Andre Agassi Meth abuse! | INFJ Forum

Andre Agassi Meth abuse!

smiffy

Community Member
Jul 20, 2009
MBTI
XXXX
hey guys just wondering If anyone has any opinions (stupid question on this site) on the Andre Agassi story,

I am a huge Agassi fan, to my knowledge he took crystal meth during his 1997 season, I will lose no respect for him unless the crystal meth acted as a stimulant in some of his matches (does anyone know does this drug give any sporting advantage?)

If it was a case of a slip up and recreational use, although against drugs I can forgive him, but if it was used as an advantage I would be really against that but he doesn't strike me as someone who would do that.

(does anyone know does this drug give any sporting advantage?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_meth#Effects

From the list on there, it doesn't seem to induce any physical effects that are advantageous, but I can see how some of its psychological effects could be potentially beneficial.

Whether he actually used it for that though, I guess only he can ever really say.

hey guys just wondering If anyone has any opinions (stupid question on this site) on the Andre Agassi story,

I am a huge Agassi fan, to my knowledge he took crystal meth during his 1997 season, I will lose no respect for him unless the crystal meth acted as a stimulant in some of his matches (does anyone know does this drug give any sporting advantage?)

If it was a case of a slip up and recreational use, although against drugs I can forgive him, but if it was used as an advantage I would be really against that but he doesn't strike me as someone who would do that.

Amphetamines GREATLY increase your mental focus in most cases. They also increase energy considerably, which definitely acts as a stimulant. I have taken amphetamines (prescription Adderall), but not methamphetamine. Amphetamines were used greatly in WWII for pilots and general infantry. However, it was quickly determined the side effects were not worth the stimulation.

I had NO idea he ever used meth.

I know so many good people that do the drug, it tears me apart.

Last edited:
I was a little shocked. But only because I was 17 in 1997 and still trying to believe that drug use was still a bit rare. Andre has come leaps and bounds since then, in every aspect of his life, and admitting this must have been very difficult. I believe that that better informs the respect I have for him.

Last edited: