Americans right to protect themselves | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Americans right to protect themselves

I honestly do not see how this is different in the US.

I do think Democrats in general fear guns because they know how they themselves would be inclined to use them. Overlaying their own feelings and intent on others when gauging others intent and desire to own them. This is where their fear comes from and their desire to control them as well.
Um...no.
Now you’re just projecting your biases and false conclusions onto “democrats”, and honestly you’re just flat wrong.
It’s more likely dumbasses who think they are a tough guy but can’t see straight because their adrenaline is overriding their ability to think clearly.
Then there is just incompetent people who should not own one at all, but thanks to a lack of regulating the industry they get one anyhow.
There are legit gun accidents also...it doesn’t matter their political leanings...that’s such a typical response from you.
All the Democrats are afraid!!
Derp.
(Obama is taking your guns!!!
Quick, buy as many as you can!!)
Obama was great for gun and ammo sales!!
So who here is full of fear?

AS OF SEPTEMBER 27, 2017, THIS YEAR:
97 KIDS KILLED
157 KIDS INJURED
11 ADULTS INJURED
4 ADULTS KILLED

2016 TOTALS:
121 KIDS KILLED
176 KIDS INJURED
21 ADULTS SHOT....ALL BY KIDS

http://childrensfirearmsafetyalliance.com/cfsa-2016-kids-shooting-data

Last edited:

I do think Democrats in general fear guns because they know how they themselves would be inclined to use them. Overlaying their own feelings and intent on others when gauging others intent and desire to own them. This is where their fear comes from and their desire to control them as well.
Pish posh. Progressives also own and know how to properly and safely use guns. Remember, you are the one all hot and bothered about an impending civil war.

It can happen anywhere anytime. You must gas up and buy groceries now and then. SIT AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT?
Protection from physical violence is not a high priority for me.

I'm not the President yet.

Last edited:

Congratulations!
This is one of the most impressively ignorant things you've allowed your brain to puke up.

Pish posh. Progressives also own and know how to properly and safely use guns. Remember, you are the one all hot and bothered about an impending civil war.
1294.gif

Congratulations!
This is one of the most impressively ignorant things you've allowed your brain to puke up.
Oh Milktoast, I am really sorry you did not like my post. I really think of it to be quite an accurate insight into a large problem.
As for ignorant, I'm not sure you have a clear understanding of the definition. You might want to work on that.

Oh Milktoast, I am really sorry you did not like my post. I really think of it to be quite an accurate insight into a large problem.
As for ignorant, I'm not sure you have a clear understanding of the definition. You might want to work on that.

I love when you patronize me, you sexy bird-brain! My understanding of the word is fair, balanced, and 100% accurate.

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
  1. "he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
    synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More

• lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
      "they were ignorant of astronomy"
      synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More

• informal
      discourteous or rude.
      "this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"
  2. Eventhorizon

I love when you patronize me, you sexy bird-brain! My understanding of the word is fair, balanced, and 100% accurate.

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
    synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
      synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More

• informal
      discourteous or rude.
  2. Eventhorizon
I bet you were using definition 2.

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective

• informal
      discourteous or rude.
  2. Eventhorizon
Are you sure you did not edit that?

Reactions: Professor Snep

Or maybe it has something to do with the regular mass shootings that occur in this country. Nah, that could not be it.

Or maybe it has something to do with the regular mass shootings that occur in this country. Nah, that could not be it.
It really isnt. Guns don't kill people. If more people had guns it would be safer. A fact proven in statistics. Also, will you ban cars next? Propane...any volatile substance that can be turned into a bomb with minimal knowledge?
Fear is healthy. I wont go onto to say whatbisnt for fear of sounding like a broken record.

It really isnt. Guns don't kill people. If more people had guns it would be safer. A fact proven in statistics. Also, will you ban cars next? Propane...any volatile substance that can be turned into a bomb with minimal knowledge?
Fear is healthy. I wont go onto to say whatbisnt for fear of sounding like a broken record.

Yep....fully automatic rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo should totally be legal.
Guns don’t kill people....blah blah lie.
“Fear is healthy.”??
No it isn’t.
That is a really dumb statement.
Yes, what we need is a whole society of people in constant fear.
I really want to feel unsafe in my city and home...let's have MORE fear.
So good for you.
And the car argument is a dumb one.
Cars are made for transport, and can also be used to kill people.
Those guns that were just used were made to kill people with no other purpose.
They are not hunting rifles.
They are made to kill.
The ammo he was using was armor piercing.
Last time I checked, deer don’t wear body armor.

I think it is necessary to look into what compels these individuals to carry out these acts. It is something dysfunctional in our culture. Where else is this a common occurrence where citizens have access to firearms?

Also, your comparison is off. Since the whole intention of guns are to kill or injure others. Cars have the intended purpose of transport and propane as fuel. That said, I support the right to bear arms. But we have some serious problems in the US with this. It doesn't sound like what this guy used was even legal.

I think it is necessary to look into what compels these individuals to carry out these acts. It is something dysfunctional in our culture. Where else is this a common occurrence where citizens have access to firearms?

Also, your comparison is off. Since the whole intention of guns are to kill or injure others. Cars have the intended purpose of transport and propane as fuel. That said, I support the right to bear arms. But we have some serious problems in the US with this.
Guns are tools like cars. You make a good point about other countries that manage guns in a way where they have fewer mass murders though. However I don't believe it stems from something that is dysfunctional in our culture. Its something dysfunctional for sure but to say our culture is to broad a spectrum. Its like saying the only reason this one apple sucks is because.the entire orchard sucks.

Guns are tools like cars. You make a good point about other countries that manage guns in a way where they have fewer mass murders though. However I don't believe it stems from something that is dysfunctional in our culture. Its something dysfunctional for sure but to say our culture is to broad a spectrum. Its like saying the only reason this one apple sucks is because.the entire orchard sucks.
Well what do you think it could be? Because this is a very common occurrence, unfortunately. And they are not tools like cars. Totally different purposes.

No, if you have a diseased apple tree, you uproot it before it infects and destroys the whole orchard.