Any WoW gamers in here? | INFJ Forum

Any WoW gamers in here?

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
I barely opened an account a month ago, so I'm not that knowledgeable in the game at the moment. Any of you play here? What class and race are you playing?

I have a level 70 warlock and a level 60 death knight. I played a paladin as well, but I didn't like it too much, I only played it up to lvl 20.

Yep.

85 paladin, 85 mage, 83 warlock, 80 death knight.

Yep.

85 paladin, 85 mage, 83 warlock, 80 death knight.

How did it go with the mage? I may play that one next once I'm done with the warlock.

Played from release date to just before Cataclysm.
80s:
undead Warlock, tauren Druid, tauren Shaman, troll Mage

Mages are fun, the quintessential glass cannon.

Played from release date to just before Cataclysm.
80s:
undead Warlock, tauren Druid, tauren Shaman, troll Mage

Mages are fun, the quintessential glass cannon.

Death to the hoarde! Kidding :p

How did it go with the mage? I may play that one next once I'm done with the warlock.

Mage is alright. I like arcane. Not quite as fun as warlock to me but I got sick of my warlock near the end of BC.

85 mage 85 paladin, 59 dk, 67 lock, 74 warrior, 59 rogue.

I don't think mages are 'glass cannons'. Their damage is pretty comparable with that of other dps specs. Moonkin (druid with balance spec) I'd say turrets out the highest dps in PvP. And, mages are relatively hard to kill. They have a lot of defensive cooldowns. I see mages as pretty heavy in control and utility, relative to other ranged dps. They're pretty decent with peels (that's when you pull an attacker off of a teammate). Mages can do damage just fine, but their value comes from being able to protect themselves and their teammates simultaneously while doing damage. Good mages are seldom going to stand there and turret dps non-stop. You'll see polymorphs, counterspells and snares going up, as well as self-defense stuff. I'd say mages are the most defensive ranged dps class.

I was speaking of PvE (my preference), but yes. Mages are versatile in PvP, and druids can be frustrating to fight/fun to play when used properly. (Treekin when I did PvP, rather fun)

Edit: I used glass cannon because when I raided ICC/Nax/Ulduar and had a handful of similarly-outfitted and able ranged dps the mage often came out on top (high-end PvE fire mages, for example). Though, I had a boomkin spec on my druid when the Cata class changes came out before the expansion itself that did 9-10k dps in a few pieces of t9 and assorted purples. Shrug.

Last edited:
One thing that I'm noticing about the 'locks is that they can usually take any boss that would usually require 2-3 players to beat. With the felguard dem spec+fear+infernal and soul fire=total devastatation.

Top PvE classes always change based on the latest patch!

One thing that I'm noticing about the 'locks is that they can usually take any boss that would usually require 2-3 players to beat. With the felguard dem spec+fear+infernal and soul fire=total devastatation.
If it's fearable it's probably not much of a boss :) Demonology is pretty beast now! But the way I leveled a lock was affliction. Dotting about 3 NPCs at a time. I found it more efficient than destructo bursting. And obviously demonology is more about survivability than damage output, so it's not really a leveling spec.

Heh, true. People bitching tends to make the power-pendulum swing madly as Blizz tries to correct.

I have a pro-druid bias in PvP so I won't venture further in that arena than this: There was something especially pleasing to be the only healer in a Wintergrasp group, and the only reason very few deaths happened before our rising victory.

I leveled my lock all three specs at one point, mostly soul link/siphon life hybrid though. Send in meat shield, dot dot dot, move shield around to gather more mobs...more dots...collect loot.

Resto druids are really popular in arena 3's cuz of innervate, cyclone, and tangling roots. It's mostly cyclone to set up kills, cuz it doesn't DR with anything. For wintergrasp or tol barad I'd say Paladin takes the cake for healing. There's so little organization in the fight that you'll need to peel for yourself, and paladins are amazing (and a bit OP) healers right now. They're definitely #1 survivability, and best in 2's.

I know prot Paladins have AOE which would make ur leveling strategy work well. Not sure about other tank types.

If it's fearable it's probably not much of a boss

If we're talking about raid bosses, you're right, they are nothing compared to them. I was talking mostly about the bosses in outlands, Nagrand to be more specific.

Valid points. I couldn't play savior all the time, as not everyone got the "wolf pack" idea and sometimes we'd just be beaten like red-headed step children.
I know little about Paladins aside from absorption-prone, strong heals (Beacon of Light, I believe, was very useful), and hard to kill when played skillfully.

With leveling, I do my best to make it an actual challenge. Take on all the hard things first and fall back as necessary. Tons of fun with a mage because of the AoE and escape tricks. I had a paladin at one point and prot was too easy, it seemed. The in/output balance leaned towards output.

Valid points. I couldn't play savior all the time, as not everyone got the "wolf pack" idea and sometimes we'd just be beaten like red-headed step children.
I know little about Paladins aside from absorption-prone, strong heals (Beacon of Light, I believe, was very useful), and hard to kill when played skillfully.

With leveling, I do my best to make it an actual challenge. Take on all the hard things first and fall back as necessary. Tons of fun with a mage because of the AoE and escape tricks. I had a paladin at one point and prot was too easy, it seemed. The in/output balance leaned towards output.

The thing I didn't like about the Paladins is that it required your whole attention on the target(or targets) in front of you, and you couldn't do any strategies with the incoming mobs that were coming at you. I like to send in my minion, let him do the dirty work while I work on the background and see what next strategy to employ next. Those are my kinds of characters lol

The thing I didn't like about the Paladins is that it required your whole attention on the target(or targets) in front of you, and you couldn't do any strategies with the incoming mobs that were coming at you. I like to send in my minion, let him do the dirty work while I work on the background and see what next strategy to employ next. Those are my kinds of characters lol

Much agreed :) I personally loved playing Affliction because I could manipulate everything, and I never died due to life drain and the soul siphon talent (I think that's the name). Indirect management is my favorite, +5 for you!

Sounds like you'd enjoy hunter.

I barely opened an account a month ago, so I'm not that knowledgeable in the game at the moment. Any of you play here? What class and race are you playing?

I have a level 70 warlock and a level 60 death knight. I played a paladin as well, but I didn't like it too much, I only played it up to lvl 20.

Keep leveling up the lock then. I used a demo lock for Arena/PvP and the control and damage were pretty insane. There are still some pitfalls like with every class, but most matches flew by when I went demo.

That said, I have an 85 lock and mage. I don't play WoW that often so I just put in an hour or two a day to collect better PvP gear and start recording Arena/PvP once I'm maxed out. It can be good fun but you need to seriously schedule some time in if you're new: I tuned out my friends for weeks when I first started playing, then some time later came to terms with my....habit of activity.

I'm a WoW girl. I play a blood elf rogue! It's level 77.