Any WoW gamers in here? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Any WoW gamers in here?

Sounds like you'd enjoy hunter.

I've heard pretty bad things of hunters, they even have their own derogative name "huntards" lol. Though, it must be challenging to play them well which is an attractive feature.

Keep leveling up the lock then. I used a demo lock for Arena/PvP and the control and damage were pretty insane. There are still some pitfalls like with every class, but most matches flew by when I went demo.

That said, I have an 85 lock and mage. I don't play WoW that often so I just put in an hour or two a day to collect better PvP gear and start recording Arena/PvP once I'm maxed out. It can be good fun but you need to seriously schedule some time in if you're new: I tuned out my friends for weeks when I first started playing, then some time later came to terms with my....habit of activity.

I haven't ventured that much into pvp, except for a couple of bg and some instances. But some people on the wow community are total immature assholes, and I'm not that interested in delving in their drama. Besides that, pvp sounds interesting once I'm more comfortable with the mechanics of the character and the game itself.

I've heard pretty bad things of hunters, they even have their own derogative name "huntards" lol. Though, it must be challenging to play them well which is an attractive feature.

Well the thing about hunters is that they are easy to play but hard to master. I knew a guy that was an absolute pro at being a hunter. No one ever would have called him a "huntard"

Well the thing about hunters is that they are easy to play but hard to master. I knew a guy that was an absolute pro at being a hunter. No one ever would have called him a "huntard"

What made that guy a pro? The limited experience I've had with that class is that the pet management is a real issue. I once was doing an instance, and the hunter's pet kept attacking me. I was pretty pissed.

I haven't ventured that much into pvp, except for a couple of bg and some instances. But some people on the wow community are total immature assholes, and I'm not that interested in delving in their drama. Besides that, pvp sounds interesting once I'm more comfortable with the mechanics of the character and the game itself.

Not everyone is. A lot of the player base is quite young however, so it could explain some of this. If you're not squeamish about handling the opposing faction in a...ruthless manner, then PvP could be for you.

Not everyone is. A lot of the player base is quite young however, so it could explain some of this. If you're not squeamish about handling the opposing faction in a...ruthless manner, then PvP could be for you.

Are you kidding? WoW is the only place I can be ruthless and get rewarded for it haha but yeah, the age level in that game may be the cause of some of the behavior portrayed there. I was thinking of going to EVE since they attract more adult players. I may get a trial account and see how it goes.

Reactions: roxtehproxy
After a while I just turned trade chat off and sent mail messages to someone I knew had X profession I need. Guilds are decent ways to get a better social experience, though some sifting will probably be required. Trolls will be trolls

After a while I just turned trade chat off and sent mail messages to someone I knew had X profession I need. Guilds are decent ways to get a better social experience, though some sifting will probably be required. Trolls will be trolls

Yeah, the trade chat is the worse. All I wanted was a friggin' silverod, but no, they had to bring my sister into the convo...and I don't even have a sister >.>

Noobs. I spend my free time on the internet surfing unlike you childish children of neverland.

Noobs. I spend my free time on the internet surfing unlike you childish children of neverland.

Admit it, you are just jealous. And it's not neverland, it's Northrend.

I'm a WoW girl. I play a blood elf rogue! It's level 77.
bet you could creep around in stealth and watch people and smile at them and give them warm wishes and blessings and send positive energy their way

Mages are the hardest to play, IMO. Hunter isn't easy either.

And you're going to suck at PvP unless u have experience with it, PvE will never prepare you for it. You have to know what every single class and spec can do, how to identify them, how to protect yourself, how to get off damage, positioning, target selection, multi-tasking, how/when/where to move and when to stand still and cast... etc.! It's like a whole different game. IMO start PvP immediately.

What made that guy a pro? The limited experience I've had with that class is that the pet management is a real issue. I once was doing an instance, and the hunter's pet kept attacking me. I was pretty pissed.
kiting and control makes him pro
control means positioning, distance management, being able to put out damage, and countering your opponents' control/damage
basically every single class will try to get point blank against a hunter, and a hunter is going to try to keep the distance. distance control is half the battle

Mages are the hardest to play, IMO. Hunter isn't easy either.

And you're going to suck at PvP unless u have experience with it, PvE will never prepare you for it. You have to know what every single class and spec can do, how to identify them, how to protect yourself, how to get off damage, positioning, target selection, multi-tasking, how/when/where to move and when to stand still and cast... etc.! It's like a whole different game. IMO start PvP immediately.

Yeah, I know. There just seems so much to do in pvp, the specs and gear change in accordance to what you're doing, on top of the cast rotations. What gear do you recommend for a lvl 70 lock interested in raiding and doing bg?

Yeah, I know. There just seems so much to do in pvp, the specs and gear change in accordance to what you're doing, on top of the cast rotations. What gear do you recommend for a lvl 70 lock interested in raiding and doing bg?
Lol whatever you can get your grubby little hands on. Actually, level 70 is kind of special. There's an entire set of PvP gear available at 70 that you can buy with honor points. I PvP'd my paladin from 60 to 70, and I got the full set. I was soooo twinked out. But you're going to level out of that bracket fast, and you're going to get your ass kicked either way, so I wouldn't worry so much about gear. But if you've got multiple pieces of gear or you're wondering whether or not to roll on something in a dungeon, ya gotta balance out your damage stats (int, spellpower, hit rating) with stamina/health. For PvE I'm sure you just stack damage.

Used to play, stopped right before Cataclysm was released. The game just kept getting worse, and worse.

I played from release until it became a second job I'd go to on my weekends... still don't know why I would do that to myself!!

Wow scares me