Americans, I have to talk to you.... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Americans, I have to talk to you....

In the UK the local councils put up the christmas lights earlier and earlier each year. They've already been up for a while now

This is all to put pressure on people. Its saying subliminally: 'start buying stuff for christmas now'

The fact that the local councils are doing it shows that forms of government are conspiring with the corporations to get the public to consume more

Local councils... conspiring... LOL!

My step dad is on our local council, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. The local councils have fuck all to do with the government as a whole.

Edit: Also speak for your own area. My town has pretty consistently kept the light switch-on date to the end of November.

Local councils... conspiring... LOL!

My step dad is on our local council, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. The local councils have fuck all to do with the government as a whole.

Edit: Also speak for your own area. My town has pretty consistently kept the light switch-on date to the end of November.

There will be differences from area to area for sure and i'm glad to hear its not so bad in your area

I'm not saying that everyone in the council is conspiring with the corporations but in my area there are definately illegal activities. I live in Edinburgh and there have been scandals relating to trams, construction and the building of the parliament

Lots of brown envelopes handed around under tables. I've never heard anyone have a good thing to say about the council here and the christmas lights have been up already for ages!

It sounds like its the same in cornerstones area

Also it was a bit annoying to discover that many of the UK's councils had stashed large amounts of money in icelandic banks when the 'credit crunch' started. Perhaps they should hoard less and charge us less council taxes....perhaps they could spend less on fireworks and other useless crap and leave a little more money in peoples pockets

Also it was a bit annoying to discover that many of the UK's councils had stashed large amounts of money in icelandic banks when the 'credit crunch' started. Perhaps they should hoard less and charge us less council taxes....perhaps they could spend less on fireworks and other useless crap and leave a little more money in peoples pockets

Absolutely agreed, but those aren't symptoms of conspiracy or corruption, just sheer ineptitude.

It's almost as though people thought that some pissy phone was guaranteed to make them happy.

Oh my god mindless consumerism is both hilarious and sad at the same time...