about extreme self love, it is about extreme self hate.

Really a tragic disorder. The more you scream for help on the inside, the less you show the world you are willing to take it.

Really a tragic disorder. The more you scream for help on the inside, the less you show the world you are willing to take it.

True. Also: the more you reject your actual self, the more you need the world to breathe life into your artificial self. Heroin addiction has nothing on narcissistic supply.

True. Also: the more you reject your actual self, the more you need the world to breathe life into your artificial self. Heroin addiction has nothing on narcissistic supply.

Supposedly there is no therapy for it, but I know a narcissist through the family. The picture of narcissitic personality disorder, as if she jumped straight out of a textbook. I wonder what would happen if that artificial self was shattered. I think it should be possible to do that by dragging the actual self into the spotlight. It shows itself, sometimes, when she is intoxicated. If I could stand to spend time with her I bet I could get a read on her eventually.

:m155: What would happen, I wonder.

In any case. She surrounds herself only with people that praise her, is insulting, tests new people that way, and by their reaction decides how close she lets them get. And she's pregnant. This statement from her should be no surprise: "I don't think I will be able to really love my child until it develops a personality".

Of course not. Only then will that child be able to feed into your need.

Supposedly there is no therapy for it

I think that's bullshit proffered by neuroscientists who want to reduce every human behavior to a physical state of the brain. "It's their Amygdala and we can't do anything about that." Whatever. Contrary to what they claim, some problems are of the spirit and need to be addressed from that angle.

The perfect quote on this:

"The Secret in healing Narcissism is not to heal it at all, but to listen to it. Narcissism is a signal that the soul is not being loved sufficiently. The greater the Narcissism, the less love being given."

That's good food for thought. I'm sitting here, wondering how it would be possible, and really, the baby is the best chance I see of that happening. Everyone else would probably be discouraged by the displays of rejection.