Are infj's likeable? | INFJ Forum

Are infj's likeable?

donkeybals

A Permanent Fixture
Jan 10, 2011
MBTI
enxp
Enneagram
I took an online quiz and have an inkling I'm an infj. The part that confuses me is the feel part, which I find myself to be split. I'm focused on feelings and emotions, but at the same time I have a definite thinking part. Yet, I was reading an analysis about infj's and it was spot on. Honesty, detail oriented, caring, always strive to be better, and have a strong intuition, have somewhat of a "smell" what's going on and have a great bs detector. Also arguementive, which I believe to be induced by strong beliefs, and a great feeling of what's right and wrong. Whenever I see something that's wrong, and don't do something about it, it picks at me, and I feel the majority of people are a lot more likely to let things like that go. I try to pick and chose my battles, weighing the benefits, etc. But in the long run I don't have a high tolerance towards disrespect, and just flat out meanness when it's undeserved. I'm off on a bit of tangent, but anyway, anyone have experience with infj's? Do you like them, hate them? Definitely interested. I think infj's are the dreamers and philosophers, and make a lot of sense, and don't go off and accept the norm since we are focused on the well being of pretty much everything, not just the certain group we pertain to. It's probably a positive and negative at the same time.

Experience with infjs on an infj forum....Hmmm.

no, wrong site.

----

And INFJs being likeable depends on the person, not the type. Unfortunately...

Reactions: christmas
Are infj's likeable?

depends

Experience with infjs on an infj forum....Hmmm.

no, wrong site.

----

And INFJs being likeable depends on the person, not the type. Unfortunately...

I agree.. some aren't very likeable. But I was speaking more in general terms.

While Fe types tend to be more accommodating, they can also be more stringent. Again, it all depends on the type you are; I'd have to say.

True.. Based on the little information I've given you, would you consider me an infj type? For whatever reason, I'm perplexed by the test based on the analysis. I checked other ones, just to see if I would agree with all of them, but most other ones I don't really agree with. I'm thinking I'm an infj at my core.

Depends on our mood I think. And that can change on a dime at times. It's best to really pay attention to what they are saying to you. Most of the time people know what I am thinking. They can see it in my eyes...

I like INFJs, usually anyway.

Are INFJs likable? Yes, unless you're an ESTJ probably.

Depends on our mood I think. And that can change on a dime at times. It's best to really pay attention to what they are saying to you. Most of the time people know what I am thinking. They can see it in my eyes...

I agree. Just something about it, I always feel people can see through to my head, as much as I can with them. But I wonder if this is just the way we think, or to be actually the case in reality. But I still do think the latter.

I like INFJs, usually anyway.

Are INFJs likable? Yes, unless you're an ESTJ probably.

I just read the profile type of estj's. And seemingly they have confidence in how they were raised. Yet I find this to be a positive yet a failing. Most likely they are pretty likeable, especially with people with similar interests, yet the failing is blind acceptance and trust in "this is how things are and I won't question or change it" view. I think it would be likely that I've budded heads with many, considering I find questions are a good thing in molding the future. But I don't think the future would spike much interest with the estj type.

True.. Based on the little information I've given you, would you consider me an infj type? For whatever reason, I'm perplexed by the test based on the analysis. I checked other ones, just to see if I would agree with all of them, but most other ones I don't really agree with. I'm thinking I'm an infj at my core.

I just believe whatever the almighty tests say.

Haha, well no test is perfect. But a number of personality test I've taken in the past have tended towards the personality types of human kind in general and not specific characteristics like this one does.

I think we're generally likable. But it also depends what stage of personal development we're at. I'm not certain of my personal likability now, but I know I was a lot more difficult to get along with when I was younger. It's also natural to get along with people you have things in common with, and MBTI type is hardly the be all and end all of similarity. But, I do find myself getting along extremely well with INFJs who I have a lot of other things in common with.

The things you describe and the way you describe them ring true to me for an INFJ. Maybe you are!

nope. :D (oh, maybe that's just me..)

really though, it depends on the person, not type.

Likeable?
To know us is to like us:)

Last edited:
I think their degree of likability has as much to do with the person perceiving them as it does with the given INFJ themself - as with all types, and all things, really.

That said, from my perspective, overall, I think INFJs are very likable—if not outright inspiring feelings of adoration and deep respect.

cheers,
Ian

While Fe types tend to be more accommodating, they can also be more stringent.

didn't we have a thread somewhere that was entitled something like "when Fe goes wrong?" it is scary. i have problems with Fe users when i perceive them as being too stringent and not accommodating enough. if you ever read a post of mine where i am judgmental and stringent, i most definitely sound like a bitch. i'm really not most of the time. i just have strong opinions. if i hate your opinions i might challenge them, but i still respect that you have an opinion. if i feel very close to you, i will fight you to the death about your "wrong" opinions. gloves are off.

If they're healthy, yes. Otherwise, they're insufferably worthless.