Another white male attack: | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Another white male attack:

when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." It is indeed a fact. There are many facts in the Bible. To say it is boring in general is perverse. To say it is boring to oneself is an admission. To say it was written by the devil is foolishness. They call it the Holy Bible for a reason. @wolly.green , forgive me, as I thought everyone would further understand that post after reading those before it.

They killed people for making fun of the Quran. I just get a might protective. Yes,this thread came from other threads.

Another white male attack:
man-wearing-mock-shark-fin-on-back-by-group-of-people-in-sea-laughing-picture-id200200365-003

You know.... I honestly wish there was a way to have real discussions about issues so that one day there might be some resolution.
You can't go around calling people racist and bigots because they votes voted for Trump though. Are there some? Sure. Are the some that voted for Hillary? Sure. Liberals do not have the moral high ground though.

when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." It is indeed a fact. There are many facts in the Bible. To say it is boring in general is perverse. To say it is boring to oneself is an admission. To say it was written by the devil is foolishness. They call it the Holy Bible for a reason. @wolly.green , forgive me, as I thought everyone would further understand that post after reading those before it.

They killed people for making fun of the Quran. I just get a might protective. Yes,this thread came from other threads.
You don't know, and you can't prove it was not written by your devil. No one can and as a result it remains a possibility as much as your God does.

Of course he doesn't have to prove anything....That's why it's called Faith.

Faith in no way shape or form makes anyone foolish.

Oh yes it does. Solving problems requires reason and rationality, not faith. As Dwain put it, faith will get you eaten by lions.

Reactions: slant
Being as spiritual as I am, I know. YOU don't know. I need prove nothing.
Can't stomach having your own argument used against you eh?

Oh yes it does. Solving problems requires reason and rationality, not faith. As Dwain put it, faith will get you eaten by lions.
Is it reasonable to assign the same functions to faith and scientific investigation as a basis of evaluation?

Science is as useless in directing the search for meaning, as religion is useless in solving calculus problems.

A meaningful scientific quest isn't internally contradictory, for the religious scientist.

Last edited:
Faith should not be discounted any more than reason and rationality, just because something cannot yet be measured does not make it nonexistent.
For thousands of years people believed the world was flat and the Sun rotated around the Earth, to suggest otherwise would get you laughed at if not burned as a heretic.
Because we have not discovered how such a thing would work, we do not understand how to also measure such a thing - if it is actually measurable.
I have loads of studies that show group meditation and prayer actually do make a difference that is measurable, I would be happy to supply the links.
We still have no idea how our universe works, we have a few things figured out, but step into the realm of quantum physics and we are still in the infancy of creating working models of how it all comes together and functions.
DNA dictates that you are a human, but what tells the DNA to form it’s structure? What tells those atoms to form into the structures after them?
Or before them? Can it all be reduced to nothing? Is it infinitesimal?
Where does consciousness spring? Why can’t all the accounts of spirits and the afterlife, that have been fairly consistent in their similarities across thousands of years, religions, continents, be just as correct as the alternative that the brain is a complex bio-computer (possibly quantum), as the source of consciousness?
Both could very well be possible...as could some other completely different model/theory/source that has yet to find a discoverer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa
Some problems can't be solved.

And in comes Faith

David Deutsch has already refuted the claim that there are such things as unsolvable problems. Anyway, unsolvable problems are just another way of denying that progress is possible. Instead of pushing for solutions, faith prevents one from even looking. Its other name is dogma, this thing humanity has suffered from many times before.

David Deutsch has already refuted the claim that there are such things as unsolvable problems. Anyway, unsolvable problems are just another way of denying that progress is possible. Instead of pushing for solutions, faith prevents one from even looking. Its other name is dogma, thing humanity has suffered from many times.
Using the wrong method, or instrumentation prevents the solving of problems. To insist religion provide the solution for scientific problems essentially blocks solutions. Using the wrong method/instrumentation is both obstructive of progress, and a misuse of resources.

When religion stands in the way of progress it is a misuse/abuse of religion.

Reactions: wolly.green
Faith should not be discounted any more than reason and rationality, just because something cannot yet be measured does not make it nonexistent.
For thousands of years people believed the world was flat and the Sun rotated around the Earth, to suggest otherwise would get you laughed at if not burned as a heretic.
Because we have not discovered how such a thing would work, we do not understand how to also measure such a thing - if it is actually measurable.
I have loads of studies that show group meditation and prayer actually do make a difference that is measurable, I would be happy to supply the links.
We still have no idea how our universe works, we have a few things figured out, but step into the realm of quantum physics and we are still in the infancy of creating working models of how it all comes together and functions.
DNA dictates that you are a human, but what tells the DNA to form it’s structure? What tells those atoms to form into the structures after them?
Or before them? Can it all be reduced to nothing? Is it infinitesimal?
Where does consciousness spring? Why can’t all the accounts of spirits and the afterlife, that have been fairly consistent in their similarities across thousands of years, religions, continents, be just as correct as the alternative that the brain is a complex bio-computer (possibly quantum), as the source of consciousness?
Both could very well be possible...as could some other completely different model/theory/source that has yet to find a discoverer.

You have said too many things here. So I'll reply to a few.

1. Measurement is not the standard by which we come to know a thing exists. That is the role a theory, to explain the available evidence and tell us what exists and why?
2. The problem with faith has nothing all to do with evidence. The problem is what faith causes its hosts to do. You have faith that the silhouette on the wall isn't a lion? If you're wrong it'll eats you. You have faith that god will help all people living in poverty? If you're wrong they all die from some treatable disease. All I see in faith is death.

Why is this even interesting? You stated a fact without explaining why it even matters?
this is response to flavus aquila making 10 threads a day on the opposite spectrum. he has a thread called "another muslim attack" this was meant to mock him and that particular thread

Reactions: wolly.green
Using the wrong method, or instrumentation prevents the solving of problems. To insist religion provide the solution for scientific problems essentially blocks solutions. Using the wrong method/instrumentation is both obstructive of progress, and a misuse of resources.

When religion stands in the way of progress it is a misuse/abuse of religion.

I'm not saying religion always obstructs progress. But that it is difficult to tell until after the fact, until after the damage has been caused. And then we learn, again, why dogma is such a bad thing.