Are Men in Danger? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are Men in Danger?

I tend to agree overall with what is said in the article.
I would think being thought of as immature by Women of your age group would be devastating to a guy.
I know it would be to me!
Should be motivation enough to put down the video games, get off your ass, grow a pair, and do something with your life!

Oh my gosh. There is a man in the forum. Are you single?

Ok, I actually just read the article and the end made me laugh my ass off...

Really? You're going to reference the founding fathers beliefs on this one. Lets take it one conservative step further and talk about the declaration of independence. This is why people don't like conservative people very much: they say stupid shit.

Also, if we're going to follow Benjamin Franklin's example, then we should be busy fathering illegitimate children. If we follow Thomas Jefferson's example, we are free to edit The Bible as we see fit. Finally, if we are going to follow the example of those who participated in the Tea Party and the Revolutionary War, then we are going to be the enemies of industry and those who practice industriousness.

Yet another ridiculous example, but the Republic reference is still more ridiculous imo.

Reactions: bickelz
The problem with the Women's Rights movement is that it stagnated and reflects everything back to 1950's stereotypes. Their message hasn't changed with the times.

I'm in my 30's and no one I know under 40 has those same ideals people did back in the 50's and even 60's. We're not a bunch of cigar smoking, chauvinistic pigs, but the Women's Rights movement still portrays the male stereotype as being just like they were 50 years ago.

I'm tired of all of the double standards. Men have harder times getting scholarships and/or grants for school. Jobs with two qualified candidates will often favor the women if one is a man. Even in the field I work(ed) most female bosses relegated me to physical labor when a job called for it, despite being better at the other duties they would give to one of the women in the department. It's become sexism in the reverse of what it used to.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I will never understand the Fe tendency to bundle a whole bundle of attributes into a global social requirement for a single individual.

You only need to do these things coherently in each situational and allow your partner to see that your behaviour in different situations is honest to the relationship. That goes for mens and ladiez.

99% of relationship problems solved in three sentences.

[sarcasm]
Heh... THIS is what I believe people should be like, and if you're NOT like this, then you are wrong, and bad, and I have 500 demeaning rhetorical things to say about you. Because my personal opinion is empirically correct.
[/sarcasm]

I've been noticing this pattern lately. Somebody holds a certain opinion, and throws around a bunch of demeaning rhetoric towards anyone who would take an opposing opinion. It's actually a really unfair thing to do, and I hold a very negative opinion towards people who do this. It's a control tactic. You take away a person's empowerment to think for themselves. Make them feel like shit for holding their opinion, in order to force agreement with your opinion, or at least suppress disagreement. It's not a valid way of changing someone's mind. I would classify this tactic as "manipulation".

Reactions: Peppermint
I would classify this tactic as "manipulation".

Si si senor. That's why I rap peoples knuckles for it. It's actually very bad, disrespectful behaviour with the individual pretending they are doing others a favour.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Is it a godly and industrious marriage? If you have ever watched television and/or played video games (either of you) for more than 5 hours in one day, the answer is no. ;)

Video games no. But I certainly watch more than enough TV in the evenings.
I'm not sure what the definition of a Godly marriage would be, but it is an industrious marriage based on absolute trust and respect.

Video games no. But I certainly watch more than enough TV in the evenings.
I'm not sure what the definition of a Godly marriage would be, but it is an industrious marriage based on absolute trust and respect.

I'm not sure either, and I'm happy to hear that.