Am I the only INFJ that has experimented with drugs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Am I the only INFJ that has experimented with drugs?

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by crunchymane, Mar 17, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
More threads by crunchymane
  1. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Man, I mess with you hard body (if you don't understand, urbandiction!) as I've really enjoyed this response. In my 24 years, I haven't even experienced the worst but I've seen some stuff, felt some stuff. I was more curious to know of others that engaged in experimentation more than anything. I'm going to even stop smoking weed one day. I've taken 8-10 trips in my lifetime and I've only ever enjoyed 3-4 because I've had extremely bad trips, multiple times. I was so broken and bleeding, I was looking for solace. The last trip I had brought me here, out of curiosity. Having such an overwhelming set of emotions and then taking a drug that's supposed to induce the same is quite dangerous. It literally feels so horrible to me when I feel trapped and you can't just turn down a trip and quit.... Or eat some food to calm in down. Our brains are too extraordinary to handle it. It essentially placess non-feeling types on the same wavelengths that we are on.

2. JustPhil

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    @crunchymane 8 months dude.. 8 months we've been waiting with bated breath!! Waiting for something, anything for closure on this thread. Do you know how hard it is for INFJs to leave things open ended!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

crunchymane likes this.
  3. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I have experienced some of the same things. When I was trapped in alcohol addiction (only because I experienced DT and it was absolutely horrendous) I became unstable. Not a lick of family to be there for me. I sat in my room for 4 days talking to the walls and sweating my existence out of me, being as though the only thing I really had was that. My trauma and abuse were major proponents in all of that. Literally, if I wasn't so mentally strong/intact I would have killed myself with all the psychological abuse people have put me through lol.

4. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    But, I came through just to do that for you all <3 really appreciate the insight from all of you guys! Been finishing up my last semester of UNI and working on building a gaming company and other things! One of my best friends (already knew he was) took the MBTI today so I was stuck in INFJ study mode xP. Sorry for being so late, have been extremely overwhelmed and busy =/

JustPhil likes this.
  5. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    The last part just brought me back down into sadness as my mother is an INFJ and she abused drugs and is now experiencing schizophrenia. My grandmother is a very poisonous person. She has literally brought our whole family down into shambles. We went from a 2 story house in Florida, living in a white neighborhood as an African-American family (I think the only in the development), to living in a 2 bedroom apartment because she is so forceful to face herself. I'm confident in saying I have found myself. 2 years ago today I was homeless. That wasn't my fault. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE veered off of my path. Using marijuana has always been to reduce anxiety because.. based on my claim of my mom being a corrupt INFJ, she knew exactly where she could hurt me. I wish she never had to experience all that pain. I can not even begin to fathom how she felt as I have felt her bleed all of my life, and I used to try to ignore it because I literally had NO one to be there for me and talk to me how I needed. But, I'm 24 and I thought I would have erased her from my life. I want nothing more but to ensure that my mother is the most happy woman in the world. I feel like such a piece of shit. I have always felt like my mom was jealous of me... But that's because she was... BECAUSE MY SHITTY grandmother left her to suffer. My grandmother is naturally drawn to my face because I am a spitting image of my grandfather (I believe he is also a corrupt INFJ, he's very similar to me but I believe he has been nurtured to believe sensitivity is weakness... he is an alcoholic. What do you think?) and she took a liking to me. It just sucks to be born into such a crazy situation dude.

But, I'm doing just fine. I graduate on December 14th with my bach in comp sci! I hope to attend law school, If I can balance it out with a full time job, so that I can help those who are oppressed in our world.

6. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    That sounds like such a great vibe. I haven't had the chance to experience that yet. I only find certain strains of sativa to be a 100% ench for me, if you read in these responses to comment by me you'll find that I had a milk allergy. I literally lived through hell for 18 years because of some cow's titty juice. I only experience extreme anxiety when I have a week with minimal sleep. Very happy to know that there are other INFJs that feel at piece in/around water. I was born in a beach town and water is so calming and the literal epitome of meditation to me.

7. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I agree, I don't think weed is bad. But I'm kind of growing out of it. I've been finally getting my natural high back... Trauma and abuse can really steal your life from right under you. I have experienced that paranoia, countless times. I grew up with an extroverted uncle that was 3 years old than me. He has many toxic traits and isn't an advocate for growth so you can most likely place the people he's around. Maybe I framed my life and put myself in the box with him when I was choosing friends like his.

8. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I fw you! I really enjoy this sentiment. Ya could have told me 6 years ago. I'm not a kid either, so please show some respect. I didn't know there was life around these parts until I found my own heart beating.

9. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Eh, well on one hand I agree with that and through growth I've already engaged on a deeper level with myself to solidify that knowledge in my brain. I don't need drugs. The thing was that no one told me I was bleeding, no one helped me to grow out of that. People were hurting me everyday because they were broken. I experienced that on a daily basis for 18-20 years. What's an escape from existence when you are honest with yourself? Maybe you see it in a different way because of your experience. #Nofufu (lol sorry, been waiting to post that. it's a hash tag one of my fave prod. has created) but I have always been honest with myself. I've always almost only had myself.

10. OP
    crunchymane

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I've decided that drugs are not for me anymore. I'm completely doing away with the alcohol, last night was my last time drinking. I figured out so much today. I previously mentioned that I had a milk allergy. This is false. I actually suffer from Lactose Intolerance because I'm African-American and it's quite common as we don't produce large amount of lactose like Europeans do. This is because cows are native to that region and not Africa. Intolerance can cause fatigue, which is more or less the cookie cutter root cause of anxiety, depression and anger disorders in those affected my Li and who still use dairy products. It's quite common for this to go hand in hand with casein sensitivity. Casein a dairy protein found in milk and beef. It is also linked with cancer in wealthy children. I have been taking adderall as a medication for like 3-4 years now because I thought I actually had ADHD because milk allergies weren't linked to it. However, food sensitivity of any sort NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY. When I tell you that my whole family has suffered generations with not knowing that dairy, beef and maybe even gluten were the culprits it sounds so simple. It was hell for me. I literally am like a ticking time bomb if I accidentally ingest milk. If you have any black friends with lactose intolerance PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS!

Below are a couple of resources surrounding this topic. The last link is from a MD on the topic:
    http://haphazardoushousewife.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-dairy-allergy-can-ruin-your-life-or.html
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3068786/what-happened-when-i-gave-up-gluten-sugar-dairy-and-coffee
    https://kellybroganmd.com/two-foods...2zSNMcKX4Rm-277redrFuLqH6hCdk3QQqc4hy1Ne_BcyI

11. Aneirin

Aneirin AKA, David
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    type 4w5
    I recently moved home. Here, marijuana is legal and readily available. . just go to the nearest weed shop, and there are plenty. But I'm just not interested.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...