Are INFJs resistant to change? | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs resistant to change?

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I'm just curious because I don't think anything has ever been changed on this site without people bitching about it one way or another?

Reactions: invisible
Yep. Though, when we're fed up we want change on impulse, and how!

Reactions: invisible
I am usually fine with change, it doesn't upset me too much unless I think it is a change for the worse. I am usually in favour of change to simpler, easier things as opposed to more grandiose and complicated things. Sometimes my mind can accept change faster than my heart though lol.

I am usually in favour of change to simpler, easier things as opposed to more grandiose and complicated things. Sometimes my mind can accept change faster than my heart though lol.
Uh huh.

I like to sarcastically get mad about Facebook changing all the time. I don't think people notice. It's kinda cool actually. Learning how to navigate the site and all when it changes. I'm usually pretty open to change if there is good reason.

I've always been a bit resistant to change, don't know if that's an INFJ thing. If it's an actual improvement I'm usually fine with it, but I don't like change just for the sake of it.

Everyone is resistant to some types of change. We define ourselfs by where we stand and when these things change people resist.

i like improvements and seek them out. change for change's sake is iffy, but sometimes i'll go with it.

Reactions: endersgone
Changes I can tolerate:

- eating at a new restaurant once in a while
- reading new books
- using new technology (if necessary)
- living in a new environment (as long as I can establish my own routine, sense of "home", and interact with pleasant non-controlling companions)

Reactions: endersgone
Change itself is too generic to have a preference about. Different types of change however:

Improvements on existing things/situations: like
Improvements by replacing existing things/situations: don't like having to get used to new things, but like the improvement
Improvements by removing an element of existing things/situations: like

Neutral changes which are an addition to things/situations: like the variety, or am indifferent to
Neutral changes which are a replacement of equivalent things/situations: mildly like some variety, but dislike having to re-familiarise
Neutral changes which remove an element of somethings/situations: mildly dislike the reduction in variety

Negative changes which are added to existing things/situations: mild annoyance, but can easily ignore them if they don't impinge upon previous functionality/enjoyability
Negative changes which replace existing things/situations: extreme dislike
Negative changes which remove an element of existing things/situations: extreme dislike

Reactions: Rasmus
My family would tell you that I hate change. But the thing is, I don't like changing things just for the sake of changing things. If everything is fine the way it is, why change? Alternately, if I feel I could better reach my potential somewhere else or in a new situation, i'm all for it. Especially if I feel like my current situation is just negative and non-productive, I will first try to work it out of course and see if it improves, but once I realize that's not gonna happen...i'm just done. At that point, I want to change the very minute I decide it's a good idea, and get impatient waiting for the actual change to take place.

But, then again, i'm not entirely sure i'm INFJ. so this whole comment could be pointless. :/

oh i just love thrusting change-resistant people into going on thrilling new adventures with me

i don't care if things change that don't directly affect me, but when they do i don't like it unless it was my idea

I like to sarcastically get mad about Facebook changing all the time. I don't think people notice. It's kinda cool actually. Learning how to navigate the site and all when it changes. I'm usually pretty open to change if there is good reason.

Interesting point. I like the idea of Facebook changing slowly yet maintaining a general, predictable quality. I like how they're simplifying privacy settings. Obviously, you have to be a bit savvy to guard your privacy about what you say on other people's pages while maintaining/severing ties with people, etc, but this comes with the INFJ territory.

Actually I despised some of facebook's changes, like combining PMs and IMs. The way I use those systems makes combining them a nightmare for me. Also hiding people I don't talk to even if they are online is exceedingly annoying.