Donor
Jul 18, 2009
CT
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
[video=youtube;nDpAkjD3wXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDpAkjD3wXo[/video]

What the hell man? What the hell...

Watching that seriously makes me want to cry. It's just too sad.
Okay yeah, I think I am going to actually cry. :m095:

Yikes, I thought I was watching the Spain riots for a second. Just wait till our economy collapses. Also reminds me of this:

[video=youtube_share;cikP6C_BqJw]http://youtu.be/cikP6C_BqJw[/video]

i only got through 8 seconds of the first video - not going to watch the second
it doesn't make me sad it makes me angry. it disgusts and horrifies me.
and it is not going to stop.

I've never seen anything like it :scared: ...

Ugh. It disgusts me, too. I have no tolerance for that kind of thing. Would that be an INFJ thing? Not sure. I just get very annoyed by these people and this "American" tradition. Which is interesting because I don't get annoyed by all that much.

What did I do on the morning of Black Friday? Well, I slept in. (Nice!!) I had breakfast with my kids and hubby. (Also very nice!!) Then I decorated a Gingerbread House with the kiddos. (The best!!!) So the truth is, most of us in the US don't even go shopping on Black Friday. But lots of people do. I honestly don't get it. I never have. But I also really hate shopping, malls, etc...

Reactions: cvp12gh5
What did I do on the morning of Black Friday? Well, I slept in. (Nice!!) I had breakfast with my kids and hubby. (Also very nice!!) Then I decorated a Gingerbread House with the kiddos. (The best!!!) So the truth is, most of us in the US don't even go shopping on Black Friday. But lots of people do. I honestly don't get it. I never have. But I also really hate shopping, malls, etc...

but you missed all the great sales!
ugh
i don't understand the black friday thing so close to christmas in the first place. actually i don't get it at all. the country is crying out because they are losing homes can't feed their kids they're unemployed, and on and on. then we see this shit

I do relate to those who've said it makes them angry...but I just can't get angry when I see it anymore. Maybe anger would be more productive, I don't know.

It's just like watching these people who aren't even people anymore. They are closer to frenzied pigs at a trough than to people, created by these imaginary "needs" that society has told them they must have to be acceptable or normal. Like in that moment, those people have forgotten what it is to be human, and devolved a thousand times over. I see a mass of individuals who could be so wonderful and beautiful be overtaken by this insane consumer disease, utterly transformed. It is horrific.

Reactions: JGirl
I didn't watch it, but I can only imagine...

I always shop on Black Friday in multiple metro cities. I have since Thanksgiving 2001 and I'm not even a shopping kind of person? I didn't go this year, but this was the first year in a decade I didn't shop and that's because I made 10k less this year and 20k less than the year before and I'm freaking out so I'm not buying anything. Just stay way from places like Walmart and you don't have to deal with trash. It's really that easy. I've never seen anything like that, and barely had to stand in a line in all of those years shopping and everyone except for one person in a decade was anything but kind and friendly. I guess by watching those videos you'd think that's what it's like if you were sleeping, but it's not.

[MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

I personally have no illusions about this being the absolute "norm" of shopping situations on a Black Friday.

It's more the fact that such a scene can be captured on film anywhere that is so disturbing.

Oh my god!!!! 2 dollars for a 4Gb flash drive?! I'd stab me a bitch to get my hands on a deal like that...

lol

meanwhile FEMA is setting up concentration camps in multiple areas, and the CDC has a field of 500,000 (can hold up to 4 individuals) stack-able coffins. Hacker groups are stealing and leaking classified intel... shits getting crazy out here! I think it may be time to buy some ammo lol.

Someday I'll have the newest X at unbelievably low prices. Just you wait.

Oh my god!!!! 2 dollars for a 4Gb flash drive?! I'd stab me a bitch to get my hands on a deal like that...

lol

meanwhile FEMA is setting up concentration camps in multiple areas, and the CDC has a field of 500,000 (can hold up to 4 individuals) stack-able coffins. Hacker groups are stealing and leaking classified intel... shits getting crazy out here! I think it may be time to buy some ammo lol.

stop it! You're going to make get rid of all my paper funds and buy silver and more guns

[MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

I personally have no illusions about this being the absolute "norm" of shopping situations on a Black Friday.

It's more the fact that such a scene can be captured on film anywhere that is so disturbing.

I've had a crappy enough night, so I didn't watch it. I wonder if I can guess what city that Walmart was in? West coast?

stop it! You're going to make get rid of all my paper funds and buy silver and more guns
Guns a definitely a solid investment for a post apocalyptic societal meltdown.

[MENTION=5861]Horatio[/MENTION] I agree! That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. From the low guttural screeching and moaning like simian constructs... ripping away plastic from the 2gb flash drive bonanza bounty, reminiscent of flesh ripping in a George Romero movie.. OMG Someone IMPOSE the Mall Muzak from the end of Dawn of the Dead over this video ASAP! Its a hit I promise!

Reactions: CindyLou
I do relate to those who've said it makes them angry...but I just can't get angry when I see it anymore. Maybe anger would be more productive, I don't know.

It's just like watching these people who aren't even people anymore. They are closer to frenzied pigs at a trough than to people, created by these imaginary "needs" that society has told them they must have to be acceptable or normal. Like in that moment, those people have forgotten what it is to be human, and devolved a thousand times over. I see a mass of individuals who could be so wonderful and beautiful be overtaken by this insane consumer disease, utterly transformed. It is horrific.

This is a great response Jill! I totally agree.
[MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] ??? What do you see is the root cause of this insanity called consumer disease? This is born from conditioning the american human baby from the beginning.

I've not watched television/cable/satellite whathaveyou for over 15 years now. Since I've been living in a hotel room for a week now I've turned it on and tried to watch stuff. oh my word.... All I have been able to get/see are shows filled with violence and terror or in your face I've got to have that....new shiny thing. Even the so called cartoon/kid shows show them fighting bad guys or killing to protect their families/friends. Kids!!!

I used to think it would be simple. Just tell people to turn off their tvs. But I have discovered one goes nuts confined to a small room without the ability to get out and about in a friendly environment. Nature would be my first choice but I see none when I look outside my hotel room. Friendly safe people are not outside either.

I feel like a prisoner. Thankfully there is the internet and this forum filled with intelligent and vivacious people here.

Does it make me evil to have slightly enjoyed watching that?

And here I thought my grandmother was delirious when she called me the anti-christ.

[video=youtube;FzRdQEfSUCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRdQEfSUCc[/video]

I like to imagine some of these people looking on with pride as their loved one opens the Christmas present they shoved a child or punched an old lady for... So bizarre and sad.